Xenophobic NYPD Cop goes off on UBER driver

Hell I'm sure most of us wouldn't have a problem if they wanted to frisk us if they were just frank about it and say, "hey I'm just suspicious that you might be carrying a firearm, would you mind if we just checked you?" I mean **** it I'm not hiding anything so I wouldn't have a problem with that. It's the vulgarities, putting people down, and getting physical for no reason which is the excess.

Naw, personally I would have a huge problem with that. But I understand others feel different.

Having being harassed by one time in a few occassions i see this as a slap on the wrist with paid vacation...

Smh,its sad that the police are imitating 3rd world police...

Why didn't the white guys stuck up for him!? Tell the cop to shut the hell up and move on with his day?

I think there should really be a push to encourage people to videotape police whenever possible (no matter how severe the encounter appears to be). I don't think all cops are terrible so if we have to publicly identify and shame the ones that are then that's what has to happen.

This...

I truly feel bad for all the outstanding, up standing, honest police officers in this country...

There are a lot of them who signed up, truly wanting to do good for their communities... And it saddens me that they get lumped in with the racist, power hungry, and corrupt cops that get all the news and headlines...

See what I don't get about statements like these is if the majority of cops truly wanted to do good for their communities then you wouldn't have a minority of bad cops wreaking havoc and getting away with it consistently, giving the majority of good cops a bad name. The "good" cops are enablers of the bad cops and I don't feel sorry for them one bit. If they don't want to be lumped in with the bad they should do something about the bad cops, report them, arrest them. That will never happen though. If they were truly good cops that cared about bettering society then why do they harass folks looking for crime when their partner commits crime right under their nose and they do nothing?

I never said the "good" cops were the majority...

So the majority of cops are bad? Ok, thanks.

I think there should really be a push to encourage people to videotape police whenever possible (no matter how severe the encounter appears to be). I don't think all cops are terrible so if we have to publicly identify and shame the ones that are then that's what has to happen.

This...

I truly feel bad for all the outstanding, up standing, honest police officers in this country...

There are a lot of them who signed up, truly wanting to do good for their communities... And it saddens me that they get lumped in with the racist, power hungry, and corrupt cops that get all the news and headlines...

See what I don't get about statements like these is if the majority of cops truly wanted to do good for their communities then you wouldn't have a minority of bad cops wreaking havoc and getting away with it consistently, giving the majority of good cops a bad name. The "good" cops are enablers of the bad cops and I don't feel sorry for them one bit. If they don't want to be lumped in with the bad they should do something about the bad cops, report them, arrest them. That will never happen though. If they were truly good cops that cared about bettering society then why do they harass folks looking for crime when their partner commits crime right under their nose and they do nothing?

I didn't say that either...

IMO, the majority fall somewhere between "good" and "bad"...

Im enthralled at the fact that cops are getting exposed.

It makes me really happy that there behavior is being critiqued even when its unwarranted(not in this case however) . It wont change there policies or methods but maybe it will spark people to be more aware of the injustice that occur on the reg. 

Last edited:

This...

I didn't say that either...

IMO, the majority fall somewhere between "good" and "bad"...

How convenient.

I understand what you are saying from a moral perspective, the same can be said for just about anyone, cop or not.
IMO if you perform the duties of your job somewhere between good and bad, you are bad. Subpar and/or unqualified may be more appropriate terms.

The problem really comes when you have C.ommunity O.riented P.olicing S.ervices (flawed human beings) trying to govern over other flawed human beings especially in such a HUGE city with high stress levels.

Give them a gun and a bit of "power" and things of this nature tend to happen.

Sad part is as a NYC resident, Im not shocked or surprised in the least bit... 

I meant to add... "just like the vast majority of humans"... And then my phone gave me fits...

My point I'm trying to make is that I treat cops like I do everyone else...

I assume I hate them until I get to know them :lol:...

Can't stand cops that speak to people like that :smh:....we can't even defend ourselves verbally...have to sit there and take it like a child getting yelled at by a parent...

Side note-
I always wonder what is going to happen when a civilian "fears for his life" and decides to protect himself against a police officer...

Can't stand cops that speak to people like that :smh:....we can't even defend ourselves verbally...have to sit there and take it like a child getting yelled at by a parent...

Side note-
I always wonder what is going to happen when a civilian "fears for his life" and decides to protect himself against a police officer...

They get lethal injection.

If the driver talked to the cop like that he's getting locked up or worse ...

Respect is only a one way street when it comes to most police officers :smh:

No because we aren't Scientologists who believe in Xenu. :lol:

Xeno means foreigner of any kind. I can see why you read it that way since science fiction has a lot of names that start with X.

Why didn't the white guys stuck up for him!? Tell the cop to shut the hell up and move on with his day?
would've escalated the situation even more.

they did the right thing. let him vent, act like a jackass on camera.

they said they had everything on camera anyways. 

they knew right away this guy was going to get exposed through social media and pay for it afterwards.

These disrespectful cops need to get got

They shouldn't be shot or hurt. But their badges should be revoked, that I do agree. I never agree with reacting with violence, especially when violence is not a necessary punishment. Baring him for all police forces across the country along with other similar jobs such as firefighters and you could hurt him socioeconomically enough. Problem is that when cops do get their badges taken away they usually become firefighters or something along those lines. I remember the Amidalo (spelling) case that happened in the 90s, 2 of the 3 cops became firefighters as soon as they were dismissed from the force. It was a big joke to me.

dude is a straight *******...you already know hes gonna be shielded and protected by the NYPD to the fullest extent
mean.gif
..I think they're saying he is a high ranking detective or something 

No because we aren't Scientologists who believe in Xenu. :lol:

Xeno means foreigner of any kind. I can see why you read it that way since science fiction has a lot of names that start with X.

Aliens in the Aliens series are called xenomorphs.

Predators are xenophobes me thinks.

but sort of playing devils advocate..there are A LOT of ******* drivers in NYC too... a TON

if the cop was trying to park like he said he was, he doesnt deserve to get honked at and harassed for doing so either 

Last edited:
I keep hearing majority of cops are good but how do we know that? When does the minority of bad cops eventually create a culture of power tripping police and become the majority? If all good cops are the majority why do most civilians get nervous around cops? Wouldn't that mean that if majority of cops are good we would have a better feeling towards the police?

Why peeps no turn into cops demselves then and be a good cop? And if cops ain‘t doing dere jobs den who will? That guy is crazy period, regardless of his.profession.

Back
Top Bottom