young thug... Barter 6 out.

Lyor blocked 2 pieces of work that couldn't elevated dude to another level because he wants to sell 12k first week instead of dropping em as free tapes like the man wanted too. Lyor isn't hip to how this trap rap **** works. It's not 1990s b.

:lol: @ wanting him to still be under Gucci

I agree with MigosThuggin and Metro helping Thug but dats bout it. I aint gon try and speak on label situations and say wats involved becuz that's jus blowing smoke, LA "lets" Future do his thing, but Thug is almost releasing just as much as Future.

Cant blame Lyor for Thug getting in the studio and recording something you don't like

You a funny dude bruh, he releasing almost as much as Fewtch? As side from the fact his projects don't have near as many songs as Future's, since December;

WATTBA
Purple Reign
Evol
E.T.

Vs.

I'm Up
Slime Season 3

Am I missing something? Don't even get me started on features :lol:

You a funny dude bruh, he releasing almost as much as Fewtch? As side from the fact his projects don't have near as many songs as Future's, since December;

WATTBA
Purple Reign
Evol
E.T.

Vs.

I'm Up
Slime Season 3

Am I missing something? Don't even get me started on features :lol:
You missing Slime Season 1 and 2 if you wanna start in September (WATTBA)
Nonetheless if you factor in leaks Thug dropped way more content than Future

12k?
I'm Up 22k, SS3 38k
If I'm not mistaken there is growth in those numbers, if you think Thug's appeal is only trap rap you out the loop man.
Thug never said Im Up & SS3 were gonna be free but ok

22k and 38k or horrible numbers for someone under Lyor. By the end of the year thug will be shelved and have label issues.

WATTBA
Purple Reign
Evol
E.T.

Vs.

I'm Up
Slime Season 3

Am I missing something? Don't even get me started on features
laugh.gif

12k?
I'm Up 22k, SS3 38k
If I'm not mistaken there is growth in those numbers, if you think Thug's appeal is only trap rap you out the loop man.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I honestly meant to start in December considering we're going on July, anything before that is irrelevant to the topic at hand. Sooooo...

PR / EVOL / ET vs. I'm Up & SS3 

Please provide the names of the leaks that have dropped that have actually been quality/finished tracks that make up the deficit of what's lacking on his projects in comparison to Future.

"if you think Thug's appeal is only trap rap you out the loop man."

Idk what you're attempting to get at with this statement, just because every white girl on this planet rocked with "Best Friend" still doesn't negate the fact Future appeal's to a way larger audience than Thugger today and probably ever will. 

12k?
I'm Up 22k, SS3 38k
Thug could've done those sad numbers by himself. Maybe sold more if he dropped the music he was supposed to drop. Could've had that song sitting around, but massa don't wanna release it. He's only slowing down the process

Idk what you're attempting to get at with this statement, just because every white girl on this planet rocked with "Best Friend" still doesn't negate the fact Future appeal's to a way larger audience than Thugger today and probably ever will. 

I never said anything about Future & Thug's appeal being similar, fam said Fewtch drop alot of music and I said Thug also drops alot of music.

What I was attempting to say is Thug don't need to follow a "trap rappers" template of releasing music where as Future is basically the only rapper who has benefitted from doing so
I got what you were attempting with that statement tho

Last edited:
I just don't understand why they're not pushing "With Them". **** doesn't make any sense. That Turn Up song is weird as hell 
laugh.gif

Beat was the absolute worst beat I've heard Thugger spit on. 

Last edited:
Yung thugs numbers have been horrible up until this point in his career. No need for the forced laughs

I'm sure Lyor isn't laughing, he's probably drawing up an exit strategy right now

Last edited:
What's the point in selling 38k though? To make more money for Lyor and his people? Cuz that's the only thing it does. It's not helping his buzz. He's a trap artist. He ain't bout to sell 80k first week, then go gold.

He shoulda just stuck to the formula. Drop a tape every few months with 10-16 songs, keep feeding your fans, keep building. The way I'm Up and SS3 came out was a dumb strategy. He had a build up for SS3 then change it to I'm Up it didn't live up to the hype then months later SS3 drops and it's fire but it's too late. He had the formula with SS1 and 2 being full projects then it was a switch up. Future got to that level by sticking to what works then he dropped DS2. It was a build up then he delivered with a full album that lived up to the hype.

And again you don't need no Lyor Cohen in 2016. This ain't 98. :lol:

Last edited:
What's the point in selling 38k though? To make more money for Lyor and his people? Cuz that's the only thing it does. It's not helping his buzz. He's a trap artist. He ain't bout to sell 80k first week, then go gold.

He shoulda just stuck to the formula. Drop a tape every few months with 10-16 songs, keep feeding your fans, keep building. The way I'm Up and SS3 came out was a dumb strategy. He had a build up for SS3 then change it to I'm Up it didn't live up to the hype then months later SS3 drops and it's fire but it's too late. He had the formula with SS1 and 2 being full projects then it was a switch up. Future got to that level by sticking to what works then he dropped DS2. It was a build up then he delivered with a full album that lived up to the hype.

And again you don't no Lyor Cohen in 2016. This ain't 98. :lol:
Ding ding ding. Son could've sold 22k independent and cut the middle man out. He got bigger budget videos? In a era where people don't watch videos it's pointless. Less is more anyway when it comes to visuals. Thug had a formula that was working and going to continue to work. He followed the og plan, migosthuggin, metrothuggin, ss1, ss2, took the best songs off I'm up and added em to ss3 he could've charged for that joint and doubled his #s independently, no massa in his pockets. They only slowing down the process. With them and digits supposed to be everywhere, that summer anthem lane wide open.

I just don't understand why they're not pushing "With Them". **** doesn't make any sense. That Turn Up song is weird as hell 
laugh.gif

Beat was the absolute worst beat I've heard Thugger spit on. 
I don't understand why they don't push ANY of the bangers this guy has, dropping ONE video months after the release of the project is low key a waste. Why is there not a video for Digits? Problem? Hercules? Memo? any one of these could go on the radio today and be loved by the fair weather fans.

I'm Up was a disaster of a release all around and the My People video was trash... I wear blinders as much as I can but none of Thug's fans that would legit spend money to go see him or buy one of his projects want to see the n_ prancing around in a skirt in any capacity under any condition. I say that to say I've yet to see Lyor take this n_'s career to the next level like I think the majority of us were looking for.

After the hype for with them how do u not capitalize? Dudes who never liked thug were searching for that joint after the Kanye show. A recorded unfastened sample was getting 6 digit hits on youtube smh. That video with him n his girl rapping Hercules before it dropped was everywhere, everybody was passing that joint around on Twitter. Lyor need to hop on social media and open his eyes. Once Meek was free to drop music, digits should've been everywhere. That's 3 misses I see in the past few months alone. I can only imagine the heat metro and thug got stashed away smh, b language had me ready for that tape smh.

Yung thugs numbers have been horrible up until this point in his career. No need for the forced laughs

I'm sure Lyor isn't laughing, he's probably drawing up an exit strategy right now
38k off a "free" mixtape with no singles or physicals, yeah I'm sure he about to blow it all up 
eyes.gif

YG just literally did 38k on a "studio album" with 3 singles (one of em a Drake feature) and real physicals in the store

And again you don't no Lyor Cohen in 2016. This ain't 98.
laugh.gif
What's the other alternative to selling a "free" mixtape tho bro? Putting it out anyway and making nothing?
laugh.gif
 It was still free to listen to on Spinrilla, SoundCloud, etc imo everybody who cashed out did so because they wanted to. Like I said before Gates and his team started out doing this same exact thing 2 years ago i.e. put out feeler "commercial mixtapes", get all the analytics, data, etc and see who really willing to cash out for something they can literally hear for free. _'s laughed at his sales, 2 years later he doing 100k+ first week. Not saying Thug **** is gonna work out like that because they're different artists but it is a strategy that has worked before in rap and other genres.

I think the releases were sloppy because that was around the time Lyor really came in and started being more hands on. He more than likely came in at the last min and told them to drop something else first to see how it would do sales wise.

As far as the formula I really don't see whats changed. He only dropped 2 tapes in 2014, Black Portland and Rich Gang Pt.1, the rest Gucci dropped himself under 1017. He dropped 3 tapes in 2015 total and he's already dropped 2 this year 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
He's a trap artist. He ain't bout to sell 80k first week, then go gold.

They said the same about Future and he's a platinum artist now. But that's only to say not to easily throw somebody in a box. The fact that his numbers are growing obviously means he's building

Lol @ ya'll knowing a "OG" plan or formula dude had. One thing about Thug projects was nuthin was set in stone. Fam took 5 months to drop SS1 after B6 which took 6 months after the TTP1 but his formula 10-16 songs a few months.

Already went bak n forth wit yall bout this so imma jus review. After Lyor jumped in the picture Thug is now selling more records and has a platinum single, now if you wanna credit that to buddy is optional. But to blame Lyor for Turn Up is just tryna make fam a scapegoat and that was my only argument

Thug is better off by himself but I believe Lyor is showing him moves that he can learn from

The point is at the hight of his buzz he pump faked. His team fumbled and had him drop a weak project which was basically a ep, then he dropped some fire months later. If you're gonna get paid off something let SS3 be the album. Keep SS thing rolling. That's what all the talk and build up was about. Take Hercules and **** Cancer and put them on SS3. Push With Them and Digits as singles, have it drop in March or April.

If you think they ain't fumble that it's really nothing to talk about. :lol:

He's a trap artist. He ain't bout to sell 80k first week, then go gold.

They said the same about Future and he's a platinum artist now. But that's only to say not to easily throw somebody in a box. The fact that his numbers are growing obviously means he's building

And Future sticks to the script. His **** is calculated to how the game is now. His label don't get in his way.

Last edited:
^Future is a platinum artist now after years of arduous grinding, yet still hasn't had a song chart as high as Lifestyle. Young Thug at minimum should already be at or have done what Fetty Wap has done. It's now two years later and there's multiple Young Thug clones drawing people's attention away. Ooops.

The point is at the hight of his buzz he pump faked. His team fumbled and had him drop a weak project which was basically a ep, then he dropped some fire months later. If you're gonna get paid off something let SS3 be the album. Keep SS thing rolling. That's what all the talk and build up was about. Take Hercules and **** Cancer and put them on SS3. Push With Them and Digits as singles, have it drop in March or April.

If you think they ain't fumble that it's really nothing to talk about.
laugh.gif
It is what it is then I guess 
laugh.gif

This _ never drop on time anyway 
laugh.gif
, SS3 was originally supposed to drop before the end of 2015. We got I'm Up and got SS3 the next month, a week after he did a big set at SXSW (which now that I think about is more likely the reason they held off in the first place)

Edit: I do see what you saying tho bro

Last edited:
When it was changed to I'm Up people was like "why he changing it" then when it dropped people was "Ok where ss3 at"

Think if it was just SS3 while pushing Digits, With Them, Memo. These are bangers. This is probably his best work. Not saying Ima expert but this **** was fumbled. More people should be talking about SS3. I be listening to it like damn this the one. :lol:

Last edited:
When it was changed to I'm Up people was like "why he changing it" then when it dropped people was "Ok where ss3 at"

Think if it was just SS3 while pushing Digits, With Them, Memo. These are bangers. This is probably his best work. Not saying Ima expert but this **** was fumbled. More people should be talking about SS3. I be listening to it like damn this the one. :lol:
That's why so many people disappointed. How do u hear that music and fumble that? F cancer, family and Hercules should've been added to ss3 and it should've dropped when it was supposed to. No reason why that joint getting overlooked the way it is, they dropped the ball.

No way in hell SS3 his best work.

If SS3 and I'm Up were one combined project, then it would be on par with SS2 and slightly better than SS1.

As SS3 stands it's last of the SS series which is crazy considering it got Memo and Digits on it.

They botched it.

Last edited:
Are yall tryna say the "good" songs on Im Up would be better if they were on SS3?

The release was botched but if he gave you what you wanted (SS3), why you still holding that against him.

Imo there was way more ppl waiting for SS3 after Im Up/With Them snippet than when it originally was supposed to drop.

Back
Top Bottom