You just woke up from fainting after hitting the $400M lottery. What do you do now?

400 MILLION? first things first. car dealerships.

Maserati GranTurismo Sport - 130,000
Lamborghini Aventador Roadster -  600,000
Audi r8 spyder - 130,000
Audi a7 (daily driver) - 80,000
BMW i8 Spyder - 135,000

Need a new crib to put em in. Either have my dream modern house built or find one in atlanta somewhere.
New house: 3 million

Parents need that go enjoy life money: 5 million x2

Gotta go take a trip with the wifey tho right?
Bora Bora St. Regis Hotel for a week: 9000
Food: 2000
Excursions: 3000

Come back stateside and gotta take a trip with my n***as since i made it right?
Vegas: estimate 2 million spent in a week

Sallie Mae Loans: 30,000

Go back home to south florida and stunt on the female who broke my heart: priceless

While home i gotta help my city. Invest 10 million to build a HUGE top of the line rec/youth/creative arts center and get these kids off the street to do something positive and productive with their lives

Another 3 million invested into a new homeless shelter

Another 10 million donated evenly to the elementary and middle schools in south florida

Another 10 million donated to the high schools in south florida

All in all after a busy first month of being a foolishly rich dude, Id have spent $49,119,000 and lets just estimate random purchases and costs to bring me to an even $49,500,000

That leaves me with $350,500,000 left to spend. At this rate i have everything i want and have nothing left to do but go help people. Donate like 20 million to my family members to share amongst themselves. Then start traveling the nation donating and helping out. First spot Id have to go help out is chicago.

THIS... is why so many people go broke after winning the lottery. THIS RIGHT HERE.
Unrealistic expectations about how much money you are actually getting.
He said in all he would spend about 50M and still have 350 to play with in the end.

The problem with that is, from the way he broke down spending he obviously took the cash option.
If that is true, then the real total money he received is 122M NOT 400M.

You ONLY get the advertised jackpot amount(400M) if you take the annuity, because you get more for inflation.

So 122M minus the 50M he spent is 72M.
Which is still alot of money but it is no where near the 350M he thought he would still have to play with.

And that is important because alot of times lottery winners will spend a bunch of money BEFORE they actually get it.
Once you win the lottery mortgage companies, car dealerships and banks have no problem financing ANYTHING you want.
You could go into a bank that next day and borrow 1M and It'll be in your account by the next business week, or even sooner.

Then people go on these lavish spending sprees thinking they have more money than they actually do and get themselves in trouble.

Last edited:
THIS... is why so many people go broke after winning the lottery. THIS RIGHT HERE.
He said in all he would spend about 50M and still have 350 to play with in the end.

The problem with that is, from the way he broke down spending he obviously took the cash option.

You ONLY get the advertised jackpot amount(400M) if you take the annuity, because you get more for inflation.

Which is still alot of money but it is no where near the 350M he thought he would still have to play with.

And that is important because alot of times lottery winners will spend a bunch of money BEFORE they actually get it.
Once you win the lottery mortgage companies, car dealerships and banks have no problem financing ANYTHING you want.
You could go into a bank that next day and borrow 1M and It'll be in your account by the next business week, or even sooner.

Then people go on these lavish spending sprees thinking they have more money than they actually do and get themselves in trouble.
lord if we're going to get that technical, the annuity pays out over 30 years right? If you won 400 million, not even counting for future value of money, each payment would have to be 13 million a year. So instead of doing everything at once just break it up into time. Also where did u get 122 million from? Cash option is usually hovering around 60% of the original value before taxes which is actually 240 million. Regardless, if you have 72 million AFTER everything you wanted to spend your money on, you made it out fine. if that was the case Id start reinvesting money instead of letting it sit. buy into a couple franchises to let my money work for me

act like nothing ever happened pay off my parents debts and etc my debt etc. then cop a 97 supra and a decent house and continue to work

I put a bit of thought into this list:

- travel, travel, travel. travel to all the ends of the world.

- a nice big secluded beach front spot in Oahu
- a top floor penthouse suite in San Francisco that overlooks the city
- a top floor penthouse suite in NYC that overlooks Central Park & the city
- a decent sized house in Palo Alto, CA
- a place for my parents to retire

- DMC Delorean from Back to the Future 2 flux capacitor and all (daily driver)
- 1965 Aston Martin DB9 (OG James Bond whip)
- 1961 Ferrari GT250 (Ferris Bueller whip)
- Jeep from Jurassic Park
- Porsche Carrera GT (RIP Paul Walker)
- Porsche 911 Turbo
- 1972 Lamborghini Miura
- 80's Lamoborghini Countach
- Lamborghini Aventador
- 1967 Corvette Stingray
- 90's Land Rover Discovery II
- BMW E30 M3
- BMW E39 M5
- Mercedes Benz CLS 63 AMG
- Audi RS5

- pay my way through an elite business school
- pay my way through an elite culinary school
- start my own restaurant (nothing fancy; it would have $$ on Yelp)
- start my own clothing boutique
- i would do what Ronnie Fieg does. Collab with shoe companies and make my own colorways for existing shoe models, then sell to the public.​
- the store would be a Tier 0 Nike account​
- the store would carry a variety of clothing/shoe/accessory brands (ex. Supreme, RRL, APC, Dita, Iron Heart, Common Projects, Schott, Flat Head, Bape, Alden, Tanner Goods, Filson, Gant, Barbour, Filson, Reigning Champ, Comme Des Garcons ... etc)​
- adopt a Rottweiler and a Shiba Inu
- courtside season tickets to GS Warriors games

- spread the wealth to the family
- pay my little sister's and cousins' way through college​
- i got a bunch of aunts and uncles, so it goes like this: if i've seen you at recent family gatherings, you're good for a fair cut, if i ain't seen you in years, "bye Felicia".​

- random charity:
- tell everyone waiting in line at InNOut that their meal is on me​
- make it rain at the strip club on a Tuesday afternoon​
- paypal $1000 to all the NTers that read and rep this post lol. Word is bond.​
- go to Starbucks in the morning and pay for everyone that buys coffee within the first hour of opening​
- give away Warriors courtside tickets to anyone buying from my store or eating at my restaurant​
- go to ToysRus stores and buy random kids one item of their choice​
- go to grocery markets and pay for random people's groceries​

- i'm pretty sure this all goes over my winnings but if i have any money leftover i'll travel some more.

Last edited:
All the usual family/close friend stuff and debt.

The only thing I would really want to buy/build would be an indoor basketball court and gym attached to it with showers and all that stuff. The life. :smokin

lord if we're going to get that technical, the annuity pays out over 30 years right? If you won 400 million, not even counting for future value of money, each payment would have to be 13 million a year. So instead of doing everything at once just break it up into time. Also where did u get 122 million from? Cash option is usually hovering around 60% of the original value before taxes which is actually 240 million. Regardless, if you have 72 million AFTER everything you wanted to spend your money on, you made it out fine. if that was the case Id start reinvesting money instead of letting it sit. buy into a couple franchises to let my money work for me
The cash option is a little over half of the advertised totat(about 55%) 55% of 400M is 220M.
Lottery jackpots are taxed at the highest tax rats which was raised this year to 39.6%. 400M(39.6%)=87.12M
220M-87.12=132.88M. (I was doing the math in my head earlier) And that is BEFORE state taxes.

But you're right 72M is still alot of money. I said that.
And the money doesnt just sit in an annuity. It builds interest each year, which is how you are paid.

Buy every single jordan shoe in the world,send them to jordans house and **** in his mouth. Give mike tyson head. Get janet jackson to give me her used undies every day to fap over the smell. Buy a nice car. Buy Sigourney weaver a nice dinner

:x:smh:

[/quote]
400 MILLION? first things first. car dealerships.

Maserati GranTurismo Sport - 130,000
Lamborghini Aventador Roadster -  600,000
Audi r8 spyder - 130,000
Audi a7 (daily driver) - 80,000
BMW i8 Spyder - 135,000

Need a new crib to put em in. Either have my dream modern house built or find one in atlanta somewhere.
New house: 3 million

Parents need that go enjoy life money: 5 million x2

Gotta go take a trip with the wifey tho right?
Bora Bora St. Regis Hotel for a week: 9000
Food: 2000
Excursions: 3000

Come back stateside and gotta take a trip with my n***as since i made it right?
Vegas: estimate 2 million spent in a week

Sallie Mae Loans: 30,000

Go back home to south florida and stunt on the female who broke my heart: priceless

While home i gotta help my city. Invest 10 million to build a HUGE top of the line rec/youth/creative arts center and get these kids off the street to do something positive and productive with their lives

Another 3 million invested into a new homeless shelter

Another 10 million donated evenly to the elementary and middle schools in south florida

Another 10 million donated to the high schools in south florida

All in all after a busy first month of being a foolishly rich dude, Id have spent $49,119,000 and lets just estimate random purchases and costs to bring me to an even $49,500,000

That leaves me with $350,500,000 left to spend. At this rate i have everything i want and have nothing left to do but go help people. Donate like 20 million to my family members to share amongst themselves. Then start traveling the nation donating and helping out. First spot Id have to go help out is chicago.

Stop getting too technical bruh he could do this on 100mil...

Last edited:
Buy every single jordan shoe in the world,send them to jordans house and **** in his mouth. Give mike tyson head. Get janet jackson to give me her used undies every day to fap over the smell. Buy a nice car. Buy Sigourney weaver a nice dinner

da f*** wrong wit u?????!!???

Sigourney weaver????????

Pay someone $5 million to cash the check for me...pay the best lawyer a mill just to make sure that contract straight

1. Pay someone a sum to pretend to be the lottery winner

2. Buy my folks a 5-10 mil beachside crib in our city, tell them they have the option of cashing out any amount of my money at a moment's notice

3. Buy nice apartments in LA and NYC. Nothing too fancy, maybe in the 1-2 million range. Considering my net worth now, this wouldn't be too out of the ordinary; I'll just say I got a big bonus at work

4. Stay with no car in NYC, maybe get a Porsche/BMW for LA

5. Allocate about half of my money to Seth Klarman/David Tepper/David Einhorn/no-name managers on the come up, Sequoia/Kleiner Perkins, Apollo/Blackstone/KKR, etc.

6. Allocate the remaining money in equities/bonds/real estate/angel investments of my choosing

7. Continue working at my job, except now use up all my vacation days per year to travel to different places around the world (the funds for which will be withdrawn from my PA)

8. Eventually after I think I'm ready, open up my own fund (no GSC)

9. Eventually give away 99%+ of my wealth because I know how destructive spoiling future generations into thinking they don't have to work for anything is

Last edited:
Y'all know that only six states (SC, Ohio, Delaware, Kansas, Maryland, ND) allow you to stay anonymous, right? If you're a resident at any of the others, you have to do the whole press conference/interview thing.

i am crying :rofl:

Definitely Buy my parents/sisters whatever they want and make sure they don't ever have to work again if they so choose.

Finish law school, and open a practice in the city employing my friends/classmates who can't find jobs; give them a guaranteed salary of $70,000 with bonuses based on performance. 

Start a scholarship fund for minorites/low income kids that want to go to law school, med school, or any other professional school, and open up a free basketball complex for all the kids/teens in the city.

Build my dream loft, and spend whatever it costs to furnish and decorate it the way I want.

Build modern, furnished lofts in downtown and rent them/ sell them. 

Buy a two porsche 911's, one for me and one for my dad. 

Get my girl whatever she wants; anything she could imagine would be hers.

Build a home in Haiti and spend a lot of my time/money helping people there.

That's all I can think of; that's all I would need/want!

I don't believe the ppl that say they would still work. Must be photographers for the SI swimsuit issue.

I don't believe the ppl that say they would still work. Must be photographers for the SI swimsuit issue.
I guess every single one of the thousands of people in the world worth over 200 million just lounge on the couch and watch TV all day...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom