• V

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • VI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VII

• Total voters
For whoever's getting the Kobe's that's a great trade.

9 pairs of sneakers ( a complete set and a limited release) for 1 ugly hyped up pair which will have no meaning or value when the sneaker madness ends..?

Oh well... To each their own...

Because all it does is make other sellers over confident in prices they can get, and ruin it for dudes that actually want the shoe. Not everyone can willingly drop absurd amounts of money on kicks... Even if some dudes can, doesn't mean they want to.

Some people still stick around this culture for the love of the shoes, their favorite players, the limited amount of comradery that still exists, while others are just here to floss, and make a quick buck (or thousands) :rolleyes
no ones in it for the "right reasons" anymore.
I'll just quote this much of your post.... I myself am still in it for the love of kicks... I help people out for what I pay all the time. I don't expect the people I help out to return the favor (of course would be nice), i feel it will come back around sooner or later. Most of the time it does.

My p5 trade for example... I've helped dude out plenty of times asking nothing in return. He came back and traded my p5 sz 14 for an extra 13 he came across. He wouldn't even let me pay for shipping from him to me....

Trust me... There's a few good dudes out there... I try to be one of em when I can.

My comments aren't aimed at anyone personally... The state of the culture just has me angry.

I'm in it for the right reasons alp alp when I was young my mom wouldn't let me buy kicks. I would always look wish I was the kid that was able to get jays or the nicest kicks. And when I started getting into the culture I realized a lot of people get in it for the profit. That's why I joined NT because I felt like people shared the same interest in kicks that I shared. I can't say the same for all people but I don think you can say that about all people

There are no "right reasons" though. For you it may be buying to wear while someone buys em strictly to sell. Each person has a different outlook on the sneaker game and as long as they dont break the law buying the shoes I see no problem with it.

The "right reasons" for dudes that appreciate the sneaker culture, is to do it for the love of kicks, and to help the community. Not hurt the community.

Resellers have always, and will always be there. They're a necessary part of the culture. When dudes can't get online, and have nothing local, that's when the resellers do their part and make shoes accessible to the peeps that can't get em. I understand that, and have no problems with it. But when resellers come in and get greedy, robbing the true heads, that's where I have the problem.

You don't mind because either you have access to the shoes you want, or have access to something someone else wants and you can hit other dudes over the head with your crazy *** prices... Then turn around and get what you want because you just tripled your $$ on the pair you just sold. Not everyone has that same motive.

s dubl s dubl couldn't have said it any better myself. It's just the greed that gets me annoyed. Look at the sb thread before the tiff release and after it.

Dudes were helpful and always looking out for people before the tiffs dropped. The days and weeks leading up to it, you could see all the new accounts popping up because people were driven by greed to sell these at crazy prices.

Nobody wanted to post info because of fear of lurkers/ hypes/ resellers getting the info and keeping those who genuinely like the shoe to rock from getting them and causing them to pay rape prices. That small community within the thread was filled with NTers willing to help one another and soon people had to hide info just so they can cop shoes they like to wear.

I understand what alp alp is saying but there are right and wrong reasons to be into sneakers. Just watch the next time a really hyped release comes around and watch what happens in that thread you can tell what happens

9 pairs of sneakers ( a complete set and a limited release) for 1 ugly hyped up pair which will have no meaning or value when the sneaker madness ends..?

Oh well... To each their own...
To each their own indeed. I'd rather have the Prelude's any day, but then again I don't personally care for the red octobers.

I was able to get preludes 2 and 7 today in wat I feel like was a good trade for ds cherry 12s and vnds flu games and a bill, y'all think it would be hard to trade either for 1,4,5, or 8 in a 12?

Last edited:
To get the KB Pre 1s, you would have to give up both KB 2&7s plus 5-$700 cash on top. For the 4s, probably 2&7 straight across. For the KB5s

both KB 2&7 plus $3-$500 cash on top. For KB8 both KB 2&7 straight across, or KB2 + $4-$500 cash, or KB7 + $3-$450 for KB5. IMO.

KB1-$899-$1500

KB2-$350-$500

KB3-$330-$400

KB4-$450-$700

KB5-$480-$700

KB6-$550-$700

KB7-$450-$700

KB8-$450-$550

* note: Price will vary depending on sz.

Your prices are off...

I just saw a DS sz 13 3 go for $250 shipped a few hours ago. An 8 go for 375 few hours ago as well. Another 8 go for 360.... I've seen 1s go in the 600s too.

Not sure where you're getting these #s.

Last edited:
I pretty much just go off of Ebay and round it in the middle of lowest and highest price.

!s for $600 yea rite where Ill buy em rite now for that price. KBP1s havent been that low in price since the first week after release. 

Wheres that Prelude 1 at for $600?

well ya for a sz 8. Dude was looking for sz 12. I only buy sz I wear. Even if its to wear, collect, or sale. I only deal with sz 10.5 or 11.

I dont get sz's other than those 2 sz's. Like others cant get ther sz 11 so they'll get a 8-9.5 and be happy they got. Thats not me. If its

not 10.5 or 11 I just pretty much SOL.

just trade my kobe 9 masterpiece for prelude 4 same size no extra cash what so ever just straight swap :smokin

i'm very happy right now :nthat:

You all were not kidding about the detail of the 1s in person. Soooo nice, just picked mine up from the post office.

Last edited:
Prelude 1 might be my favorite Kobe shoe. Ever. No hypebeast nonsense, been around since the 1s.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom