Zoom Kobe Venomenon 4 - 12/13 US Release

I'm so excited to try these on court. I think. The cut is definitely the lowest a kobe has been IMO. It may be in my head but it feels as if the ankle has TOTAL freedom. Maybe it's because it's been a couple of months since I retired from 8s.
Could be.  The cut definitely looks very low.  I usually use the runner's loop with my lows which gives a little better heel lockdown.  Looks like I'll be doing that with these

I've never implemented runners loop into my lows.
nerd.gif

Never even crossed my mind actually
laugh.gif
mean.gif
I never had until someone gave me the idea.  Now it's almost common practice!  Could be mental, but I definitely feel a difference in security.  It's been especially helpful in my KB 8s, Vs and VIs

Give it a shot on court!

Last edited:
In my case I found the shoes to run about .5 too small.
I'm a natural size 13 in the Kobe's - all of them from the Zoom 1's through the Zoom 8's.
With these Venom's, the size 13 was absolutely too small. Went to a size 14 and while it's a little big it will
be rocked with an elite sock. If they made a sz 13.5 I think I would have had the perfect fit..
Hope your foot's different than mine...I've got a 14 and nowhere to size up
laugh.gif

The dude from Australia said they were true length-wise, which is all that matters to me.

encouraging news.

Stores never get anything around here to try on, and they NEVER get anything over a 13.

Another colorway coming.  Photo creds to @vtotheinay

View media item 693274

Super clean IMO :nthat:  

thanks for the photo creds man, if yall want more pics id be happy to post em. to be honest i hated playing in these at least for the first time. havent got around to using em again since wednesday. they were really stiff throughout the whole shoe. everyone that got em at the open run was taking em off in between games and trying to bend em to loosen em up. they just seem really sturdy which i guess isnt a bad thing haha. the nike rep that i was talking to about em said they had to sacrifice some comfort to make a shoe that was still affordable and durable. most of the guys that were there were overseas/ex d-1 players and about a handful switched out after 1 game to their original shoes. if you have any questions about em feel free to PM me or ask on here

I'm a natural size 13 in the Kobe's - all of them from the Zoom 1's through the Zoom 8's.
With these Venom's, the size 13 was absolutely too small. Went to a size 14 and while it's a little big it will
be rocked with an elite sock. If they made a sz 13.5 I think I would have had the perfect fit..

I figured as much. 13.5 is usually perfect for me so the 14 should do me right. Thanks

Did you get your order shipped?  I ordered mine today before the price change... I'd be really pissed if they cancelled my order, which I've heard them do before.
yea, they shipped mine yesterday. Should get it monday morning. Took them four days to ship them.

Anyone have a clue on the release dates on some of the other ones. I think I may be the minority when I say I wants these over the preludes

not sure if posted but the china exclusive CW is dope as hell

the quality on these are really nice

picked up a pair yesterday 
smokin.gif

Last edited:

crap, I hope thats length wise not width especially around the toes

I just noticed how you holding the shoes with your feet in the pics
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

love the detail on these, from the chinese pattern on the tongue to the logo on the back heel (not sure what it means though)

the toebox is a bit roomy but i find it more vertically roomy than it is wide

its also XDR which is a bonus

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom