Wrestling Thread July 27-Aug 16: 8/16 Hiroshi Tanahashi Wins the 2015 NJPW G-1 Climax

Rusev
laugh.gif

Reading some of The Death of WCW finally, and my goodness it's great
roll.gif
reading the back story to the buildup, seeing where the cracks started to show and everything is amazing. Some of the things I already knew over the years, but reading about newer stuff I didn't know is such good detail is good to have right here. WCW had everything in their hands, took it for granted and killed themselves off.
Nice, that book sounds cool. I just added it on my Amazon wishlist.

Care to give us any cool stories from the book/your favorite stories...interested in the "they had everything in their hands, took it for granted" storyline..

quell quell

View media item 1648613
Here's an excerpt from it. I swear reading this book reconfirms that minus a couple standout matches, the last couple of years in the WWE has been WCW 98/99. This is 100% what they've been doing with Cena.

WCW was losing all kinds of money :lol: :smh: Goldberg vs Hogan took place for free on Nitro instead of on a ppv. Bishoff challenging Vince to show up to two different ppvs (Roaddogg and Billy Gunn did the same in TNA). The massive creative control Hogan had. Bret Hart being the "hottest free agent" at the time and bring him in to ref a Bishoff vs Larry Zbysko match :lol:

Didn't know Tamina's theme was this bad cause I rarely hear it. Sounds like something from Crash Bandicoot

How pissed would Orton be if he was the one that got his nose broken by Rollins :wow: worse than kofi outbreak.

Back
Top Bottom