Wu-Tangs Million Dollar Album

these guys are really delusional to think people will pay a Million bucks for some music :smh: like this is a slap in the face for a fans who supported them from the jump. all these artists holding back their music pretty much just depreciates what it's about. it's music for god's sake, not 24K Gold.

this could've worked great with forever

their new stuff...not so much.

and im a BIG wu fanatic..

even got in trouble throughout middle school for putting W's on all my assignments, they thought me and my phillipino buddies were a gang.

then the crip homies were always, "man we dont listen to that chinese ish" :lol:

ironman, ob4cl, odb return to the 36 chambers, inspectah decks uncontrolled substance, liquid swords, wu chronicles..

its too bad these guys cant get along, that new song is poop.

Took me a year to get the wu symbol down. Those W's were all over my assignments as well. :pimp:

Man these dudes must be smokin angel dust blunts

And master p had 100 dollars cds before nipsey hissell ever spit a bar

This is reason why concerts exist. Concerts are a once in a lifetime event for a lot of people. An album that people will forget existed, who cares. Besides OB4CL exists, nothing will ever be greater than that when it comes to Wu.

If it's flooded w/ Raekwon and Ghost... I'm down..

but after that Chef interview, wouldn't give my money to Rza, unless that ish is divided equally and others eating like they should

these guys are really delusional to think people will pay a Million bucks for some music :smh: like this is a slap in the face for a fans who supported them from the jump. all these artists holding back their music pretty much just depreciates what it's about. it's music for god's sake, not 24K Gold.

Hypothetically, the person who buys it for a million can make $$ off of it. According to the article they can do whatever they want with it. They could then sell copies or do whatever else they want with it. Whether they'd be able to realistically profit from it is a different story.

Hypothetically, the person who buys it for a million can make $$ off of it. According to the article they can do whatever they want with it. They could then sell copies or do whatever else they want with it. Whether they'd be able to realistically profit from it is a different story.

This is what i am thinking.....its basically a reverse record deal

Why wouldn't a big label just buy the album....print it up...and try to profit. Just like a record deal. They pay wu $1 mil....and put the album out....thats called a record deal :lol:

Last edited:

Why wouldn't a big label just buy the album....print it up...and try to profit. Just like a record deal. They pay wu $1 mil....and put the album out....thats called a record deal :lol:

Cause who would pay Wu 1 mil...
The label may not even recoup.

Semi srs.

I think you are right.

I guess from a business stand point though you are basically doing a fixed price contract instead of a sales + type contract. You get the money up front for the "art" and let some one else worry about how it "performs" by sales numbers.

Its not that bad of an idea i suppose if you get $1 Mil...but if the thing leaks before the sale...your whole strategy is null and void honestly. Then you are gonna end up negotiating with a record company as opposed to hoping you get one rich guy that wants to keep it all to himself...or just buys it for $1mil and gives it out for free.

Last edited:
Damn this actially aint that bad. If you own all the rights and throw it on itunes with sum added hype you could eat. Remix one of the songs into a radio hit and its over.

Wu-Tang Clan Gets $5 Million Bid for Single-Pressing Album, RZA Claims

Although Wu-Tang Clan are releasing a new album, A Better Tomorrow, this year, they're getting more attention for another LP of theirs: The Wu – Once Upon a Time in Shaolin, a record only being pressed as a single copy. The album contains 31 Wu wonders that have never seen the light of day. When the group announced the double LP, rapper RZA likened its rareness to the "scepter of an Egyptian king." Accordingly, he's now saying that the group has received multi-million dollar offers for it, Billboard reports.

5 Rock Records Intended to Have Extremely Limited Pressings

"Offers came in at $2 million, somebody offered $5 million yesterday," he told the magazine. "I've been getting a lot of emails – some from people I know, some from people I don't know, and they're also emailing other members of my organization."

To date, the $5 million bid has been the highest and the producer called the experience of offering up a relic-like record "real positive" so far. But before the album makes its way to its final home in some deep-pocketed fan's gilded hip-hop mansion on a hill, it will be on the road. Wu-Tang intend to show off the album, which the group recorded in secret over the past six years, at museums, galleries and festivals. At these stops, proletariats and the bourgeoisie will be able to enjoy the record and its myriad guest appearances by the likes of Redman and the FC Barcelona team, though they'll have to wear headphones in an effort to stymie bootlegging.

"The main theme is music being accepted and respected as art and being treated as such," RZA told Billboard. "If something is rare, it's rare. You cannot get another."

https://music.yahoo.com/news/wu-tan...6129-rolling-stone.html?.tsrc=sun?_devicefull

Last edited:
Wu-Tang Clan Gets $5 Million Bid for Single-Pressing Album, RZA Claims

Although Wu-Tang Clan are releasing a new album, A Better Tomorrow, this year, they're getting more attention for another LP of theirs: The Wu – Once Upon a Time in Shaolin, a record only being pressed as a single copy. The album contains 31 Wu wonders that have never seen the light of day. When the group announced the double LP, rapper RZA likened its rareness to the "scepter of an Egyptian king." Accordingly, he's now saying that the group has received multi-million dollar offers for it, Billboard reports.

5 Rock Records Intended to Have Extremely Limited Pressings

"Offers came in at $2 million, somebody offered $5 million yesterday," he told the magazine. "I've been getting a lot of emails – some from people I know, some from people I don't know, and they're also emailing other members of my organization."

To date, the $5 million bid has been the highest and the producer called the experience of offering up a relic-like record "real positive" so far. But before the album makes its way to its final home in some deep-pocketed fan's gilded hip-hop mansion on a hill, it will be on the road. Wu-Tang intend to show off the album, which the group recorded in secret over the past six years, at museums, galleries and festivals. At these stops, proletariats and the bourgeoisie will be able to enjoy the record and its myriad guest appearances by the likes of Redman and the FC Barcelona team, though they'll have to wear headphones in an effort to stymie bootlegging.

"The main theme is music being accepted and respected as art and being treated as such," RZA told Billboard. "If something is rare, it's rare. You cannot get another."

https://music.yahoo.com/news/wu-tan...6129-rolling-stone.html?.tsrc=sun?_devicefull
5 mill is crazy!!  Man that wu forever woulda been worth like 25 mill

Meh.

Wake me up when Kanye does this.
 ​
And what's funny is this is what most people are thinking lol.​
 ​
Amazing idea.​
 ​
No one outside of Wu fans will care until someone like Ye or Jay does it.​
 ​
This is an amazing idea though.​
 ​
EDIT: Just saw it's going for 5 million. If I was Kanye or Jay, I wouldn't release another album until 2020 and then do this and cash out at a billion.​

Last edited:
*waits for Jay to copy this and do this*
Jay next album title: "Basquiat"

Innovative idea, but done by the wrong people.

No one wants a Wu Tang album, aside from die hard Wu fans. They would probably sell under 40k if it came out normally, now for a million dollars ? Please.

However, the idea of taking it through museums, and art exhibits, I like it.

If a guy like Ye, J****, or Beyonce did this, this would be extraordinary.

Because a big label is smarter than that. No one wants to hear a Wu record in 2014 man :lol:

Innovative idea, but done by the wrong people.

No one wants a Wu Tang album, aside from die hard Wu fans. They would probably sell under 40k if it came out normally, now for a million dollars ? Please.

However, the idea of taking it through museums, and art exhibits, I like it.

If a guy like Ye, J****, or Beyonce did this, this would be extraordinary.

I know where you're going, but I think those points work for them.

40k in sales... or $5million?

Back
Top Bottom