Wrestling Thread Oct 14-20 | 10/20 TNA Bound For Glory - Bully Ray v AJ Styles, Sting v Magnus, Angl

We were browsing the magazine together and there is a picture of The Shield and he says, "Those are some bad dudes. I have never seen somebody come in like that. They didn't come in scared, they put their foot down." He then went on to talk about how they could have made it in any era.

There was probably more but I can't remember anything else right now. We talked for like 1.5 hours. Really enjoyed that talk.
Been tryin to tell people that for the longest.

Dude seems very cool. He Believes in The Shield.

Man that Sting Crow gimmick was so damn cool. My goodness. Watching the match now....
Let me know what you think man. I really love this match, I'm so glad that I came across this. I need to watch more Nitro matches during that late 90s era. I've always ben a WWF/E guy. This is part of the reason why I wanted to start this appreciation week thing. I need to get more cultured with wrestling

Let me know what you think man. I really love this match, I'm so glad that I came across this. I need to watch more Nitro matches during that late 90s era. I've always ben a WWF/E guy. This is part of the reason why I wanted to start this appreciation week thing. I need to get more cultured with wrestling

If you want to watch actual wrestling, and not non stop promos, then WCW during the Monday night wars is what you need to watch..If you take away the NWO/Austin/DX promo stuff and just compare wrestling matches, the WCW dropped a big huge deuce on WWF..I mean the cruiserweight division alone is enough to murder the E..

But in all honesty the best true wrestling promotion in North America at the time was ECW hands down..And DC please notice I said N. America so please don't tell me how everything in Japan was better at the time..:rofl:

want to see some quality wcw cruiserweight matches as well as quality ecw matches. someone hook me on some :D

Going back to that NXT post, pretty funny Jesse White was cut cause he couldn't come up with his own ideas, whether its good or bad, and on the main roster, coming up with your own stuff is frowned upon, and you can get buried for that. The WWE is such an assbackwards awful backstage environment.

Going back to that NXT post, pretty funny Jesse White was cut cause he couldn't come up with his own ideas, whether its good or bad, and on the main roster, coming up with your own stuff is frowned upon, and you can get buried for that. The WWE is such an assbackwards awful backstage environment.

I don't get it either..I mean they have the most talented wrestling mind of the past 20 years on their payroll and don't even use him for the leader of the creative department..It just boggles the mind sometimes how WWE is the one who survived the MNW..

It was a good match. Fans really were into the match. Sting surprised me with the Big Splash off the top rope. There were a lot of clotheslines in that match LOL. It was solid though

But in all honesty the best true wrestling promotion in North America at the time was ECW hands down..And DC please notice I said N. America so please don't tell me how everything in Japan was better at the time..:rofl:
It can go either way man. That cruiserweight division was top notch man. 1996 WCW was some of the best wrestling EVER. The actual wrestling part

can't believe you guys had an argument about power bombs and didn't list Mike Awesome?? Dude's Awesome Bombs were just that: AWESOME

can't believe you guys had an argument about power bombs and didn't list Mike Awesome?? Dude's Awesome Bombs were just that: AWESOME
He did an inverse Tiger Bomb on Masato Tanaka that was impressive. Probably the most impressive Powerbomb spot I have ever seen.

12:00 min mark

Last edited:
Agree about the WCW CW's/undercard being damn near flawless in relation to the WWE's undercard at the time. WCW had so many lowkey and overlooked gems from Raven/Saturn/Kanyon feuds, Benoit/Booker/Finlay feuds, Jericho, Malenko, Ultimo Dragon, Psicosis, Rey etc. I was still what I guess you'd call a WWF loyalist, but there's no denying the pure talent and pure wrestling on WCW's undercard at the time. Also liked that even though Nitro was 3 hours, they actually utilized the undercard during that time. Great job Bischoff

I also thought, for the most part, WCW has always had better tag wrestling too..Not taking anything away from WWE, but when you think of HOF caliber tag teams you're most likely thinking about a WCW team..Plus WCW had way better managers and stables than WWE..I mean can anyone name another stable or group that could come close to the 4H?..

My TV stated on Nitro until the WWF Light Heavyweight title came about. I wasn't really into the whole Monday Night nonsense. I just wanted to see wrestling.

New Cena shirt
happy.gif
This guy hasn't been gone long enough for me to miss him 
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom