You have $15,000 to start a business...

What you doin? No bricks.

Also, a little context, it could be part time or all in and the city would be Atlanta or it could be online for max opportunity.

Vending machines outside of weed dispenseries that sell snacks n wraps

Nope, not saying anything.

Then I end up seeing my idea blow up into something good and I get nothing out of it.

Trap thread

I would invest half of it in low risk mutual funds and then take the other half over to my friend Asadulah who works in securities...

This is more of a SF thing but believe it or not, boba tea is popping hard out here for whatever reason. Sort of reminds me of the yogurt craze years back. And it's not like we never not had this stuff out here but new places are popping up and it's got white people and asians gassing hard over this stuff.

This is the company that seems to be doing really well out here. They literally are making this crap and charging way more than your overage spot. I wouldn't say investing your money in this is the smartest thing but if you do it right, you can hop on this bandwagon, make your money and cut out once it starts to decline.

They even got streetwear merch too. Haha!

original.jpeg

It may be more difficult now because of more competition but look up "amazon private labeling" if you're good with SEO and figure out amazon's A9 you can make millions. srs

It may be more difficult now because of more competition but look up "amazon private labeling" if you're good with SEO and figure out amazon's A9 you can make millions. srs
You can still do it. Just don't fall for any of the "gurus" courses. You're probably not going to make a million net in the first year.

If you're not revising or making your own product it's no point. Private labeling can just be changing the colors and slapping your own label on it. But that does nothing because the next man can undersell you and you're on the race to the bottom. Never compete on lowest price. It's a lose lose.

If you choose to go this route, use Amazon as a channel and not the only platform. I know folks who used to do 6 figure a month on Amazon and if they get shut down, they're out of luck. Not to mention that they're Amazon's customers and not yours. You don't get their information to build future funnels or anything.

Hardest tasks for me when I did this were finding trust worthy suppliers, a lot of these Chinese manufacturers know folks want the get rich quick scheme so you have to weed out the bad ones and go with your guts. Also ask for samples and hire 3rd party to do QA testing before it leaves the country. I got burned with this before. Contact a professional to help with the best way to transport. The duty can be $$$.

I would stay away from a physical store. That $15k is going to be sucked up fast between rent and other overhead not to mention other nuances like obtaining licenses.

Stay away from trends. People opened yogurt shops when Pinkberry became popular and most around the area closed. Same with boba shops. That was popping around 2003-2008/9 around here.

My advice is to never jump into something because of peer pressure. Money is out there in abundance. School yourself first. Get some mentors.

https://www.score.org is a great source to finding local mentors that doesn't cost anything. You can browse them and see what they're experts in. Make an appointment and absorb their knowledge. These older dudes are willing to drop gems on you if you're humble and not entitled like what millenials are perceived to be.

Last edited:
I have a friend from college who started a wedding/marriage service when she was like 22. She got whatever certification she needed and started doing non-religious type weddings. And she was making a ton. You'd be surprised at how many people wanna get married in a park or in their house and not in a church because they aren't religious. She had a lot of gay couples. my mom even did a couple. They were janky and stuff but people are happy to have low budget weddings places. She was also getting more requests than she could handle

Anyway I wanna say that friend was making $500 a pop for a ceremony. Now I also have a family member who does photography. I bring him in and offer package deals for cheap weddings and pictures. I then get 2-3 more people to be ordained use most of the money for advertisements.

Last edited:
Put down on a 18 wheeler and lease on as a owner operator . Easily bringing in 3500-7000 a week .

Yall underestimate the power of donuts.

When I was in Portland blue star sold out in 1 hour 4 times a day.

"Make donuts, the people will come"

-Confucius

Back
Top Bottom