young thug... Barter 6 out.

Jason Collins never even got talked about until he came out. He was never a good player. Once he did he got a bunch of publicity and a 10 day contract for show.

Hip Hop is not homophobic right now (that was always overblown anyway). This ain't the 90's or early 00's. Its a lot dudes wearing woman's jeans, jeans showing their legs, skirts. The game is filled with feminine dudes.

He came out AFTER his season with the wizards had finished. Where he was acquired as a throw in and not expected to he retained anyway. He was 35 on the tail end of his career. So your claim of him not getting an invite because of his coming out is flawed. The market for a 35 year old journeyman to be your 12th man isnt exactly hot...gay or not.

With all of the talent available, do you really think jason collins was the best player available for the nets to give a 10 day to? Or was their owner trying to make a splash by signing him? Which is exactly what happened.

If you seriously think that he "couldn't get a job" because he came out youre delusional.

Stop. Because the same thing happened to Michael Sam too and he was the SEC defensive player of the year fresh out of college. A player of his magnitude should not have been left to the wayside to get hearsay practices with the Dallas Cowboys. It was because men's sports at its core is machismo. Locker rooms will become split apart with an openly gay athlete being amongst them. Which is the same reason why more notable athletes like Aaron Rodgers have yet to come out.

Like sports, hip hop is defined in its machismo acts. No doubt there are homosexuals behind the scenes but that's not who hip hop music is catered too. Let's stop acting like 2016 is all about embracing. We're still trying to get over racial divide in our arts (I.E. The Oscars) homosexuality in hip hop is something that won't be embraced any time soon. Thug isn't gay but I know many people who don't even want to give his music a chance because they've heard "gay" things about him.

Last edited:
You outta your rabbit *** mind if you think that there aren't notable athletes that are homosexual in professional that aren't roster fodder. It's an open secret in the NBA about a player that could be considered a top 10 player...that everyone in the league knows is gay.

And let's forget speculation...it's a known fact that there are many professional athletes that are gay and their teammates know it. We've seen countless athletes say the same. SHAQ even mentioned walking in on a teammate banging some guy out before.

How does being "openly gay" change an athlete's standing?

If Lebron James came out right now...you think he'd get blackballed?

Yeah right.

If Michael Sam could hack it...he would have. Him being the SEC player of the year doesn't mean ****. He wouldn't be the first (insert conference) player of the year that didn't make a roster.

You still have yet to point out one tangible unrefined piece of evidence that suggest being gay worked against either player

Again, stop. You're contradicting yourself now. Yes of course there are gay athletes in professional sports and yes some of them may be legends that we had no idea were gay but why haven't they come out?.............................

Exactly.

If an athlete being an "openly gay" athlete didn't change someone's standing then Jason Collins wouldn't have made Time Magazines top 100 influential list or gotten a book deal. What is so interesting about someone's sexual preference? There's gay people everywhere. It wouldn't be a big deal if it was OPENLY ACCEPTED but it's not.

im with @VICTOR PAGE 44 on this. If you can't see hip hop or society's gay agenda that's being pushed right now I can't help you.

There's no doubt about the gay agenda but the world doesn't change over night. The whole conversation stemmed from some believing that Thug and his suspect antics hurt his image and record sales where as others think that him doing homosexual antics should increase his notoriety because popular culture is accepting of gays.

Popular culture isn't even all the way comfortable with black people. To think that homosexuality isn't frowned upon and wouldn't give people preconceived notions of promoting homosexuality is naive.

Like I've stated, Thug is that *****. I could care less what he does. The first time I met him his nails were painted, I thought it was odd but nevertheless I'm still a big fan. Not everybody can separate the image from the music. Some people will carry that against him and won't allow themselves to like it.

Last edited:
There was an openly gay rapper named Le1f or something like that who was sorta ite and had a buzz that didn't last long. If there was a gay agenda pushed in hip-hop dude definitely be on.

Society w/o question pushes but that's becuz gays are a rowdy bunch who attach easily

Another thread should be made for this discussion

A lot going on in this thread. We really should make a thread for the gay agenda in hip hop or whatever.

Tired of coming in here and the majority of the talk is about dudes sexuality.

If he's gay he's gay. Let the boy cook.

Man I might not even buy Ye's album. To me it's like voting, you ain't really making a difference.
Might as well not buy anbody's album in that case...
A lot going on in this thread. We really should make a thread for the gay agenda in hip hop or whatever.

Tired of coming in here and the majority of the talk is about dudes sexuality.

If he's gay he's gay. Let the boy cook.
ohwell.gif

Thug isn't selling records because he's not "Cool" or "interesting" enough for people to invest in him as an artist. Now, if RIAA is really tracking streams. i think Migos and Thug could really have impressive numbers.

Might be demographics

Outside of NT I don't know nobody grown that rocks with thug like that. My lil cousins & they friends be jamming the hell outta him & Kodak tho [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:
Jason Collins never even got talked about until he came out. He was never a good player. Once he did he got a bunch of publicity and a 10 day contract for show.

Hip Hop is not homophobic right now (that was always overblown anyway). This ain't the 90's or early 00's. Its a lot dudes wearing woman's jeans, jeans showing their legs, skirts. The game is filled with feminine dudes.

Yea Collins was extra washed. Him coming out basically gave him new life, and the Nets signed him pretty much to build publicity from when Jay-Z was still dealing with them.

Thug flopped because he let Lyor manipulate him to beef with Future.

And instead of doubling down and just releasing SS3 against EVOL.

He let Future steal the spotlight and the outsiders at 300 who don't understand the culture probably convinced him to drop an album full of throwaways instead of just dropping the original SS3 that was probably at least good if not very good.

People got on Spinrilla, streamed and saw that it was mostly trash and Steve Nash'd this joint.

Thug's antics are what keep his name trending.

But there's definitely an agenda that's worked because now I don't even bat an eye or view it out of the ordinary when one of these rappers say/do/wear some borderline gay ****. I just stay in my lane and let these weirdos do them and bump the hot music.

Thug flopped because he let Lyor manipulate him to beef with Future.

And instead of doubling down and just releasing SS3 against EVOL.

He let Future steal the spotlight and the outsiders at 300 who don't understand the culture probably convinced him to drop an album full of throwaways instead of just dropping the original SS3 that was probably at least good if not very good.

People got on Spinrilla, streamed and saw that it was mostly trash and Steve Nash'd this joint.

Thug's antics are what keep his name trending.

But there's definitely an agenda that's worked because now I don't even bat an eye or view it out of the ordinary when one of these rappers say/do/wear some borderline gay ****. I just stay in my lane and let these weirdos do them and bump the hot music.

All types of wrong in this post, and you buy an album to support an artist.

The reason why Thug isn't doing numbers is because most hip hop supporters think he's garbage. It's not because he went at Future, it's not because he does a lot of homosexual things, it's not because he released on the same day as EVOL.... It's because he's really not worth supporting to be quite honest.

The only time Thug will get a nice amount of support from the people is when he drop singles they can tolerate like Best Friend, Lifestyle & Check. 

For the record, I went ahead and bought his new project off Itunes. It's not that good, but it was only $6-$7 so I decided to purchase the whole project instead of just picking the songs I really liked.

i dont think future is selling records because most "hip hop supporters" think he's dope

There are alwaysfollowers in hiphop but let's not act like future hasn't been putting out bangers and getting major radio play since 2011. Magic, damn damn time, Neva end with kelly Rowland tore the radio up. That was 5 years ago. Let's not forget about his hooks like I woke up in a new Bugatti and whole bunch of other stuff. He has definitely put in work and it's been all organic unlike that vulture post Bradley

Last edited:
There are alwaysfollowers in hiphop but let's not act like future hasn't been putting out bangers and getting major radio play since 2011. Magic, damn damn time, Neva end with kelly Rowland tore the radio up. That was 5 years ago. Let's not forget about his hooks like I woke up in a new Bugatti and whole bunch of other stuff. He has definitely put in work and it's been all organic unlike that vulture post Bradley

Word dudes act like fans haven't known futue for years now.. it took him a lil longer to really completely bloom... but this dude has legit had SINGLES with Kanye, The Rihanna Remix, Wayne Remix etc etc. he has just grown his actual fanbase

I would also like ya'll cats who were talkin about Thugs buzz & his mixtape support to answer me this if his "buzz" was so big... why did Kevin Gates literally sell 5X what thug did ?

Both artist have been around for a similar time, both have had social media controversy, neither one has really had a "HIT" single, both are considered street rappers

If Thugga is who ya'll claim he is how is it possible Gates did 5x the amount of sales with little to maybe even less promotion?

I would also like ya'll cats who were talkin about Thugs buzz & his mixtape support to answer me this if his "buzz" was so big... why did Kevin Gates literally sell 5X what thug did ?

Both artist have been around for a similar time, both have had social media controversy, neither one has really had a "HIT" single, both are considered street rappers

If Thugga is who ya'll claim he is how is it possible Gates did 5x the amount of sales with little to maybe even less promotion?

Yung thug has a good song or a catchy verse here or there other than that he's trash :lol: people who keep saying he's got next and about to blow are delusional.
They think he's bigger than he is due to Internet forums and a few urban radio spins

Back
Top Bottom