Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

To the Cancun folks here, yall check out Chichen Itza? Tours sound like a **** show. I wanna rent a car out and drive there on my own, but apparently the car companies out lure you in with $5/day rentals only to gouge you for insurance. Advice?

the thing is chichen itza is about 3 hours away from the zone, you can always get great deals from your hotel reps in the hotel look for expedia guys as they can always get you a great deal ... case in point we went to xcaret normal price was $159/p and we had 3 came outta there for $200 total. you can always hustle them and the big name expedia guys have the most pull.

and the federales are out in full force pulling over tourists.

tulum was cool got it for free, i wouldnt pay for it.

View media item 2362733

To the Cancun folks here, yall check out Chichen Itza? Tours sound like a **** show. I wanna rent a car out and drive there on my own, but apparently the car companies out lure you in with $5/day rentals only to gouge you for insurance. Advice?

the thing is chichen itza is about 3 hours away from the zone, you can always get great deals from your hotel reps in the hotel look for expedia guys as they can always get you a great deal ... case in point we went to xcaret normal price was $159/p and we had 3 came outta there for $200 total. you can always hustle them and the big name expedia guys have the most pull.

View media item 2362733

Appreciate the info

So driving on our own isn't recommended?

I'll keep an eye out for the Expedia guys. Did the Xcaret come with transportation?

Do you think I should just show up to Cancun without booking anything and just going with one of those guys to get a better deal vs. buying it ahead of time online?

Appreciate the info

I'll keep an eye out for the Expedia guys. Did the Xcaret come with transportation?

Do you think I should just show up to Cancun without booking anything and just going with one of those guys to get a better deal vs. buying it ahead of time online?
Would like to know this as well 

^^^^^Damn. Is that a resort or hotel? That looks dope. I've been to Montego Bay. My resort definitely wasn't as nice but then that's the whole appeal of Jamaica.

That looks nice. I guess I went to the wrong part of St. Lucia because it didn't look anything like that :lol:

Anybody been to Cabo? I know its touristy but some friends are trying to do a couples trip.

Appreciate the info

i wouldnt because 3 hours is a long *** drive

where r u staying?

yes all excursions come with transportation in a nice ac van or charter bus usually includes buffet.

yes do not buy online and buy at the resort you can hustle them

That looks nice. I guess I went to the wrong part of St. Lucia because it didn't look anything like that :lol:

Anybody been to Cabo? I know its touristy but some friends are trying to do a couples trip.

I heard nothing but bad stuff about Cabo. I think it's mostly cause there are better places to go in Mexcio. I would rather go to Cancun but that is me.

Last edited:
Appreciate the info

i wouldnt because 3 hours is a long *** drive

where r u staying?

yes all excursions come with transportation in a nice ac van or charter bus usually includes buffet.

yes do not buy online and buy at the resort you can hustle them

Repped. They take card or only cash?

Staying at the Hyatt Zilara where all the other resorts are.

i would bring cash but they do take card

tips:
you can take the bus outside your resort runs every 10 mins just flag a bus with your hand and its $1 (we usually take this to downtown very safe) let the driver know where u wanna go
bring $1s for tips
id also check out isla mujeres
if you want to go in cenotes check out xplor or xenotes i think
right when u get to the resort your gonna be asked to join some timeshare thing or go to a meeting they usually give h a free gift like an excursion, you can always so no and get the gift just gotta go to a 1-2 hr presentation
pesos range from 18-20 pesos / $1

cancun is so beautiful and safe just dont do anything stupid or the federales will jam you up.

it also helps if you speak spanish to bargain.

Last edited:
i would bring cash but they do take card

tips:
you can take the bus outside your resort runs every 10 mins just flag a bus with your hand and its $1 (we usually take this to downtown very safe) let the driver know where u wanna go
bring $1s for tips
id also check out isla mujeres
if you want to go in cenotes check out xplor or xenotes i think
right when u get to the resort your gonna be asked to join some timeshare thing or go to a meeting they usually give h a free gift like an excursion, you can always so no and get the gift just gotta go to a 1-2 hr presentation
pesos range from 18-20 pesos / $1

cancun is so beautiful and safe just dont do anything stupid or the federales will jam you up.

it also helps if you speak spanish to bargain.

My mans :pimp:

Which shuttle service did you take to get to your resort from the airport?

did you already book your resort? you can usually add a roundtrip transportation service ...

if not just go on travelocity and look up roundtrip transportation service its like $15 - 30 roundtrip in a shared charter van when u confirm itll tell you which service, when u get out of the airport u just gotta navigate all the rest of the drivers to find yours.
not sure if uve traveled intl but dont forget to bring a pen to fill out ur customs forms in the plane
dont forget to tip your waiters and bartenders even if its $1, theyll always be good to u and chop it up w them.
not sure if you just use a carry on + personal bag make sure to bring ur backpack great if u go on excursions and then bring back souvenirs

btw:
xelha - all natural water park very serene lazy rivers u can get in a tube, need special sunblock that wont damage the water .. also an area to go cliff jumping, swim w dolfins, buffets

xcaret - 45 min lazy river, old mayan town, some ruins, all man made water park, swim w dolphins (was able to do this first they were tryna charge me $100 / person wife got it down to $200 for 3 of us), snorkel, speedboating, nice beach w cabanas, good food, famous mayan dinner show at the end

xplor - snorkeling, can repell inside cenotes, 4x4, ziplining

tulum - see some fantanstic ruins that overlooks a gorgeous beach that u can go in, not sure if i would pay for this got it free

chichen itza - takes a total of 6 hours to get there and we have a 4yo have not gone.

Last edited:
I've never taken as many vacations as I'm about to this year. New obviously has made flexibility with schedules.

Adding a Las Vegas trip on Easter weekend.

Going to Italy in May for 2 weeks with my girl

Amalfi Coast > Florence/Tuscany > Cinque Terre > Rome

Anyone have any suggestions or reviews from those places?

for food, go to All’Antico Vinaio

it's a sandwich shop in the city center

good bet to stay away from other food within the city center for the most part

vacay wish list:
bora bora / moorea
boracay / palawan
thailand
europe

hopefully next year i can knock one of those off.

View media item 2362733

^^^ Bro don't be scared of driving from cancun to chichen itza. I just did it last month. The car rentals are stupid cheap, but if you have a credit card that covers you for insurance you are fine. They will always try and make you buy extra insurance but it's not needed.

I rented a VW Jetta for 8 days and it was $42 with taxes, Dirt Cheap

The ride from Cancun to Chichen Itza is smooth. Take the toll route. It's a 2 hour drive 2 1/2 if you drive the speed limit. The toll is going to be like $15 but it's worth it. The free way will make you go around through the local villages.

Don't be scared. Yucutan peninsula is safe to drive, and the toll road is perfectly paved. If you buy a tour you will pay 4 or 5 times as much as you need to.

Once you get to chichen itza, the entrance is like $22. Make sure you also do the night show.

What are some good suggestions for an international fellas trip?
How's Puerto Rico?

What are some good suggestions for an international fellas trip?
How's Puerto Rico?
Puerto Rico is Nice 

but Jamaica , Aruba and Cuba could be a better deal 
^^^ Bro don't be scared of driving from cancun to chichen itza. I just did it last month. The car rentals are stupid cheap, but if you have a credit card that covers you for insurance you are fine. They will always try and make you buy extra insurance but it's not needed.

I rented a VW Jetta for 8 days and it was $42 with taxes, Dirt Cheap

The ride from Cancun to Chichen Itza is smooth. Take the toll route. It's a 2 hour drive 2 1/2 if you drive the speed limit. The toll is going to be like $15 but it's worth it. The free way will make you go around through the local villages.

Don't be scared. Yucutan peninsula is safe to drive, and the toll road is perfectly paved. If you buy a tour you will pay 4 or 5 times as much as you need to.

Once you get to chichen itza, the entrance is like $22. Make sure you also do the night show.
Now this has me thinking 

who wants to drive almost 6 hours when you can be in a big a/c charter bus and knock out?

to each their own, i go on vacation to do as least as possible.

who wants to drive almost 6 hours when you can be in a big a/c charter bus and knock out?

to each their own, i go on vacation to do as least as possible.
Also yes and there's too much to think when getting a car. Can be stressful , well the date will come and will see

Back
Top Bottom