Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

is it lame to go on vacation by yourself? i never have done it but i think about it all the time... like should i do it
laugh.gif
I'll do it, I've done it and man you will be amazed 

is it lame to go on vacation by yourself? i never have done it but i think about it all the time... like should i do it :lol:
I did it last year when I went to Toronto. First time ever visiting Canada. Yea i was nervous af at first, but the excitement grew as soon as I landed.

The only tough part is socializing with the locals, especially if you're not a very sociable person.

is it lame to go on vacation by yourself? i never have done it but i think about it all the time... like should i do it :lol:

just did it earlier this year. japan and indonesia, it wasnt lame at all! met a lot of people and got to talk to a lot of girls. only thing i dont like about travelling alone is eating alone, i dont like eating alone. specially if the food is really good, i wana tell someone how good it is, but i couldnt do it.actually i told my friend through im's. also i always tell the people at the restaurant if their food is good.

just did it earlier this year. japan and indonesia, it wasnt lame at all! met a lot of people and got to talk to a lot of girls. only thing i dont like about travelling alone is eating alone, i dont like eating alone. specially if the food is really good, i wana tell someone how good it is, but i couldnt do it.actually i told my friend through im's. also i always tell the people at the restaurant if their food is good.
Have never thought about this till now haha , but yeah eating alone isn't that great from that side of the spectrum, but alone you can focus more in what you're eating, and how you're really enjoying it and if the place has a great view , damn you got yourself a serious experience right there 

It plays both sides 

I eat out alone like 99.9 percent of the time.

I don't really like it

I can't even drink properly cuz I have to drive myself lol

when i was in indonesia, on my way to my next destination, after i got off the train i didnt know exactly how to go the bus station, so i waited for other tourists so i can go wit them. then i saw this couple, and they wer going the same way but they wanted to eat lunch first so we ate together. we talked about local food and travelling etc. i really enjoyed that

when i was younger, i worked for united airlines and i used to travel all over by myself. it was great.

Last edited:

I mostly travel solo. Honestly I absorb information and the sights more that way. When Im with someone, most of the stuff flies over my head because Im focused on the convo

Last edited:
I travel solo too.
Just bought my ticket.
Im dippin out in 5 days [emoji]9996[/emoji][emoji]127996[/emoji]

Last edited:

i did the europe trip by myself for 5 weeks. best time of my life, will be doing it again this summer. traveling by yourself has multiple benefits.

thanks guys for the input... i do most things alone so im somewhat used to it already.... but for some reason felt insecure about traveling alone... but you guys cosigned so i might actually plan a vacay for myself... just have to decide where....

I'll do it, I've done it and man you will be amazed 

This... I spent a few days in Sydney prior to meeting up with colleagues and it was great! Being on your own schedule, not having to wait on others and doing what you want to do makes things that more much enjoyable.

If you can do it then go. My friend went by himself to Barcelona, Madrid and a few other places. He said he had a blast and met a good number of people in the hostels and just going out.

Any suggestions on places to eat (BBQ?) or shops in Memphis area?

Flying into Memphis for work tomorrow (before driving 3 hours to Alabama) and wanted to grab lunch or something before the drive, and possibly on the way home before my flight back to Denver on Friday.

Idk about London or SF anymore. I just wanna go somewhere by myself, and relax for a few days. All I would want is an affordable hotel/resort by the beach. Walking distance by a lot of different bars. Would like to go to Hawaii for that but I'm going to take a wild guess in that Miami is cheaper lol

I'm planning an Eurotrip for the fall. I do want to see multiple cities while I am there aside from sight seeing, yambs, nightlife and maybe a footy match or two.

I currently browsing gotoday.com for packages. Are there other sites like this for better deals? Anyone tried gotoday.com?

Countries I'd like to visit are:

England
Holland
Italy
Spain
France
Germany

seeing at least 4/5 would be nice. any pointers?! :nerd:

I'm going dolo too. Sometimes, you can't rely on other people to plan with you unless it's an significant other.

Last edited:
I'm planning an Eurotrip for the fall. I do want to see multiple cities while I am there aside from sight seeing, yambs, nightlife and maybe a footy match or two.

I currently browsing gotoday.com for packages. Are there other sites like this for better deals? Anyone tried gotoday.com?

Countries I'd like to visit are:

England
Holland
Italy
Spain
France
Germany

seeing at least 4/5 would be nice. any pointers?! :nerd:

I'm going dolo too. Sometimes, you can't rely on other people to plan with you unless it's an significant other.

I go to Spain every summer..the list of countries u have is great..but honestly u should narrow it down to maybe 3 places..anything else after that will be overwhelming..stay at the same amount of time for each destination so u are able to get a real feel of the city

Also check on booking ur flights and rooms separately..sometimes amazing deals pop up for flights..obviously the most expensive flight is getting to Europe and back..all of the inter-euro flights are extremely cheap..so u can worry about booking that last..taking trains within Europe is an option as well

Idk about London or SF anymore. I just wanna go somewhere by myself, and relax for a few days. All I would want is an affordable hotel/resort by the beach. Walking distance by a lot of different bars. Would like to go to Hawaii for that but I'm going to take a wild guess in that Miami is cheaper lol
Essex House on south beach. Its a block from ocean drive and its quiet but right in the middle of everything.

Back
Top Bottom