You have $15 assemble a starting 5 (All-time Greats Edition)

Nash
Mullin
Lebron
Boozer
Mourning

Maybe add Mahmoud Abdul Rauf, Drazen Petrovic, Cliff Robinson, Grant Hill...

Last edited:

Russell Westbrook
Reggie Miller
Scottie Pippen
Kevin Garnett
Ben Wallace

sick.gif

That defense...
I am obviously biased because I made this team, but I  have yet to see a team assembled that I feel could beat mine consistently.  I think this D would lock up pretty much any team someone has written, and also have more than enough offense to take care of business.

I am obviously biased because I made this team, but I  have yet to see a team assembled that I feel could beat mine consistently.  I think this D would lock up pretty much any team someone has written, and also have more than enough offense to take care of business.

my team would, no troll

D. Will

Mitch Richmond

Pippen

Horace Grant

Alonzo Mourning

Shaq
Blair
Pierce
T-Mac
Bibby

To the NT'er with that all Defense team. Shaq alone will put KG and Big Ben in foul trouble. Pippen will "limit" one of my wings but in doing so wears him out on the offensive side. I'm just worried about Westbrook giving that light work to Bibby in transition lol

good thread OP

i enjoyed just reading peoples teams and game plans :smokin

if you have MJ, Kobe, Lebron or Wade there's really no point in spending a lot of money on a offensive pg 

Team ALL FAIL. Players That didn't live up to the HYPE:

PG: Mateen Cleaves
SG:Harold Miner
SF:Mike Beasly
PF:Kwame Brown
C: Michael Olawkandi

Last edited:
Jason Kidd - $3

Reggie Miller - $3

Grant Hill - $3

Paul Milsap - $1

Hakeem Olajuwon - $5

GP ($4) - Elite defense, fearless leader, underrated scorer, good playmaker
Ray Allen ($3) - Elite shooting, underrated playmaking ability, money from the free throw line
Grant Hill ($3) - A bit of everything including defense (prime grant was a monster)
Dejuan Blair ($-1) - sets screens for ray allen to open him up for three
Shaq ($6) - 30 ppg 12-13 rebounds. most dominant player ever in his prime.

Great balance of defense and scoring, hill and shaq can board while GP and Hill can make plays. Ray Allen in there for elite shooting and blair for screening.

or

GP ($4) - see above
MJ ($6) - best player of all time, crunch time scoring, elite defender as well
Pippen ($4) - elite defense, boards, and scoring
Blair ($-1) - not sure he's just in there because he's $-1
Ben Wallace ($2) - elite defense and rebounding

Good luck trying to score.

Last edited:
Anyone have the time/knowledge/patience/wherewithal to come up with prices for, say, all current rotation players in the league? Or maybe we could make it a collaborative effort?

I feel like putting together full, present-day 12-man teams would be a ton of fun for all of the basketball fans on here.

Remember when we did league wide NBA re-draft a few years back?

Need a formula to do league wide values. Like PER for career, last two years, age, where drafted (for young guys with low service time) etc.

Anyone have the time/knowledge/patience/wherewithal to come up with prices for, say, all current rotation players in the league? Or maybe we could make it a collaborative effort?

I feel like putting together full, present-day 12-man teams would be a ton of fun for all of the basketball fans on here.
would this be for 2014 players? so 2014 KG, kobe, ect..?

well if someone can get it started it should be easier to adjust the numbers from year to year then

CHAMPIONS... ONLY

1- Magic: $5

2- Jesus: $3

3- Pip: $4

4- Sheed: $2

5- Perkins: $1

Balance. Everyone isn't responsible for everything. It's not an 'All _____' team, like 'All Defense', or 'Team 3-Ball', or 'Team Dime'.

Roles are defined.

On offense, Magic is the primary ballhandler, Jesus and Sheed take care of perimeter shooting, Perk will finish off some plays designed for the post, and Pip is a Swiss army knife.

On defense, Perk and Sheed will be the last lines, Magic roams and helps, Pip and Jesus on the perimeter.

Obviously we don't have a dominant 4/5 (Shaq, Hakeem, DRob, Ewing, etc), but if Luc Longley and Bill Cartwright are good enough to help be part of a dynasty, I think that a balanced team can get it done w/o a dominant big guy. (at least that's what I'm going w/, because I definitely wanted my big money guy to be Magic, no question).

Last edited:

I would be down for something like this.

not sure how effective it would be but if we could break players down into 4 tiers

top 20 players = 1.0

21-60 = .75

61-150 = .50

151-400 = .25

then just take their ranks on 2k and multiply by their tier value

so chris paul is a 93 in game, 93x1.0 = 93

ty lawson is a tier 2 player with a 75 ranking, 75+.75 = 56.25

kendal marshal is a tier 4 player with a 65 ranking, 65x.25 = 16.26

we add up all these numbers for each nba team and find the average and thats our cap

might need a little adjusting here and there but it could work 
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom