young thug... Barter 6 out.

stoner and Nikki jumping on Danny glover shoulda helped him. throw some more, ain't about the money and lifestyle should've helped him. Everyone knows who he is. No one is interested in a project from him, it's really that simple

Heard that same thing with future years ago tho...

Future legit had HITS his first two years once he was released to the mainstream (2011-2013)

"Magic"
(featuring T.I.) - Certified Gold

"Turn On The Lights" - Certified Platinum

"Racks"
(YC featuring Future) - Certified Gold

"Love Me"
(Lil Wayne featuring Drake and Future) - Certified 2X Platinum

"Bugatti"
(Ace Hood featuring Rick Ross and Future) - Certified Platinum

"Tapout"
(Rich Gang featuring Birdman, Future, Mack Maine, Lil Wayne and Nicki Minaj) - Certified Gold

"U.O.E.N.O."
(Rocko featuring Future and Rick Ross) - Certified Gold

This is all Prior to him being at his height which is right now... Future was making hits off Jump

he raps better

makes better music

his interviews are hotter (holla)

and his gimmicks are more effective

and he doesn't wear dresses
I'm so happy for dude. I think he is one of the more talented new dudes. People were letting his gimmicks distract them from his talent.

Heard that same thing with future years ago tho...

But Future still started from the ground up and grew organically, instead of just popping up like the black Post Malone. It also helps that Future didn't hijack any styles and try to mask it as being "influenced" by somebody. People see right through that ****.

_'s really in here tryna compare the sales of a legit album in stores that Gates been continuously promoting for 6+ months to a project that changed from SS3 (a mixtape) to I'm Up (a faux "album") a few days before the release?
roll.gif
mean.gif

Judging by the press kit that got sent to all the blogs/media outlets, they didn't even know that **** was an "album" 
laugh.gif
 Most of them referred to it as a mixtape and gave the Datpiff link to download, which is were I downloaded it from. Somewhere down the line I guess they figured they could cash out on _'s so they cut the download link and tried to force peoples hand

Thug's "brand" is just ran super sloppy in general and this latest release was a big *** example of that especially compared to Gates whose **** is A1 and ran very well

Last edited:
Shhh...Let the new ****** talk themselves into a corner. We'll be here with the "told you so's"

Thugga fans told me this about a year and change ago.... around the same time they told me future was washed up and thugga took his lane :smh:

since then dudes buzz has regressed extremely all the numbers show it, I'm in NYC i hear a lot of trap rap being bumbed Thugga ain't it.. except for the same cats who were loving the Keef/ drill movement (we see how that turned out career wise for them).

This ***** ain't a fraction as hot as ya'll think he is & that's factual... love the music all you want but be able to separate your bias when your talking buzz & status because things are clearly not the way ya'll think

Fetty Wap (who may be worse than Young Thug) snatched his shine and billboard spot away, and through those multiple top 10 singles managed to have people actually give him a good first week and buy his album. Young Thug should've blew after Lifestyle and didn't take advantage. Too bad.

Last edited:
_'s really in here tryna compare the sales of a legit album in stores that Gates been continuously promoting for 6+ months to a project that changed from SS3 (a mixtape) to I'm Up (a faux "album") a few days before the release? :rofl:

Judging by the press kit that got sent to all the blogs/media outlets, they didn't even know that **** was an "album" :lol:  Most of them referred to it as a mixtape and gave the Datpiff link to download, which is were I downloaded it from. Somewhere down the line I guess they figured they could cash out on _'s so they cut the download link and tried to force peoples hand

Thug's "brand" is just ran super sloppy in general and this latest release was a big *** example of that especially compared to Gates whose **** is A1 and ran very well

Breh i'm NOT trying to hear any of that.. this ***** is signed to a Major, already had a stint where he was being pushed by Cash Money, Records with Nicki, Tip, Wayne, gettin praise from Kanye & had drawn NO interest on the larger scale of things.

I'm a gates fan and didn't know the album dropped until a week prior to it releasing, The ONLY song i've ever heard of gates on the radio is IDGT.

Thug has Lyor Cohen literally traveling with him, the same Lyor Cohen who is behind Fetty (Who has 3-4 #1 hits).

They also promoted the hell out the Barter 6 then tried to pull that ******** it's a "mixtape" excuse then & gates a dude with less pub then Thugga has literally sold what BOTH OF HIS ALBUMS SOLD IN HIS FIRST WEEK.

Last edited:
Coulda swore the Carter 6 was tied up in legal trouble and had to be promoted as a mixtape as well as have it's name changed to the barter 6 about a week before the tape came out, but ok.

Coulda swore the Carter 6 was tied up in legal trouble and had to be promoted as a mixtape as well as have it's name changed to the barter 6 about a week before the tape came out, but ok.

I'll give you credit for the fact that you never run out of excuses

Gates album ain't have a lot of promo. :lol: In the Gatse thread dudes was saying he was losing buzz and the album got pushed back like 2 months and he still sold more than Thug who is "supposed" to be on Futures heels.

Thug had a nice momentum until Lyor started babysitting him. He blocked the Migos Thuggin tape (mistake) probably cuz he doesn't want Thug to keep dropping free material but what Lyor doesn't get is that's how all these trap dudes build brands. Putting out free music, feeding their fans. In 2016 I don't see why any rap artist would need Lyor. It ain't 1998.

If u didn't know gates album was dropping u must've been chilling under a rock. Once again tho, I'm happy for gates and hope this makes people go back and listen to lb1 and 2. Pouring the syrup is so good.

Gates album ain't have a lot of promo. :lol: In the Gatse thread dudes was saying he was losing buzz and the album got pushed back like 2 months and he still sold more than Thug who is "supposed" to be on Futures heels.

Thug had a nice momentum until Lyor started babysitting him. He blocked the Migos Thuggin tape (mistake) probably cuz he doesn't want Thug to keep dropping free material but what Lyor doesn't get is that's how all these trap dudes build brands. Putting out free music, feeding their fans. In 2016 I don't see why any rap artist would need Lyor. It ain't 1998.
Migosthuggin was supposed to be it. Lyor made a huge mistake. Thug will never blossom while under dude. Gucci handled thugs career better than Lyor.

LA REID said he didn't really like future dropping all that free music either but he said he's with it and it ended up working out

Hell that boy Kid Ink did better than YT & I don't know anybody in the world that supports that nigrah. 
Migosthuggin was supposed to be it. Lyor made a huge mistake. Thug will never blossom while under dude. Gucci handled thugs career better than Lyor.
I STILL WANT THIS PROJECT DAMMIT! Somebody set up a conference call with Lyor. He on that bull right now.

Kidink is Flo ridas little brother musically. They have the same fan base man :rofl:
Lyor dropped the ball blocking migosthuggin tho, had potential to be magical.

But I swear nt only use the record sales argument to prove points. When we discussing Drake vs___ dudes love to talk about how record sales don't matter in 16 etc etc.

But I swear nt only use the record sales argument to prove points. When we discussing Drake vs___ dudes love to talk about how record sales don't matter in 16 etc etc.

Record sales don't matter when you talk about the quality but it is interesting when one rapper outsells another who supposed to have a bigger buzz.

Yung thug has a good song or a catchy verse here or there other than that he's trash :lol:

Then why do you have perfect attendance in this thread. Dudes is ridiculous in here

Word is Thug performing wit Yeezy on SNL this Saturday.
Thugger on TLOP :nerd:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom