Yo NT, why isn't there a National Grocery Store Chain here in the US?

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Originally Posted by JRAdagreat72

Kroger as well.

Ralph's, Food 4 Less, etc.
Those are SoCal only

Kroger/Safeway/SuperValu have the grocery game on lock i guess. Why not name the stores "Kroger/Safeway/SuperValu "??

Just to add to that, Vons and Pavilions are also under that same umbrella.

Kroger as well.

Those are SoCal only

Kroger/Safeway/SuperValu have the grocery game on lock i guess. Why not name the stores "Kroger/Safeway/SuperValu "??

There are, but grocery stores operate on low profit margins compared to other types of stores, like department stores selling us 7 dollar Nikes for 130.

There are, but grocery stores operate on low profit margins compared to other types of stores, like department stores selling us 7 dollar Nikes for 130.

Kroger is pretty much a national chain since they own their namesake Kroger along with Ralph's, Food 4 Less and many more.

Von's is owned by Safeway.

Kroger is pretty much a national chain since they own their namesake Kroger along with Ralph's, Food 4 Less and many more.

Von's is owned by Safeway.

nerd.gif

Cardenas + Superior should be the first.
laugh.gif

L.A hispanics know the deal
pimp.gif

Cardenas is 909 exclusive

When i lived in Fullerton it was all about Norgate or Northgate, i forgot. Now that im in Valencia its Vallarta. I always heard in the Valley it was Superior.

laugh.gif
every Cali hood has their own Mexi grocery

When i lived in Fullerton it was all about Norgate or Northgate, i forgot. Now that im in Valencia its Vallarta. I always heard in the Valley it was Superior.

laugh.gif
every Cali hood has their own Mexi grocery

Originally Posted by knnyngo

Safeway, QFC, and Albertsons are not national?
QFC is owned by Kroger, but (in a very smart business decision) let them keep the name after the acquisition. That's why you see Kroger brand items on the shelves.

Originally Posted by ewrek21

el rancho and fiesta here in dallas. all my mex people kno the deal

A huevo
pimp.gif

Got more Fiestas now since they bought Carnival like 3 years ago, Fiesta = The GOAT.

El Racho also a great place.

I use to see nothing but Mexicans in Fiesta, El Rancho, and La Michoacana like 7 years ago now days you see all races in those places, They know what up. I also know the Michoacana owners so we have some hook ups.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RocSole

Kroger as well.

Those are SoCal only

I live in norcal and we have a bunch of those...

Yep. Here in the Bay Area we have - Safeway, Save Mart, Food 4 Less, Whole Foods, Trader Joes, Ralph's, Lucky, Lunardis & my favorite grocery store - Andronicos.

trader joes is wack.  i wonder why they are everywhere.
laugh.gif

oh yea, i forgot aldi.  they even have that in europe.  never actually been in one though.

We have two main suppliers here in New Zealand and they both have their own supermarkets/grocers/whatever America calls them, around the nation.

Back
Top Bottom