Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

I don't think heavy jackets or coats are necessary. You'll be very out of place if you're walking around in a overcoat in August :lol:

Remember, chilly for us Californians is much different than chilly for you East Coasters :lol: Anything more than a light sweater or windbreaker is unnecessary for 95% of the year. Just saying that it's more comfortable to go out at night later in the year, but at the end of the day, when you go in August, it'll be mid-high 50s at night at worst. My friends from the inland parts of LA think it's freezing though.

Last edited:
I don't think heavy jackets or coats are necessary. You'll be very out of place if you're walking around in a overcoat in August
laugh.gif

Remember, chilly for us Californians is much different than chilly for you East Coasters
laugh.gif
Anything more than a light sweater or windbreaker is unnecessary for 95% of the year. Just saying that it's more comfortable to go out at night later in the year, but at the end of the day, when you go in August, it'll be mid-high 50s at night at worst. My friends from the inland parts of LA think it's freezing though.
Y'all wilding -- mid-50s is summer weather for us NYC folks

laugh.gif

Been thinking about doing Mexico City for the longest , but my friends ( who are also Mexican ) told me since I'm African American , I may get kidnapped out there lol , I thought it was a joke .

How did you like it ? How was the food & the Mexicanas ? [emoji]128064[/emoji]

Your boys are playin man I'm black and have never had any problems in Mexico City. It's literally my favorite city in the world.

Going to London for a month, leaving at the end of June. [emoji]128556[/emoji]

Should have plenty of free time any suggestions?

Last edited:
Got back from 11 days in Greece. Visited Athens, Mykonos and Santorini.

Athens = Acropolis and corresponding museum, Parthenon, and Olympic stadium were my favorites. Food was great. Jewelry, typical tourist shops on every block. Overall the city is kind of, ehhh after you have been there for a while.

Mykonos - really beautiful. Smaller island - you can get across the whole island in less than 20 minutes on a ATV. The city itself has the typical tourist shops but also caters to high end clientele as well - Nobu, Hakassan, Rolex, Gucci and LV. Most food was all under 15 euros. I have been told that during the European holiday that place is a mad house and everything is more expensive.

Santorini - wine country. larger island. still drive-able but I rented a car. Has the sunset views and the typical white buildings with blue tops in the hillsides. Wednesday and Thursday are ship days so be prepared for the extra traffic. I was told that during high peak tourist season it can take over a hour to get across the main part of town because there are so many people in town. Also did a wine tour that was really informative - until the end when you are slightly buzzed and really don't care about taste and, 'full body flavor.'

Was it relatively cheap?

I don't think heavy jackets or coats are necessary. You'll be very out of place if you're walking around in a overcoat in August :lol:

Remember, chilly for us Californians is much different than chilly for you East Coasters :lol: Anything more than a light sweater or windbreaker is unnecessary for 95% of the year. Just saying that it's more comfortable to go out at night later in the year, but at the end of the day, when you go in August, it'll be mid-high 50s at night at worst. My friends from the inland parts of LA think it's freezing though.

Y'all wilding -- mid-50s is summer weather for us NYC folks

:lol:

Man I'm from NY and I'm going to be in SF in 2 weeks. The weather as SFC describes it sounds perfect :lol:

I would not describe 50s as chilly at all.

Last edited:
Got back from 11 days in Greece. Visited Athens, Mykonos and Santorini.

Athens = Acropolis and corresponding museum, Parthenon, and Olympic stadium were my favorites. Food was great. Jewelry, typical tourist shops on every block. Overall the city is kind of, ehhh after you have been there for a while.

Mykonos - really beautiful. Smaller island - you can get across the whole island in less than 20 minutes on a ATV. The city itself has the typical tourist shops but also caters to high end clientele as well - Nobu, Hakassan, Rolex, Gucci and LV. Most food was all under 15 euros. I have been told that during the European holiday that place is a mad house and everything is more expensive.

Santorini - wine country. larger island. still drive-able but I rented a car. Has the sunset views and the typical white buildings with blue tops in the hillsides. Wednesday and Thursday are ship days so be prepared for the extra traffic. I was told that during high peak tourist season it can take over a hour to get across the main part of town because there are so many people in town. Also did a wine tour that was really informative - until the end when you are slightly buzzed and really don't care about taste and, 'full body flavor.'

Gonna try and Hit Greece next year. When u get a chance post some pics

Was it relatively cheap?

For the most part yes. Realize I visited during low tourist season but every meal I ate food was under 15 euro a piece at the 'higher end' spots - of course you could spend more if you wanted fresh seafood. Most of that would run you 20-30 euro. House wine was 3.00 euro a glass. Now 'fast food' Greek like gyros, which were delicious ran 2.50 euro.

Lodging was relative. The nicer, updated villas with views probably ran you 300 euro or more a night. We stayed at nice places and they were 150 euro a night.

Rented a ATV for 2 days and it was 70 euro in Mykonos. The car was $200 euro in Santorini.

If you need hotel recommendations in either Santorini or Mykonos let me know.

View media item 2471102
Santorini

View media item 2471104
Infamous sunset

View media item 2471109
Athens finest, lol

Last edited:
:lol: I forgot about the Greek winery we visited while in Santorini. Really not my thing, especially coming from the Bay Area

We honeymooned years back and I agree with what you said about both Athens and Santorini.

Crete is a great island too with some fantastic beaches. Driving out there though is an experience.

:lol: I forgot about the Greek winery we visited while in Santorini. Really not my thing, especially coming from the Bay Area

We honeymooned years back and I agree with what you said about both Athens and Santorini.

Crete is a great island too with some fantastic beaches. Driving out there though is an experience.

Hahaha when the roads were originally constructed I'm sure they weren't thinking to themselves in a hundred + years from now there will be tour buses and all sorts of vehicles on these roads but damn if those roads aren't narrow. Traffic jams all day with those big tour buses. I don't even want to think what it must be like during peak tourist season. Maps aren't that accurate and neither are the road signs. Once you get past that driving isn't that bad.

Car rental is great too. Guy gave us the car completely on empty. Didn't do a run through on the car for damage. Asked if I was 21 and had a DL. Filled out some paper work, he shook my hand and got me in the car. Per his instructions I dropped off the car at the Santorini airport unlocked with the key under the driver side mat. He told me, 'don't worry about it. one of my guys will pick it up.'

Just back from Cabo. Not my ideal spot with say my wife but it was fun with friends. Definitely like the exchange rate there. Beers at some places are just dirt cheap but of course the tourist spots like Cabo Wabo (terrible place by the way) are like $6 for a beer. The dive spot food places were great. Got a steak and lobster tail for $10 US. Taco Guss is one of the best places I have ever been in regards to food. We actually went their twice cause it was such good food:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/tacos-guss-cabo-san-lucas

View media item 2471732
View media item 2471733
The club scene there is cool and similar to say Miami. It's kind of kooky with all the jello shots and what not but something you would never find in SF. Overall a fun spot and on the cheaper side which is nice. I had a 2 bedroom condo that was huge with a full kitchen. Car rental was like $80 but insurance was killer for like an additional $130. I probably would never go back but if you want to do group trips with your friends on a budget and have a decent night life with strip clubs, it's the place for you.

Just back from Cabo. Not my ideal spot with say my wife but it was fun with friends. Definitely like the exchange rate there. Beers at some places are just dirt cheap but of course the tourist spots like Cabo Wabo (terrible place by the way) are like $6 for a beer. The dive spot food places were great. Got a steak and lobster tail for $10 US. Taco Guss is one of the best places I have ever been in regards to food. We actually went their twice cause it was such good food:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/tacos-guss-cabo-san-lucas

View media item 2471732
View media item 2471733
The club scene there is cool and similar to say Miami. It's kind of kooky with all the jello shots and what not but something you would never find in SF. Overall a fun spot and on the cheaper side which is nice. I had a 2 bedroom condo that was huge with a full kitchen. Car rental was like $80 but insurance was killer for like an additional $130. I probably would never go back but if you want to do group trips with your friends on a budget and have a decent night life with strip clubs, it's the place for you.

Went to Cabo for spring break back in march and it was amazing. Like you said it is extremely affordable and it thoroughly surprised me as I was expecting ridiculous prices. My friends and I were able to go to a wholesale club (basically a Mexican Costco) and get a 5 liter bottle of absolut for 60 USD :lol:

Also I love the desert terrain/ landscape in Cabo

Last edited:
^^^Yeah....we went to Walmart. 12 packs were $6 US which is just music to my ears. We drank even a lot of 40oz bottles of Pacifico which was like $2 and just big bottled it on the beach. If you go to any store that sells tequila, they provide tastings their for free. One of the funnies things that happened on the trip was being on the beach with locals. The tide started to rush in so we made a sand wall to protect our stuff. Then everyone next to us started making a wall and it was like bunch of us from the US and Mexico making a wall together. We all just looked at each other and laughed and dabbed our beers.

Info on Hawaii also going last week of July for a bachelor (Oahu)

you should have fun.get a rental car for a day or 2 to explore the island. North shore is dope and the further away you get from hotel the cheaper the prices. Lots of trails to hike.

Never got over to pearl harbor but was doing a bunch of other stufcant say I'd go for a bachelor party but hotels are a good time.

Be ready for heat and rain

this thread is awesome. Has anyone done Alaska?

Last edited:
Has anyone done Alaska?

A high school friend of mine went. During the right time of the year, you can see the northern lights on a daily basis. Definitely better than Iceland which can be a hit and miss. My friend also went dog sledding which seemed like such a cool and unique thing. I think you can set tours to see ice caves as well. I don't know about actual stuff like food and what not but those things alone would make me want to go for a couple of days at least.

Info on Hawaii also going last week of July for a bachelor (Oahu)

you should have fun.get a rental car for a day or 2 to explore the island. North shore is dope and the further away you get from hotel the cheaper the prices. Lots of trails to hike.

Never got over to pearl harbor but was doing a bunch of other stufcant say I'd go for a bachelor party but hotels are a good time.

Be ready for heat and rain

this thread is awesome. Has anyone done Alaska?

I plan to visit Alaska whenever they have the Northern Lights.

I heard it's vivid in Alaska.

Anyone been to Tel Aviv? My boy just got back the pics of the women are the most beatiful I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Not really a vacation, but I'm traveling for a very short work trip next week to California.  Flying into John Wayne airport.   Anything good to eat around there?  Staying at the Marriott in Costa Mesa. 

Hahaha when the roads were originally constructed I'm sure they weren't thinking to themselves in a hundred + years from now there will be tour buses and all sorts of vehicles on these roads but damn if those roads aren't narrow. Traffic jams all day with those big tour buses. I don't even want to think what it must be like during peak tourist season. Maps aren't that accurate and neither are the road signs. Once you get past that driving isn't that bad.

Car rental is great too. Guy gave us the car completely on empty. Didn't do a run through on the car for damage. Asked if I was 21 and had a DL. Filled out some paper work, he shook my hand and got me in the car. Per his instructions I dropped off the car at the Santorini airport unlocked with the key under the driver side mat. He told me, 'don't worry about it. one of my guys will pick it up.'

The rental car situation was exactly how it was for us in Crete. To the T. :lol:

We flew into Athens, then smaller plane from Athens to Santorini. Ferry from Santorini to Crete and Crete to Athens. Oia was great since we were on our honeymoon but our favorite place was Imerovigli. Still one of the best places I've ever stayed.

For the most part yes. Realize I visited during low tourist season but every meal I ate food was under 15 euro a piece at the 'higher end' spots - of course you could spend more if you wanted fresh seafood. Most of that would run you 20-30 euro. House wine was 3.00 euro a glass. Now 'fast food' Greek like gyros, which were delicious ran 2.50 euro.

Lodging was relative. The nicer, updated villas with views probably ran you 300 euro or more a night. We stayed at nice places and they were 150 euro a night.

Rented a ATV for 2 days and it was 70 euro in Mykonos. The car was $200 euro in Santorini.

If you need hotel recommendations in either Santorini or Mykonos let me know.

View media item 2471102
Santorini

View media item 2471104
Infamous sunset

View media item 2471109
Athens finest, lol

Thx bro..Greece is def on my list..dope pics..repped

It wasn't one of those trips - it was a gift from my wife for Christmas as one of our first dates after the birth of our son. We're members of one so we had a pick up, otherwise did food.

Back
Top Bottom