Y-3 Qasa

Managed to snag the black retro boosts for way under retail, but I'm really liking the blue one a lot more in person. Didn't expect that. Both are still really clean, but something about the blue (not too light but not too dark) and the striping on the trim give it the edge.

Edit: Heads up, last day for Saks Fifth Ave $75 off shoe purchases of $350 or more. I'm pretty sure there's some eBates/Mr. Rebate and I think they still have teh 10% off coupon if you sign up for email (but might takea while to get the code, up to 24 hrs).  Nothing too special on the Y-3 side, of things, but Desert boosts, Boost QR Neoprene, and some sizes of Blue Retro Boosts.

Last edited:
Well the footbed on these is pretty narrow, and I have a fairly wide foot so the fit isn't really that ideal for me tbh. Having said that, the shoes are just silly comfortable. I really like these; didn't want to take them off.

Figured I'd post some of my favorite new pick-ups. I think I'm done with Y-3 for this year (already have Black Qasa Highs and Black Retro Boosts as well), but wouldn't mind the cargo green QR Boosts down the line. Seems like the QR Boosts will go on sale eventually.

Last edited:
Not sure if this goes against the rules, but I received the Qasa high black as gift and they bought them assuming they're true to size. (Sz. 10.5)

The store they were purchased from doesnt have a 9.5 or 10.

Would anyone be interested in possibly swapping?

I just sent my .5 sz down off in the mail and keeping my TTS all black Retro Boost's. They just fit a lil more comfy. I hope that the QR Boost's go on sale, it seems like they already lowering in price since they dropped. Honeslty, even the Retro Boost's can be found for less than retail in a lot of places, jus be careful when ordering from the UK or you may get stuck with loew prices then hit with custom fee's :smh:

The thing I notice about Adidas is that a lot of their shoes run narrow (at least compared to the fit of my Nike's). I think Y-3 is no different, if not even slightly more narrow. All my Y-3's, my feet are hanging off slightly or just barely at the edge (even the QR Boosts that I went half size up).  Doesn't help that they use minimalist/stretchy material that doesn't give as much structure. Maybe if you start wearing Adidas at an early age or for years, your foot will conform like that, but I'd say that some of these shoes are not friendly to the wide-footed or odd-boned.

The thing I notice about Adidas is that a lot of their shoes run narrow (at least compared to the fit of my Nike's). I think Y-3 is no different, if not even slightly more narrow. All my Y-3's, my feet are hanging off slightly or just barely at the edge (even the QR Boosts that I went half size up).  Doesn't help that they use minimalist/stretchy material that doesn't give as much structure. Maybe if you start wearing Adidas at an early age or for years, your foot will conform like that, but I'd say that some of these shoes are not friendly to the wide-footed or odd-boned.

I agree, especially with the Retro boost, they are snug but kinda feel too snug when goign down half a sz IMO. The TTS may be slightly looser but thats better than being uncomfortable. In actually I checked the room in the toe box area and it was basically the same, like cm diff, the bigger sz is different in laces length, and amount of material used but ultimately not too diff. The Qasa Highs on the other hand were larger, i wish they would just keep all the sz uniform from style of shoe lol

I agree as well, a good portion of my foot hangs off the side of the shoe when I step. Y-3 are made with really narrow footed people in mind and I love the brand but I am not one of those people.

A shot in the dark, but anyone know where i can get my hands on a reasonably priced Black/Cream Retro Boost in a US 7.5? I will be forever indebted to you. :smile:

I agree as well, a good portion of my foot hangs off the side of the shoe when I step. Y-3 are made with really narrow footed people in mind and I love the brand but I am not one of those people.
I think this also can be attributed to the lack of instep support some of their sneakers have in general. Meant more for fashion than utility. 

I think this also can be attributed to the lack of instep support some of their sneakers have in general. Meant more for fashion than utility. 
I agree, more for looks verse support. I'm guessing the adidas ultra boost is more supportive because it's made for running. Gonna grab me. Pair of those soon

I agree, more for looks verse support. I'm guessing the adidas ultra boost is more supportive because it's made for running. Gonna grab me. Pair of those soon
Ultraboosts are definitely more supportive. The prime knit is overall just tighter and the cage does a good enough job locking the foot in place (same with the heel counter). Wish they could incorporate some more of this "tech" into the Y-3 brand since they're charging double the price, but production cost of the shoe is probably not much higher (although I'm sure the production run is smaller, which adds to the cost).

Last edited:
^Im guessing they run TTS? And yeah id say Y-3 are slightly less in production but the color im looking for in the Ultra Boost is harder to find then any Y-3 ive seen

Ultras are TTS but I know some peeps like to go half up...  the upper is an elastic material that hugs your foot, i personally don't mind that but for those that did (esp for wide footers), going 1/2 up helped-

I been trying to find a pair of black/white qasa high and learned another is being released for the S/S16 collection.

For those who copped qasa highs, should I just cop them for retail when they come out? or wait for some sort of sale?

let me know, this will be my first pair of y-3s

I been trying to find a pair of black/white qasa high and learned another is being released for the S/S16 collection.

For those who copped qasa highs, should I just cop them for retail when they come out? or wait for some sort of sale?

let me know, this will be my first pair of y-3s
Wait for a sale. Just curiuous how do you know they will come out next year? I definitely want to pick up a pair.

Back
Top Bottom