Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

Just got back from a family trip to Hot Springs Arkansas. It was really nice.
View media item 2469187
View media item 2469188
View media item 2469189
View media item 2469193
Apparently Bill Clinton grew up here. Class of '64
View media item 2469195

They have several top quality golf courses.
Played 36 holes on the Isabella golf course which is the #1 rated course in Arkansas for years.
And we played 18 on the Ponce De Leon course the next day.
View media item 2469159
View media item 2469166
View media item 2469169
They also have these bath gouses where you can go take hot mineral baths and get massages. That was great.
View media item 2469174
View media item 2469172
View media item 2469179
Also spent some time on the lake
View media item 2469197
View media item 2469199
View media item 2469200Hot Springs is a nice weekend trip for a family or a couple

I have two free tickets to fly domestically in the US.
They expire in July so I have to use them ASAP.
Where should I go. I'm from LA and I've seen New York, Las Vegas, San Fran, And Georgia.
I've actually driven from Georgia to LA but I have no idea what city to visit.
What do ya recommend?

Hawaii or Miami

I have two free tickets to fly domestically in the US.
They expire in July so I have to use them ASAP.
Where should I go. I'm from LA and I've seen New York, Las Vegas, San Fran, And Georgia.
I've actually driven from Georgia to LA but I have no idea what city to visit.
What do ya recommend?

Hawaii or Miami

Was about to say the exact same thing!

Hawaii bro...

Tickets to Hawaii in the Summer cost $800+

You're getting it free! Make the most of it!

Why go somewhere for free when the ticket only cost $100-250?

Last edited:
I wasn't paying too much attention to his press conference but how can we even travel there ? As Americans

Under the new regulations, individual Americans travelers will no longer be able to visit the island on what are known as people-to-people trips, a popular mode of travel introduced as part of Mr. Obama’s historic thaw. People-to-people trips will now be permitted only for groups and must be organized by a licensed tour operator.

Americans will also be barred from transactions with companies run by the Cuban military — a potentially significant restriction, given that many of Cuba’s branded hotels are managed by a military-owned conglomerate.

The Treasury Department went some way to clarify the new rules on Friday, writing in a statement that the changes would not apply to people who had already booked trips or to existing business deals with the military.

More info here:
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/trumps-cuba-policy-travel-island-48088657

Heading to charleston in a couple weeks

Hit up fleet landing downtown and get the stuffed hush puppies as an appetizer. Hell everything there is delicious tbh. Shem creek in mount pleasant is dope too some good restaurants and it's right on the water. Isle of palms is cleaner and nicer than folly but you'll have more fun at folly beach. King street downtown for shopping and bars. During the school year the bars are flooded with college kids but it's probably pretty calm now. If you need any other suggestions let me know that's my hometown

Last edited:
^ i really want to go to Charleston but it always seems too expensive.

Idk man. If I could fly for free to go anywhere in the US in the summer idk if it would be Alaska or Maine

You can go to the beaches of Florida almost any time of year. Mid-summer is the best time though for a place like Alaska.

That said, you can never go wrong with Hawaii, especially with the free airline ticket.

Just came from Montego Bay

My first time in the Caribbean besides cruises and now I'm in love, the water :wow:

Making it a mission to go to St. Lucia and Antigua next

Got back from 11 days in Greece. Visited Athens, Mykonos and Santorini.

Athens = Acropolis and corresponding museum, Parthenon, and Olympic stadium were my favorites. Food was great. Jewelry, typical tourist shops on every block. Overall the city is kind of, ehhh after you have been there for a while.

Mykonos - really beautiful. Smaller island - you can get across the whole island in less than 20 minutes on a ATV. The city itself has the typical tourist shops but also caters to high end clientele as well - Nobu, Hakassan, Rolex, Gucci and LV. Most food was all under 15 euros. I have been told that during the European holiday that place is a mad house and everything is more expensive.

Santorini - wine country. larger island. still drive-able but I rented a car. Has the sunset views and the typical white buildings with blue tops in the hillsides. Wednesday and Thursday are ship days so be prepared for the extra traffic. I was told that during high peak tourist season it can take over a hour to get across the main part of town because there are so many people in town. Also did a wine tour that was really informative - until the end when you are slightly buzzed and really don't care about taste and, 'full body flavor.'

Got back from 11 days in Greece. Visited Athens, Mykonos and Santorini.

Athens = Acropolis and corresponding museum, Parthenon, and Olympic stadium were my favorites. Food was great. Jewelry, typical tourist shops on every block. Overall the city is kind of, ehhh after you have been there for a while.

Mykonos - really beautiful. Smaller island - you can get across the whole island in less than 20 minutes on a ATV. The city itself has the typical tourist shops but also caters to high end clientele as well - Nobu, Hakassan, Rolex, Gucci and LV. Most food was all under 15 euros. I have been told that during the European holiday that place is a mad house and everything is more expensive.

Santorini - wine country. larger island. still drive-able but I rented a car. Has the sunset views and the typical white buildings with blue tops in the hillsides. Wednesday and Thursday are ship days so be prepared for the extra traffic. I was told that during high peak tourist season it can take over a hour to get across the main part of town because there are so many people in town. Also did a wine tour that was really informative - until the end when you are slightly buzzed and really don't care about taste and, 'full body flavor.'

So August wouldn't be an ideal time to visit these places then ?

So August wouldn't be an ideal time to visit these places then ?

I wouldn't recommend it - August is peak season for tourists, inflated prices and hot weather.

I would recommend visiting in Spring and early Summer or autumn from Sept to mid Oct. Just keep in mind that there are fewer boats and flights and shops and restaurants close by Oct.

It's fine, but if you want to get the most out of SF, I'd visit around October. SF has a late summer; if you go during June-August, it's actually still chilly at night (it's like that all over the Bay but especially in SF). During the fall you can walk around very comfortably at any time of the day.

I'd take SF's lack of a real summer over heat any day though. I live 15 mins outside of SF now, and that extra 10 degrees during this heat wave has been brutal :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom