Wrestling Thread June 1st-4th/Post Extreme Rules Discussion

yea i know its common round here to think wrestlers just grow old and die without wwe but they gotta still make a living

thats nothing you should check al snow out these days. guy is jacked.

C_WLIMnXgAIZOCv.jpg
I would but NXT is the following weekend here, too much for some rasslings

I think with Cole and McIntyre they can stay down in NXT for a while bc they are still pretty young but someone like Roode needs to be main roster bound ASAP.

You guys always so pressed for them to move these guys up but whose spot is Bobby Roode going to realistically take?

Just look at how well Tonga Jeff's call up has gone and now Finn Boring's. They're just aimlessly roaming the midcard.

Roode is better off getting that Main Event shine down in NXT until he's actually needed.

roode has to be called up

hes forty ******* years old for christ sake :lol:

This :lol: Roode is 40, Nakamura is 37, Balor is 35, and Hideo is 36. These guys and several others have been killing themselves for years to get to the WWE, they need to quit wasting their time. That wouldn't be a problem though if NXT were a real developmental place instead of a 3rd brand, then you wouldn't need to worry about having star power for NXT. Hell, Hideo better never get injured again, or it's curtains for him in the WWE.

I think with Cole and McIntyre they can stay down in NXT for a while bc they are still pretty young but someone like Roode needs to be main roster bound ASAP.

You guys always so pressed for them to move these guys up but whose spot is Bobby Roode going to realistically take?

Just look at how well Tonga Jeff's call up has gone and now Finn Boring's. They're just aimlessly roaming the midcard.

Roode is better off getting that Main Event shine down in NXT until he's actually needed.

Smackdown could always use more star power. He is not a spring chicken man he can't stay down in NXT forever...

This :lol: Roode is 40, Nakamura is 37, Balor is 35, and Hideo is 36. These guys and several others have been killing themselves for years to get to the WWE, they need to quit wasting their time. That wouldn't be a problem though if NXT were a real developmental place instead of a 3rd brand, then you wouldn't need to worry about having star power for NXT. Hell, Hideo better never get injured again, or it's curtains for him in the WWE.

Hideo would be better served leaving and going back to Japan while he still has some gas in the tank to get paid.

^Have to agree with that as well. So many of his peers have passed him by during those injuries.

The guy in the yellow :rofl:
03.jpg

Watching this World Championship Wrestling from 89, young Eddie vs Terry Funk, Freebirds vs Road Warriors, pretty solid episode. May 20 if anyone is interested.
1. Sting vs. Jack Victory: I forgot how much I liked the "colorway" of that old TV TItle. Fans went wild for Sting as usual man. Few Muta references in there from Jim Ross. Gary Hart kept talking about "Pandemonium" :lol: - And he called my dude, "The Muta" a few times :lol: . Nice Standoff between Sting and Muta

giphy.gif

2. Eddie Gilbert Promo: I enjoyed the segment because they showed Rick Steiner with the DR explaining the arm injury. Very realistic approach there. Simple, yet effective.View media item 2434327

3. Scott Steiner squash was literally that, a squash. Man Missy Hyatt looked so damn good back then.

4. Nice Flyin Bryan Promo Package introducing him with the 80s music.

5. Young Eddy Guerrero vs. Terry Funk: EG got a lot of offense here. Nice baseball kick setup from Terry Funk. Funk tore EG's chest up with those chops man. Funk trolling the black fans. :lol: - Nice how Jim Ross promotes Funk as the crazy dude? And Funk gives reason that he is a crazy dude? WWE: Takes notes, re: Ambrose.

6. Funk Interview: Yea, that is how you do a crazy man.

7. The Enforcer/Lee Scott vs. Simmons/Ross: The Enforcer looks about as basic as you could look as a masked wrestler. :lol: Up until now, I have only seen Ranger Ross as a jobber. Different seeing him on the offensive end. Ron Simmons showing off that SpineBuster in his prime. Crisp. View media item 2434329

8. Dynamic Dudes Promo Package: Catchy Music but I always felt that team was corny as hell.

9. Road Warriors vs. Gordy/PS Hayes: Man when the beat drops on Bad Street USA :smh: - Got DAMN the fans were going wild for the Road Warriors man (#MagicJohnsonTweet) . SST with the interference, RR DQ-ed

10. Teddy Long has had so many different looks man. I don't remember this Norman dude. View media item 2434328

11. COugar Jay vs Butch Reed: COugar Jay: Nice name, I guess?

Hideo would be better served leaving and going back to Japan while he still has some gas in the tank to get paid.

Yeah, I honestly don't think he'll ever get over with Vince like Finn, AJ, and Nakamura have, so he'll be jobbing once he gets called up.

Just have these guys as midcarders

Raw can only make the IC title big by having a 3 month hiatus of the Universal title, kinda sad

Last edited:
Oriental Torture Match : Great Muta vs. Mike Justice, Trent Night, Cougar Jay: 05/27/89
View media item 2434355View media item 2434356

Great Muta's Mannerisms aren't like anyone else's
giphy.gif

Muta's unique ring entrance
giphy.gif

The Great Muta with the Mule Kick out of the corner
giphy.gif

Thrust Kick into a Pescado by Muta
giphy.gif

Smooth agility by Muta. Leaps up into a crossbody.
giphy.gif

Nice sequence by both Muta and Cougar Jay
giphy.gif

Muta finishes things off with the high-speed Moonsault
giphy.gif

#NWA

05/27/89

Back
Top Bottom