Yunel Escobar is the most skilled SS in the NL east

You really can't go wrong, but your homer status in this post if you are really going to take Yunel over Hanley.

Hanley is that much better than every SS in the east offensively. But when you factor in defense, it becomes MUCH closer.

Originally Posted by thetruth03

And Hanley is MUCH better with the bat.
Not really.

The gap between their defensive abilities is exponentially wider than their offensive abilities.

Strictly speaking on what they can do at the plate, there isn't much of a difference. The fact that Hanley is so much faster benefits him.

exactly..

hanley is hitting .346 15 hrs 62 rbi's... compared to .310 11hrs and 57 rbi's... thats not that big of a gap, especially considering how fast hanley is as KLJ already mentioned..

Hanley is the better fantasy player.. Yunel is the better baseball player

You have LOST your #%@!$@! mind.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Henley Rmirez is TWICE the baseball player that Yunel is, you guys are acting like Yunel is some savant with the glove, Hanley had one bad year fielding wisebut for the most part he has been an average defensive shortstop and like the dude here UZR a pretty realible feilding stat rates Hanley as the betterdefensive short stop, he has just contracted this reputation that really isn't true.

Hanley is a top 5 player in baseball right now...Yunel is not on the same planet with hanley.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Yunel freaking Escobar...
roll.gif
roll.gif

Henley Rmirez is TWICE the baseball player that Yunel is, you guys are acting like Yunel is some savant with the glove, Hanley had one bad year fielding wise but for the most part he has been an average defensive shortstop and like the dude here UZR a pretty realible feilding stat rates Hanley as the better defensive short stop, he has just contracted this reputation that really isn't true.

Hanley is a top 5 player in baseball right now...Yunel is not on the same planet with hanley.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i guess all the rolling faces make you correct..

i shouldn't have even respond to you for thinking hanley is a better fielding short than yunel...
indifferent.gif
your stat charts are jokes

Yunel is a STUD.. you must not watch baseball

Henley Rmirez is TWICE the baseball player that Yunel is, you guys are acting like Yunel is some savant with the glove, Hanley had one bad year fielding wise but for the most part he has been an average defensive shortstop and like the dude here UZR a pretty realible feilding stat rates Hanley as the better defensive short stop, he has just contracted this reputation that really isn't true.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i guess all the rolling faces make you correct..

i shouldn't have even respond to you for thinking hanley is a better fielding short than yunel...
indifferent.gif
your stat charts are jokes

Yunel is a STUD.. you must not watch baseball

Yeah because you have watched both Hanley and Yunel every game to determine who is the better fielder? Please. I'll take UZR over yourpretend scouting.
laugh.gif

Is Yunel a top 5 player in this game, top 5? Top 10? Top 20?
Hanley is walking on a path too cooperstown? Is Yunel doing that?
roll.gif

Hanley is a legitimate franchise player, and Unless your name is Longoria, or Upton there isn't a young player with more talent and the fact that he playsshortstop makes him even more valuable.

Yeah because you have watched both Hanley and Yunel every game to determine who is the better fielder? Please. I'll take UZR over your pretend scouting.
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Hanley is a legitimate franchise player, and Unless your name is Longoria, or Upton there isn't a young player with more talent and the fact that he plays shortstop makes him even more valuable.

Hanley is a top 5 talent in the game... not top 5 player.. huge difference

And over course you would take UZR over my "pretend scouting" your a stat guy.. You come into posts simply to say "he's on my fantasyteam" and the majority of your posts have some sort of stat charts.. If UZR has hanley rated a better fielder than Yunel, that site is irrelevant andinvalid.. point blank period.

I dont give a F' about none of them charts.. I can judge talent w/ the best of em.. I've been seeing the best baseball players in the nation in personsince i was 15.. Dont get it confused, your just an internet stat guy...

Again, Yunel is plently underated.. He's a franchise short stop and will probably see a 100 million dollar contract in years to come.. along w/ hanley

Yunel is not on Hanleys level period and that's not taking anything away from Yunel.

there are only a handful of players that are as good as Hanley are, a HANDFUL.

Yunel is not on Hanleys level period and that's not taking anything away from Yunel.

there are only a handful of players that are as good as Hanley are, a HANDFUL.
as a hitter, yes..

But were talking about a complete short stop..

Clearly some of yall havent seen yunel play much..

I know mlb scouts/personel/players that agree w/ me.. so to act like its a ridiculous statement says a lot about your opinion..

surprised at the lack of Reyes love, I think if Hanley, Reyes, Escobar, Guzman, Rollins are all 100% healthy, Jose Reyes is the most skilled in terms ofoverall game. He is a .300 hitter, can hit 15-20 hr, plus plus speed, plus plus arm/range. Incredibly skilled.

Ramirez is the best hitter in the NL east. period.

Yeah because you have watched both Hanley and Yunel every game to determine who is the better fielder? Please. I'll take UZR over your pretend scouting.
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Hanley is a legitimate franchise player, and Unless your name is Longoria, or Upton there isn't a young player with more talent and the fact that he plays shortstop makes him even more valuable.

what the hell does that even mean? you're talking out of your *+#

yunel is a damn good ss. top5 in the league. but you're making yourself look stupid saying yunel is as good if not better than hanley.

I don't think its that crazy, but im still taking Hanley.

Yunel is a better fielder, but Hanley is average, he's nothing like people make him out to be.

Hanley will eventually start to consistently hit over 35 hr and drive in 100, I never seen Yunel hitting like him

laugh.gif

roll.gif

And over course you would take UZR over my "pretend scouting" your a stat guy.. You come into posts simply to say "he's on my fantasy team" and the majority of your posts have some sort of stat charts.. If UZR has hanley rated a better fielder than Yunel, that site is irrelevant and invalid.. point blank period.

I dont give a F' about none of them charts.. I can judge talent w/ the best of em.. I've been seeing the best baseball players in the nation in person since i was 15.. Dont get it confused, your just an internet stat guy...

Again, Yunel is plently underated.. He's a franchise short stop and will probably see a 100 million dollar contract in years to come.. along w/ hanley
This post is so ridiculously arrogant it's mind boggling, because the numbers don't agree with you, they are wrong. This is why DerekJeter, Nate Mclouth and Micheal Young win gold gloves.
laugh.gif

I will take empirical evidence over anecdotal every day, I'm just not that in love with myself to assume my eyes are right.
laugh.gif

Hanley is one of the top 5 best players in the game today, it's impossible to argue to the contrary.

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

surprised at the lack of Reyes love, I think if Hanley, Reyes, Escobar, Guzman, Rollins are all 100% healthy, Jose Reyes is the most skilled in terms of overall game. He is a .300 hitter, can hit 15-20 hr, plus plus speed, plus plus arm/range. Incredibly skilled.

Ramirez is the best hitter in the NL east. period.
As a Mets fan I'm starting to believe Reyes will never reach the level of success that he is capable of. Not a knock on him, but I don'tthink he's ever going to be a top 5 player in baseball.

This "discussion" is particularly hilarious because you have the statistic guy debating baseball with a baseball player.
roll.gif

Advantage: truth.

Play he did vs the Giants but runner was safe. Yunel makes great plays that go unnoticed he made a lot against the Giants and Mets this week and in most gameshe does them too whether it be a diving stop or long throw.

Yunel Escobar has really good range that he can make errors to the balls that he gets to because he may want to throw out the runners with his cannon armthat's why i don't look into those UZR stats.

Yunel can hit for good power, hits for average, great range/arm, he doesn't get stolen bases though, but (Homer Pick)�i'd still take him over all NL SSplus he is still being paid the minimum salary.

Hanley has the stolen base category on lock and is such an offensive beast that everyone will choose him over Yunel.

Yunel got that swagger bat flip
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

This "discussion" is particularly hilarious because you have the statistic guy debating baseball with a baseball player.
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

No way I would give the advantage to truth, dudes "homerism" is on another level. When his eyes fall in love with a player,
roll.gif

Just because someone is an athlete at a high level in that particular sport, DOES NOT make them a great talent evaluator. Example: Michael Jordan, GOAT, butas a GM/Owner his track record is terrible.
laugh.gif

I don't often agree with OKB, but I'm with him on this one.

Although, stats are not everything, you can't help but laugh at the "I play baseball, stats mean nothing" cats,
roll.gif
. Yes, teams are now looking at UZR, so it isn't just a stat geek thinganymore.

Yunel Escobar is a solid SS, but saying he is better than Hanley or more "complete".....
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
. I didn't play baseball past High School, but I watch a lot of it (likemost scouts
wink.gif
)

It really depends on the structure of the team. Hanley is no doubt the sexy choice and may be more tailored for a lineup looking for speed and power.

Escobar is all around an above average, consistent ball player. If a team is looking for defense and offensive efficiency then you'd probably go withYunel.

Yeah, well, here's the thing... if you think Escobar is the worst defender of the two, you're wrong. That's my biggest issue with this.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

No way I would give the advantage to truth, dudes "homerism" is on another level. When his eyes fall in love with a player,
roll.gif

thats true and all but when has dude been wrong?

roll.gif

Yeah because we all know playing the sport makes you the only one qualified to speak on the sport, that's why I will take Emmit Smith opinionover anybody on this forum. Becuase baseball players are synonymous with intelligence, reason and credible decision making, that's why former players makethe best GM's. Micheal Jordan is the best GM in basketball, that's why the Red Sox's should have never hired Theo Epstien and Bill James...

laugh.gif

Yeah because we all know playing the sport makes you the only one qualified to speak on the sport
I didn't say all that; I wouldn't put myself down like that.
laugh.gif

I just think I'll take truth's and my own judgments over the zone rating statistic. If you think Hanley is the better defensive player, press"rewind."

roll.gif

That point is actually pretty crappy because in that case 'Zeke Thomas would have been a great GM right? He's the basketball guy so heshould be a great evaluator way better than some statisician right?

Just cause you play the game doesn't mean you know #@*+ about evaluating talent or running a team as most GM's who were former players continuallyprove.

Back
Top Bottom