Wrestling Thread June 5th-30th/TGIF Edition/G1 Special In US Saturday 8PM ET Okada vs Cody

M13418.jpg

I disagree. You can further diversify your moveset adding more finishers but you shouldn't replace your finisher.

I wouldn't want to see Stone Cold do something other than a Stunner because that's what I've been conditioned to.

A well performed DDT is still a believable finishing move.

The moves lose their value because they are performed too often by too many and become regular moves instead of finishing moves.

Superkick. If HBK hits it.
DDT. If Raven or Jake Roberts hit it.
Spear. If Golberg hits it.

Those 3 immediately come to mind. It's what your conditioned to. Plently of others do those moves but if it ended a match by someone else it would be a surprise to me.

I dont remember ever seeing him use it, but did Austin ever Stun Gun anyone in the WWE? He never used the Lou Thesz press in the USWA or WCW but was always a move he used in the WWF.

Just looked this up on Youtube

There should be times that wrestlers dont resort to their finishers and finsih them with something out of the blue, i.e. Kerry Von Erich's backslide victory over Flair, Steamboat's pin on Flair when they both had their shoulders down til Steamboat put his arm up, etc.

Watch Great American Bash 89

Philly had a card at the Civc Center which was my first live card and Wargames was announced but they ended up doing a 10 man tag instead, word was that they didnt want to get hurt the day before the PPV. Here was the lineup :

NWA @ Philadelphia, PA - Civic Center - July 22, 1989 (3,000)
Al Greene & Ron Simmons defeated Scott Hall & Joey Maggs at 8:30 when Simmons pinned Maggs following a shoulderblock from the middle turnbuckle
Norman pinned Ranger Ross at 6:21
Sid Vicious & Dan Spivey defeated Johnny & Davey Rich at 7:40 following a double powerbomb on Davey
Shane Douglas & Johnny Ace defeated the New Zealand Militia at 6:30 when Shane Douglas pinned Jack Victory with a crossbody
Mike Rotundo pinned Scott Steiner at 5:38 in a "suplex match" even though Steiner's foot was on the ropes
Kevin Sullivan pinned Rick Steiner at 5:10 after Sullivan hit Steiner with a foreign object after referee Tommy Young intercepted a weapon from an interfering Mike Rotundo
The Great Muta pinned Eddie Gilbert at 11:20 in a Coal Miner's Glove Match after Gary Hart hit Gilbert with the glove
NWA US Champion Lex Luger defeated Ricky Steamboat via disqualification at 14:10 after Steamboat hit the referee (Meltzer gave it 4 1/2 stars and said it was better than anything at Bash 89)
Sting defeated Terry Funk in a No DQ match at 14:35 by pinning an interfering Bill Irwin
The Road Warriors, Steve Williams, & Bobby Eaton & Stan Lane defeated Michael Hayes & Jimmy Garvin & the Samoan Swat Team at 16:15 in a Badstreet Match when Williams pinned Garvin with a cradle

Missy Hyatt was with Eddie Gilbert and she was SMOKING HOT!
Sid clotheslined Davey Rich and he did a complete 360 flip after getting hit.
I dont remember Wild Bill Irwin interferring in that match with Sting and Funk. I guess that planted the seeds in place for Halloween Havoc with Flair/Sting vs Funk/Muta with Bruno as special ref.

House shows were awesome back in the day.

WWE ruined all members of the Shield to a certain degree. Bray is so sad its disturbing.

Seth looking directionless when he's probably top 5 in the world right now. I think Shield Ambrose fleeced us all. :lol: I mean the charisma and mic skills were there but he's never had a must watch match imo.

Seth looking directionless when he's probably top 5 in the world right now. I think Shield Ambrose fleeced us all.
laugh.gif
I mean the charisma and mic skills were there but he's never had a must watch match imo.
I totally agree. I was way higher on Dean and now look, jobber wearing a top guy's clothing. so to speak. 

Should be relegated to where Ziggles is at. 

There should be times that wrestlers dont resort to their finishers and finsih them with something out of the blue, i.e. Kerry Von Erich's backslide victory over Flair, Steamboat's pin on Flair when they both had their shoulders down til Steamboat put his arm up, etc.

Don't get me started on this.

I would like people to be able to finish matches with moves that are in the same Family of Moves as their Finisher OR one of their SPecialty Moves.

There is one wrestler on the main roster that had this down. Guess who, PAIGE.

Paige probably has finished more of her opponents with a greater variety of moves more than anyone else on the roster.
Ram-Paige; Paige Turner; PTO; Cradle DDT.

I love seeing stuff like that.

All hell Naw I am dead serious right now, I am going to banned all yall for The Rock slander.
The Rock>>>>>>>>>

I would like people to be able to finish matches with moves that are in the same Family of Moves as their Finisher OR one of their SPecialty Moves.

Paige probably has finished more of her opponents with a greater variety of moves more than anyone else on the roster.

Thats why I used him alot on WCW vs NWO Revenge. You never know when he would hit you with the Cutter/Ace Crusher.

I chalk it up to WWE again.

Wwe promotes stagnation and familiarity, they probably think changing someone's finisher would decrease network subscriptions or house show attendance

Hey, nice to meet you, ma6be.

But grown men don't use the word HI, unless they are taking to a 3 year old baby

Since Neville turned he's used the bridging German, superplex, rings of Saturn and rarely the red arrow. But y'all don't watch 205 [emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️

Austin>>>>>>>>The Rock

Agreed

Back
Top Bottom