Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

My girl and I are doing the 52 week money challenge and are planning to use the money to go on a trip somewhere tropical.

What locations have the best bang for your buck for around $1,500 or less?
Ive done the 52 week challenge two years in a row and used the money for travel. 

Back in 2014 I went to Sao Paulo for a week and then spent New Years in Rio (best New Years of my life and Im from Vegas but Rio is mad expensive) 

This past December I spent 1 week in Miami, and then a week in Colombia. Both of these trips were at the beginning of Dec and saved me a lot on air fare.

Heading to New Orleans for vaca in a few months. I'll be there for a week. I'm mostly looking forward to the food. Anything else to consider while there? Places to visit? Things to do? Thanks!

I might need to hit Montreal this year.
Montreal yambs. 
devil.gif

Anyone ever travel outside the states dolo? Been wanting to visit central america for the longest but im a man of few friends. Also my espanol is no bueno, how big of an impact will that be? Single world travelers chime in.

The ones going to London this year, make sure your bread right, its crazy expensive out here. (Pound vs Dollar)

What you talking about papi? The dollar's the strongest it's been in a long time. Best time is now.

The USD to GBP exchange rate isn't favorable towards us. The Euro on the other hand...

The exchange rate hasn't been better than it is now than since 2009 though......

Capture-921453356404.png

Anyone ever travel outside the states dolo? Been wanting to visit central america for the longest but im a man of few friends. Also my espanol is no bueno, how big of an impact will that be? Single world travelers chime in.

Man, I've been thinking wanting to go to Japan for years now, but my friends all decided to mess around an get married and buy houses :smh:

Going to San Fran with the wife in April. Never been.

Obvious places to go...

+ AT&T Park (we have tickets)

+ Alcatraz...right?

+ Golden Gate Bridge

Where else? I need some good brunch spots, some nice dinner spots, things to do, etc.

[quote name="Based Mod" url="/t/516124/your-next-vacation-destination/580_20#post_25016954]
Man, I've been thinking wanting to go to Japan for years now, but my friends all decided to mess around an get married and buy houses :smh:[/quote]

In the same boat. Trying to take a trip this summer solo but no clue where to go.

Also hitting the hard rock punts Cana again for my boy wedding.

Last edited:
Planning to visit Japan and Hong Kong this August. I know it gets very humid but is it bearable? I dont know if I should change my destinations strictly based on this

Plan B is to visit the Netherlands, Belgium, and France

Last edited:
Summertime in Hong Kong is awful. I went recently in November though, and the weather was perfect. 60-70 degrees the whole time (which is freezing for HKers; saw people out in winter coats and down jackets looking at me like I was insane for walking around in a t shirt and shorts :smh: :lol: )

It's a cool city though. The nightlife is :pimp: especially since you can drink on the streets in the bar/club district (Lan Kwai Fong). The most packed bar is 7-11 because all people do is buy beers for cheap there and chill outside, while the real bars/clubs have like 5 people in them :lol:

Also, stop relying on your friends if you want to travel and just go. If I had that mentality, I would've only gone on one overseas trip last year instead of 4. Just stay at a good hostel; you'll meet tons of people in their 20s-30s who are traveling alone as well (and will save $$$$ on lodging expenses) . I've made friends/connections all over the world that I can kick it with the next time I visit their countries

Last edited:

I'd say just go for it man. I've met a lot of travels who were going solo and a lot of times you can link up with people at hostels or through tours and travel around with a group. A lot of people in cheaper hostels may be traveling for months on end and for the most part are very laid back and friendly, happy to cruise around town with someone new. Knowing some basic spanish may help but I don't think its a big deal if you don't.

Disneyland & Palm Springs in February.

Gonna check out salvation mountain when I'm in the area

salvation-mountain_00.jpg

Back
Top Bottom