*★*Official Chicago Bears Thread*★* return of the Monsters of the Midway 4-1 (2-0)

Dude, nobody need Chester Taylor to be a number one type running back so the point you're trying to make is moot

laugh.gif

How is it moot? The point that the people in the article are trying to make is that even as a backup Chester declined last year. That wasn't as a #1 it was as a #2 (a backup). No one said he needed to be a #1. I don't know what you're talking about. According to the article, his average numbers as the #2 declined last year in Minnesota, so what do you think will happen with yet another year under his belt in Chicago as the #2?

And we haven't even gotten to the shambles that is is your offensive line. The Vikings offensive line wasn't anything to brag about this past year....but it was still a clear step up from Chicago's.

Either way, I heard rumblings that Martz may try to feature Chester more than Forte because apparently Chester fits his system better. I don't know the validity to that though.

Originally Posted by JPZx

^ How's that Best QB/RB combo coming for you by the way?
hmmm talking about fairweather fans/bringing up the past in this argument... at least I wasnt the one to ask another group of fans permission to leave my own team to become fans of that other particular team because my team sucks... but hey i guess it takes one to know one, right??
nerd.gif
wink.gif

and the best QB/RB combo would look alot better behind a content offensive line
laugh.gif
(SARCASM)... and i believe i said best young QB/RB combo not best right now, not sure though. but realtalk though they would be an elite young combo with a functional Oline... i mean it killed Cutler cause he was always running around out of the pocket causing + interceptions, and it killed Forte cause he couldnt get a breath of running room before being tackled by 2 linemen 
sick.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by THE GR8

^ How's that Best QB/RB combo coming for you by the way?
hmmm talking about fairweather fans/bringing up the past in this argument... at least I wasnt the one to ask another group of fans permission to leave my own team to become fans of that other particular team because my team sucks... but hey i guess it takes one to know one, right??
nerd.gif
wink.gif
No amount of drunk/highness can forgive this.
indifferent.gif

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4664452/bears-turn-focus-to-college-pro-days
[*]Monday, March 8: Utah Player to watch: Robert Johnson, FS, Utah:At 6-foot-2 and nearly 200 pounds, Johnson projects as a centerfield-type in zone coverage. Although his man-to-man coverage skillshave been questioned, Johnson had 13 interceptions over the last threeseasons, six in his final year at Utah. That should be music to theBears' ears, since they only got one pick (Danieal Manning) from thesafety position in 2009.

pimp.gif

Not surprised one bit that this was made POST big signings....last year's was post Cutler trade too I believe.

Except a few (aRog) NT Bears fans are fairweathers, I tell ya.
smh.gif

Sup.

I'm not the only one.....

We need a free safety hopefully will get oj atogwe from the rams and get the guard that just got release from the colts I dont think WR a big need but it would not hurt if we add another 1.......... and I think if favre doesn't come back then the vikings are gonna take 4 steps back

bears made some good moves, not enough yet...but at least we're still better than the lions on paper

signed FB eddie williams

released RB kevin jones(no shock there)

peppers will indeed wear number 90 i hope jarron gilbert hasnt come to like that number to much
laugh.gif

side note peppers should at least get him a gift
laugh.gif

if i missed something feel free to jump in

How y'all already have D.J. Moore (who didn't play a snap last season?) and then sign Tim Jennings?
laugh.gif

I won't even point out that he was almost solely responsible for letting Brandon Marshall catch 22 passes in one game.

[h3]
[h3]Manning's move sure to get attentionhttp://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4664529/mannings-moves-sure-to-get-attention[/h3]

Danieal Manning definitely has the Bears' attention after his agent Russel Hicks informed the Tribune’s Vaughn McClure that Manning may be absent from offseason workouts beginning March 29.

Really, this shouldn't have come as a shock to the Bears, since Manning was given a less-than-glamorous $1.176 million restricted free agent tender. There have been some bumps in the road during Manning's Bears career, but let's not forget, he's athletic enough to play free safety, strong safety, cornerback, nickel back and return kicks. Manning has started 40 games over four seasons, and if you believe the Bears, may open up the 2010 campaign at strong safety. From a football standpoint, it seems odd to place such a low tender on a player you envision having a big role in the upcoming season, doesn't it? On the other hand, from a business standpoint, it makes perfect sense.

But those two conflicting messages still lead me back to one basic question -- do the Bears want to keep Manning?

I truly believe coach Lovie Smith wants Manning to be in a Bears uniform. However, I can't say the same for Jerry Angelo, who feels Manning lacks certain instincts on the field. So who wins out in the end?

This situation could play out in several ways. The Bears could decide they value Manning enough to tack on some extra money to his tender amount of $1.176. Or they could do nothing. Or maybe a team decides to sign a Manning to an offer sheet and give up a third round pick -- so far there's been no activity on that front.

One thing I've learned over the years; if a player wants to report, he'll report. So the decision to sign the injury waiver and attend the workouts at the end of the month is entirely up to Manning. Agents work for the players, not the other way around, and I highly doubt Hicks would stand in the way if Manning wants to show up.

I highly doubt Manning will say much publicly on the matter -- that's really not his style -- but there comes a time when a player gets tired of being disrespected. We may have reached that point.
[/h3]

laugh.gif
smh.gif
@ them with the super low ball

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

If its not a move to help the o line, receiving core or the secondary... I really could care less.
This is so full of correctness. I could not agree more.

If its not a move to help the o line, receiving core or the secondary... I really could care less.
i understand your pain but im just trying to keep the thread updated with moves they making

Originally Posted by CasperJr

i understand your pain but im just trying to keep the thread updated with moves they making

laugh.gif
nah Cas you're on you're job I just wish the organization was as diligent
tired.gif

Bears Regular Season Schedule (All times Eastern)
Week 1: Sunday, Sep. 12, Detroit, 1:00 PM
Week 2: Sunday, Sep. 19, at Dallas, 1:00 PM
Week 3: Monday, Sep. 27, Green Bay, 8:30 PM
Week 4: Sunday, Oct. 3, at NY Giants, 8:20 PM
Week 5: Sunday, Oct. 10, at Carolina, 1:00 PM
Week 6: Sunday, Oct. 17, Seattle, 1:00 PM
Week 7: Sunday, Oct. 24, Washington, 1:00 PM
Week 8: BYE
Week 9: Sunday, Nov. 7, at Buffalo, 1:00 PM
Week 10: Sunday, Nov. 14, Minnesota, 1:00 PM
Week 11: Thursday, Nov. 18, at Miami, 8:20 PM
Week 12: Sunday, Nov. 28, Philadelphia, 1:00 PM