Wrestling Thread June 5th-30th/TGIF Edition/G1 Special In US Saturday 8PM ET Okada vs Cody

I'm calling it now, Tutus will leave WWE and go on to bigger and brighter things and they'll be asking him to come back and work a match within the next 10 years.
Bruh he would be in his 50's at that point. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]
Thats what im saying

I mean I like titus and all but he's accomplished nothing in WWE for them to want to call him back 10+ years later 

I agree, if a heavy impact move is not putting them down at the end of long matches anymore, filter it out of your moveset.  

Triple H relied on his double underhook facebuster throughout his career for this reason.

The Jackhammer is the end of your night (unless Billy Gunn does it.)

When you see the One-Winged Angel hooked up and hitting the canvas, you know the other guy ain't kicking out.

Too much effort for not enough result otherwise.

Last edited:
Say..."How you doin?"

Drop that Enzo swagger.

He's a certified G.

And Big Cass is a certified ***** that's S-A-W-F-T.

I can feel that. He ended that man's career on live TV. I distinctly recall that.

giphy.gif

The death of Mr. *** is forever etched into my memory. :smh:

This gif just got me tight. :lol: :smh:

Speaking of moves, man the Spanish Fly and Sliced Bread might be two of the most illogical moves in wrestling.

Damage is equal for offensive and defensive wrestlers

Roman is getting destroyed by creative/Vince. Get rid of the outfit, music, spear(Hate everyones spear besides Goldberg), and let him tell fans to kiss his ***. You'll have a megastar then

I didn't mind Reigns keeping his attire cause for years they were always having guys switch their attire to trunks just cause they were in main events. Just made him stand out to me. I dig the subtle changes to his attire since the Shield split. Creative is definitely screwing him up though. He should be cutting short blunt promos and kicking ***. That's it.

Let me say this. The, "____ should be a finisher" conversation is one that I have never agreed with. There is no reason to believe a Finisher SHOULD be in circulation for more than a decade. (Hell that is even a long time).

Each sport evolves. If dudes are still getting beat with DDTs in 2017, I would have a problem with the lack of prep that the wrestlers are putting in.

I can understand certain moves off of the top (Top Rope Head Dropping Moves), but sometimes yall use the, "Why isn't that a finisher anymore" cared for moves that aren't even that devestating.

Nobody should have the same finisher for more than 5 years.

Let me say this. The, "____ should be a finisher" conversation is one that I have never agreed with. There is no reason to believe a Finisher SHOULD be in circulation for more than a decade. (Hell that is even a long time).

Each sport evolves. If dudes are still getting beat with DDTs in 2017, I would have a problem with the lack of prep that the wrestlers are putting in.

I can understand certain moves off of the top (Top Rope Head Dropping Moves), but sometimes yall use the, "Why isn't that a finisher anymore" cared for moves that aren't even that devestating.

Nobody should have the same finisher for more than 5 years.

I disagree. You can further diversify your moveset adding more finishers but you shouldn't replace your finisher.

I wouldn't want to see Stone Cold do something other than a Stunner because that's what I've been conditioned to.

A well performed DDT is still a believable finishing move.

The moves lose their value because they are performed too often by too many and become regular moves instead of finishing moves.

Superkick. If HBK hits it.
DDT. If Raven or Jake Roberts hit it.
Spear. If Golberg hits it.

Those 3 immediately come to mind. It's what your conditioned to. Plently of others do those moves but if it ended a match by someone else it would be a surprise to me.

I suggest keeping the move in your moveset. I never said you should stop doing it, but to rely on a move as your primary finisher for an extended period of time shouldn't be done.

Take someone like Liger. Liger has went through MANY finishers throughout his career. After a few years, he shifts that move from the FINISHER slot and turns it into a SIGNATURE move.

Shooting Star Press
Fisherman Buster: Still used it after he was done with it as a finisher
Top Rope Fisherman Buster: Still used it after he was done with it as a finisher
LigerBomb: Still used it after he was done with it as a finisher
Running LigerBomb: Still used it after he was done with it as a finisher

See where I am going here.

A well performed DDT is still a believable finishing move.

The moves lose their value because they are performed too often by too many and become regular moves instead of finishing moves.

But that is what is supposed to happen in a competitive sport. When someone has success with a tactic, others WILL (and should) follow suit. So of course the value of the tactic will drop as time goes on. What is supposed to happen?

Should people "fall" for the Wildcat Offense 10 years after it was popularized in the NFL? No.
Should MMA dudes still fall for the Superman punch as often as they did before Bas Rutten popularized it? No

So when that happens, reinvent. Don't keep RELYING on the same move to be your finisher when the move is being done by everyone else.

I just don't think it makes competitive sense

Back
Top Bottom