Wrestling Thread May2-9/ The NEW ERA/WWE Black Friday/ Hornswoggle, Cameron, Santino, Zeb Colter, Al

You keep contradicting yourself because Finger Paint Finn doesn't have that character either and he doesn't have the in ring ability to just get hinself over anyway

Other than not actually winning the title, AJ seems to be flourishing quite a bit simply by putting on great matches, and hasn't even been on this roster long. Benoit didn't do too much talking and the fans got behind him cause of his wrestling.

You keep contradicting yourself because Finger Paint Finn doesn't have that character either and he doesn't have the in ring ability to just get hinself over anyway
Man are you forgetting the reactions his demon character was getting in his first year???

Finn is boring. They kept him as a white meat babyface in NXT with only slight heel tendencies recently.

AJ definitely is more natural in ring, but I'd say both lack charisma. Finn's only "presence" is the stupid entrance, which got stale about a year in.

Last edited:
Yeah I know their crowds are much different over there, so honestly, it seems like a very easy angle for them to play with a bunch of American dudes....After reading this, I feel like it verifies my thinking even more. AJ wasn't even the mouthpiece for this group in an easy gimmick. Of course he's going to put on great matches because he's a great wrester. He just doesn't have the mic skills and charisma to completely flourish on the biggest stage of all, where your character is almost just as important as your in-ring skills....

But the same goes for Finn too. If it wasnt for his demon gimmick he be in the same boat. And plus how much do gimmicks REALLY mean nowadays? The WWE champ barely has one, Bryan didnt either. All he had was a catchy chant...

As long as you put on great matches & stay in meaningful matches then you're pretty much set which is how AJ has gotten to where hes at

Finn is boring. They kept him as a white meat babyface in NXT with only slight heel tendencies recently.

AJ definitely is more natural in ring, but I'd say both lack charisma. Finn's only "presence" is the stupid entrance, which got stale about a year in.

The douchy leather jacket Finn is the one that would have the most upside and shelf-life on the main roster. No why in hell he gets painted and dreaded up doing those 7 minute entrances every Raw and SD :lol:

He can obviously play heel though...

At least his stupid entrance was 100% over for the first year, despite them not changing it up at all.

What has Styles done other than his in-ring work to make him interesting? He hasn't had a single promo worth mentioning since he's been brought up....

The douchy leather jacket Finn is the one that would have the most upside and shelf-life on the main roster. No why in hell he gets painted and dreaded up doing those 7 minute entrances every Raw and SD :lol:
Absolutely. His costume entrances should only be used for certain big PPVs, IMO. Make them actually mean something. They would get extremely old if they were OD used on the main roster. Knowing their bookers though, that's exactly what they'd do.

He can obviously play heel though...

At least his stupid entrance was 100% over for the first year, despite them not changing it up at all.

What has Styles done other than his in-ring work to make him interesting? He hasn't had a single promo worth mentioning since he's been brought up....
Let's drill in deeper. Finn is in NXT and AJ went straight to the main roster.

Who runs each? Which is less stifled? Are we forgetting that AJ's promos have essentially been filler while Ramen is unsurprisingly meant to look better?

This goes to the core of my preference for stale dudes turning heel, but that's another story.

Last edited:
Let's drill in deeper. Finn is in NXT and AJ went straight to the main roster.

Who runs each? Which is less stifled? Are we forgetting that AJ's promos have essentially been filler while Ramen is unsurprisingly meant to look better?

This goes to the core of my preference for stale dudes turning heel, but that's another story.
I mean, it's really going to just be preference between the two, so there's no point in arguing. We'll just have to see what happens when both are on main roster...

"On a freaking tank" - No limit Rusev

anigif_enhanced-5284-1427679713-17.gif

AJ is a country boy/good wrestler

Finn is a Irish boy/good wrestler

But Finn has the extra layer of the demon stuff which is why his character has more depth than AJ's

Man we are doomed either way when Chena comes back. He'll either squash rusev for the US title.... KO for the IC title.... New day for the tag titles..... Or Roman for the Heavyweight title.... :smh:

Last edited:
AJ is a country boy/good wrestler

Finn is a Irish boy/good wrestler

But Finn has the extra layer of the demon stuff which is why his character has more depth than AJ's
Wish they'd let Finn do other things than just the demon.

Back
Top Bottom