• Sea of Thieves

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Southpark 2

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3

Votes: 10 10.1%

• Total voters
Must be nice to have options for ISPs :smh: :smh: :smh:

I tried looking and almost none of the smaller ISPs offer service in my apartment. fml.

Apartments be the worst because they usually have deals with the providers like my old apartment complex and Comcast. Couldn't get anything but comcast and the internet stayed going out or slow as hell.

I'm sitting here wondering if the people complaining about comcast had a basic plan because I haven't had an issue with them in the 12 years I've been using them for internet.

120Mb down and 20Mb up

They are pretty much the best option for me since we don't have fios here in chicago and AT&T is literally the worst.  Everybody that I know that has AT&T non stop complains about them.

Isn't the "free market" great. I pray for Google fiber to come to my area, I loathe crapcast

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sitting here wondering if the people complaining about comcast had a basic plan because I haven't had an issue with them in the 12 years I've been using them for internet.
120Mb down and 20Mb up

They are pretty much the best option for me since we don't have fios here in chicago and AT&T is literally the worst.  Everybody that I know that has AT&T non stop complains about them.

They must have since they're saying they're slow.

I haven't faced any huge issues, mainly just have to reset the router once every couple of weeks, but I don't mind that as long as I'm not lagging out of games or anything like that. Their customer service is still buns tho. :smh:

I have a 75mbps package from Comcast and never have issues with speed.
Damn famb that 120mb pack must be costing you a grip tho :x

Last edited:

Mainly just have to reset the router once every couple of weeks, but I don't mind that as long as I'm not lagging out of games or anything like that.

Are you using Comcast equipment? One of those all in one joints? (Modem/router) any chance you're on a splitter?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainly just have to reset the router once every couple of weeks, but I don't mind that as long as I'm not lagging out of games or anything like that.

Are you using Comcast equipment?

Yeah, I want to eventually get a modem of my own but decent ones are $100+ and it's hard for me to justify buying that cause the lady just says I'm being a tech nerd / elitist. :rolleyes

Damn famb that 120mb pack must be costing you a grip tho
sick.gif
My comcast bill is the about the same price as a basic brand new mid-size sedan.

It pisses me off every couple months and I call retentions threatening to cancel if they don't give me a discount but they know we don't have very many options in our area.

I could only wish we had google fiber or fios because comcast has a damn monopoly in my area.

Everybody I know that has AT&T or DirectTv in my area isn't happy with it.

Last edited:
Yeah, I want to eventually get a modem of my own but decent ones are $100+ and it's hard for me to justify buying that cause the lady just says I'm being a tech nerd / elitist. :rolleyes

You can definitely get them for under $100, bought mine for $60 and about the same for the router. My GF works for Comcast, so i can't complain too much with free internet, but I refuse to use their equipment. Also returning their equipment, would save you money on the leasing charges.

A tech nerd because you want better internet connection? Tell her to stop living in the stone age lol

Yeah, I want to eventually get a modem of my own but decent ones are $100+ and it's hard for me to justify buying that cause the lady just says I'm being a tech nerd / elitist.
eyes.gif
It's always better to own the equipment unless you're getting it free in your plan.

A tech nerd because you want better internet connection? Tell her to stop living in the stone age lol

Dawg this woman doesn't know how to open Microsoft Word on my Laptop.

She just hears me say I want to pay for something better and she assumes I'm being an elitist or something.

Dawg this woman doesn't know how to open Microsoft Word on my Laptop.

She just hears me say I want to pay for something better and she assumes I'm being an elitist or something.

Sometimes you have to make the executive decision. Present it to her as a money saving tactic.

120Mb down and 20Mb up

It sometimes depends on the area. As someone who works from home, I need the good to great internet service. Just for some reason, when I'm gaming and nobody is home using the internet but me, I notice lag then I go to check the speed and its saying I'm doing 20mbps down and 2mbps up. Got tired of complaining to Comcast about this BS so when I moved decided not to go back.

Comcast is the worst. Thank the internet gods for FIOS.

spizike231 spizike231 you need to make tech your kingdom where your word is law.

Doom is so pretty on the PC. Screenshots dont do the game any favors :smh:

HYSHpqE.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom