Xbox Red Ring Of Death...

searched for this but couldnt find any straight answer.

Is there any cure for this or is it a straight L??

thanks for any help.

thanks for any help.

Mines got the red ring. I unplugged it and made love to it and now it works. But forrealz i just unpluged everything and let it sit

Mines got the red ring. I unplugged it and made love to it and now it works. But forrealz i just unpluged everything and let it sit

laugh.gif
  Xbox 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dwnbythebay29

thanks for any help.

Yes.

ps3_logo1.jpg

Originally Posted by dwnbythebay29

thanks for any help.

Yes.

ps3_logo1.jpg

Just send it in. My boy went thru like 5 different Xboxes, and he only had to pay for his first one, 'cause I guess Microsoft knows what it is. Nobody else ever told me this except him, but it's true in his case. By the way, why would you trust an NT answer before any other answer you may have found when you were "searchin' for a straight answer"? Like a not-so-charming homeless person.......little sense made.

Just send it in. My boy went thru like 5 different Xboxes, and he only had to pay for his first one, 'cause I guess Microsoft knows what it is. Nobody else ever told me this except him, but it's true in his case. By the way, why would you trust an NT answer before any other answer you may have found when you were "searchin' for a straight answer"? Like a not-so-charming homeless person.......little sense made.

1. File complaint on Xbox Support with Xbox ID and errrthing
2. Either ship it to them stripped free of accessories in a box and print out a shipping label, or have them ship a sticker (not recommended).
3. Go to UPS store, have them ship it. Free of charge.
4. Wait 2-3 weeks.
5. brand new xbox 360 is sent to you along with a free month of gold membership.

I just did this like 3 weeks ago, and been murking dudes on Gears ever since.

2. Either ship it to them stripped free of accessories in a box and print out a shipping label, or have them ship a sticker (not recommended).
4. Wait 2-3 weeks.
5. brand new xbox 360 is sent to you along with a free month of gold membership.

Originally Posted by TurboMan

4. Wait 2-3 weeks.

Does this work even if the Xbox is out of warranty?

4. Wait 2-3 weeks.

Originally Posted by LA213ESPG

4. Wait 2-3 weeks.

I'm not sure... question is in the gray zone I think.

I've read on several forums (none immediately come to mind) that it doesn't matter usually, as long as it is the E74 error or RROD. Haven't heard too much talk about them forcing you to pay the fee if it is out of warranty, but the best bet is to call support and ask what the current situation about that is.

Luckily the manufactured date for mine was 8/2007 so I barely made the 3-yr warranty.

Back
Top Bottom