Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

Going to Orlando in August then 3 weeks later going to DR.

Any good sites for booking cheapflights? Besides..Orbitz and Kayak? Looking for cheaper flights to DR.

I'm planning an Eurotrip for the fall. I do want to see multiple cities while I am there aside from sight seeing, yambs, nightlife and maybe a footy match or two.

I currently browsing gotoday.com for packages. Are there other sites like this for better deals? Anyone tried gotoday.com?

Countries I'd like to visit are:

England
Holland
Italy
Spain
France
Germany

seeing at least 4/5 would be nice. any pointers?! :nerd:

I'm going dolo too. Sometimes, you can't rely on other people to plan with you unless it's an significant other.

I go to Spain every summer..the list of countries u have is great..but honestly u should narrow it down to maybe 3 places..anything else after that will be overwhelming..stay at the same amount of time for each destination so u are able to get a real feel of the city

Also check on booking ur flights and rooms separately..sometimes amazing deals pop up for flights..obviously the most expensive flight is getting to Europe and back..all of the inter-euro flights are extremely cheap..so u can worry about booking that last..taking trains within Europe is an option as well

Thanks for the pointers, I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Is it true that there is a unlimited train pass that allows you to travel across Europe?! :nerd:

Idk about London or SF anymore. I just wanna go somewhere by myself, and relax for a few days. All I would want is an affordable hotel/resort by the beach. Walking distance by a lot of different bars. Would like to go to Hawaii for that but I'm going to take a wild guess in that Miami is cheaper lol
Essex House on south beach. Its a block from ocean drive and its quiet but right in the middle of everything.

Thanks fam. I just might do this.

Is it true that there is a unlimited train pass that allows you to travel across Europe?! :nerd:

there is, but in my opinion it's not worth it, especially if you have a limited time frame with multiple places to be. As has been stated, flights within europe are cheap and affordable, but on top of that you save time. For example, from munich to milan on train is 8 hours. it will run you near 100 euros. For 30 euros, you can fly there and arrive in one hour. but who knows, you might enjoy train rides.

Is it true that there is a unlimited train pass that allows you to travel across Europe?!
nerd.gif
Never do it ... worst tourist trap you could ever fall into

Btw your choices are all so good I couldn't bring myself to pick 

Take flights. They're cheaper and transportation in between the airports and the cities is pretty common... Use covoiturage also.

Last edited:
there is, but in my opinion it's not worth it, especially if you have a limited time frame with multiple places to be. As has been stated, flights within europe are cheap and affordable, but on top of that you save time. For example, from munich to milan on train is 8 hours. it will run you near 100 euros. For 30 euros, you can fly there and arrive in one hour. but who knows, you might enjoy train rides.
Only train rides that are possibly enjoyable are those in between Switzerland and Germany, Switzerland and Italy and whatever cross trough Switzerland 
laugh.gif

Idk about London or SF anymore. I just wanna go somewhere by myself, and relax for a few days. All I would want is an affordable hotel/resort by the beach. Walking distance by a lot of different bars. Would like to go to Hawaii for that but I'm going to take a wild guess in that Miami is cheaper lol

Very different cultures though but if you just want the beaches, Miami is fine. As tourist as Hawaii is, it still feels cool to hear people embody the culture that their ancestors did.

Me and my gf are going to Bali, Singapore, and Malaysia (georgetown and probably another undecided city). Any recommendations?

View media item 2408113Just came back from egypt!!!!!!
Amazing experience !
Had a private driver , I told the driver to drive me in the slums which ain't that bad lol

Alexandria, Luxor, Cairo.

lighthouse of alexandria, pyramid, sphinx, luxor chill by the nile river, valley of the kings and all that

Amazing place !!
view from the balcony

Last edited:
^ wasnt there a terrorist attack on one of the coptic churches there just last week? and the whole country is under state of emergency?

Me and my gf are going to Bali, Singapore, and Malaysia (georgetown and probably another undecided city). Any recommendations?

for food recommendations , i posted a picture a couple pages back, just search it

in bali go to potato head, cool place to hang out. u can hike mt agung too. also i u have more time in indonesia go do mt bromo-kawa ijen trip. a lof of tourists do that from bali.

heres a pic of mt bromo

View media item 2408116
its awesome and not that crowded

georgetown is in penang, i heard the food there is awesome , but not much touristy stuff to do. kuala lumpur is more touristy but more stuff to do in my opinion.

for singapore, tell me where u will stay i can pretty much make a daily , hour by hour itenerary for you including what buses/trains to take. just pm me. [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Very different cultures though but if you just want the beaches, Miami is fine. As tourist as Hawaii is, it still feels cool to hear people embody the culture that their ancestors did.

For you, I count so far, London, NY, Hawaii and Miami. That's pretty cool.

I've always really , really wanted to go to Hawaii. I just know it's expensive and not sure if I'm prepared to spend that much for a few days by myself.

Last edited:
I'm planning to do a solo trip as well not sure where and if I want to do it in another state or country. 

For you, I count so far, London, NY, Hawaii and Miami. That's pretty cool.

I've always really , really wanted to go to Hawaii. I just know it's expensive and not sure if I'm prepared to spend that much for a few days by myself.

I've only been traveling for like the past 5 years at age 31. Prior to that, it was just Hawaii with my family, Chicago and I guess LA a bunch of times. In 5 years, I've done what you mentioned above including Belize, Dominican Republic, Puerto Vallarta, Jamaica, Iceland, Italy, Paris and then US spots like NYC, Portland, Miami, and Seattle. I did like two trips per year with US cities being work related, so those were covered.

For the most part, just start with what you can afford. All those cities and countries will be there in the long run. Miami was cool for what it is. Not sure if it is a total solo spot but you can make it that way. Plenty to eat, drink, relax and see.

Lol. I might end up just doing London after all. Visit my cousins during the day and do my own thing in the city at night. Lol I had no idea London was so liberal when it comes to the *** industry so I just might do that [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:
^ wasnt there a terrorist attack on one of the coptic churches there just last week? and the whole country is under state of emergency?
Ya but that's close to the border of Israel , there's always something going on there .

Egypt is a dope place to visit !

Never do it ... worst tourist trap you could ever fall into

Btw your choices are all so good I couldn't bring myself to pick 

Take flights. They're cheaper and transportation in between the airports and the cities is pretty common... Use covoiturage also.

^^ I disagree, I backpacked Europe for 4 months with the EURAIL, Best thing I ever did.

I was able to visit 29 countries. Overall for me it was a great experience. I'll never forget the beautiful picture-esque landscapes.

Again everyone is different, but in my situation I was there a longer time and had more time to go at my own pace.

Pros
- Get to see the beautiful countryside
- 1st ticket will get you meals and wifi
- Lots of discounts when you show your pass
- Freebies in some cities for tours
- Some free ferry crossings like Italy to Greece
- You can take overnight train rides to save time and to save on a hotel
- It's relaxing to just read a book or stare out the windows

Cons
- Takes longer to get to other countries than a plane
- Some train rides aren't direct and make stops
- Flights might be cheaper in some occasions
- Some trains don't include wifi

Looking for a tropical beach vacay. Deciding between Jamaica, Cancun, and Costa Rica. Any input?

Back
Top Bottom