☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Chris Paul took that Hornets team from last year to 50 Wins... I expect this clippers squad to do the same

Also on the East i fully expect the Knicks to be a top three team and witht the addition of chandler and maybe one more guard added They can beat anyone in the east

Reports say the impact of this trade may have greater effects across the league. Outraged at the news that another team might end up having more point guards than them, Minnesota has decided to make a move for newly-amnestied Baron Davis.

Stockton and Malone 2.0

Spoiler [+]
Not really but the clips are gonna be fun as hell to watch

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Not trying to troll or anything, but.....
What makes this team that much different than the 07-08 and 08-09 Hornets when they had Paul, Mo Pete, Peja, West and Chandler? Peja was good for about 17 a game, West was good for about 20 and 9. Chandler was Chandler. Those 3 guys just may add up to the same production Butler, Griffin and Jordan would give you. Of course, Griffin's game may reach an elite level playing with CP3. Paul was probably a little better back then as well (pre-injury). They did almost make the WCF as well.

At this point, I say the Clippers make it to the 2nd round and depending on who they play, the WCF may be a realistic goal. As of now (before seeing any teams on the court), I still think OKC and Memphis are better once you factor in chemistry and being top defensive teams. I'm all for better competition though because I'm tired of seeing the same teams compete. The new contenders out West can be the Clippers, Memphis and OKC compared to the Lakers, Spurs and Mavs. It'll be good to see you.
There is no difference it's the same team just this one will have more flashy dunks but will still not be a serious title contender.
The only difference is Blake Griffin and maybe Caron Butler. Butler's defense alone puts him over Peja. The only question is can he knock down 3s like he was before the injury.
Blake is a safe bet to take that next step playing next to Chris Paul. He already did 22/12/4. With Chris Paul he could end up Top 3-5 in scoring along with those 12 boards and 4 assists. I'm guessing he does something like 26/12/4 on similar shooting percentages with marginal improvement on defense. If he works on shooting FTs/from 10-15 ft I really don't see how you stop dude.

Not-so-bold prediction: The Clippers will have a better record than the Knicks.

Originally Posted by marath0n

Reports say the impact of this trade may have greater effects across the league. Outraged at the news that another team might end up having more point guards than them, Minnesota has decided to make a move for newly-amnestied Baron Davis.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

yeah the Clippers talk is kinda premature.... look at who their coach is first of all.

Monty Williams >>> Del Negro. In addition to what CP was doing Monty had that Hornets squad playing sum of the best defense in the league last year, wit a average to below average roster.

Maybe Jerry Sloan sees Stockton/Malone when he looks at the Clippers and gets that itch or sumtin but wit Del Negro I think those dudes may find a way to underachieve

Originally Posted by PMatic

1323909973-U12230.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
YO. the clippers visited my work today for some event and eric gordon was there. ESPN dropped the news right when they all arrived, and i think he got the call while he was there. he didn't look happy.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JD617

Being that this team hasn't played yet, on paper they have very similar depth with two stars as the Knicks.

There's a difference between a top 5 player in the league (CP3) paired with a guy who will probably be top 10 this year (Blake) and two guys in the 15-20 range (Amare and Melo).
You don't think Carmelo Anthony is a top 10 player in the league? Really?

At best Utah in the late 80's til the mid 90's.....
Its not a slight on those Utah teams, nor a slight on Griffin or Paul.
Its just that you cannot put a power forward, and a PG together with average to below average players at every other position and expect to be a top flight team.
I thought they were a 7th or 8 seed before, they are a 4 to 6 seed now.
Suddenly Billups is a great move, cause they don't have to test Paul's knee going hard for 36 minutes a game in this compressed schedule.

Serious title contender status? No but improvement? Yeah, baring moves being made they are the third most talented of the OKC, Memphis and themselves group, they don't have the same chemistry or distinct game plan. And Blake as of right now isn't a guy who you feed on the post ad demand a move.
I said the trade was useless with out Gordon still in LA, and I'm right. At bare minimum the guy is a 3rd option on a title winner. You would figure that Gordon would carry them along with Blake during the regular season, and Paul would be able to come in and take over playoff series.
Now your third option is Caron Butler. That's no bueno. 10 years in and he hasn't proven he can be a 3rd option on a title contender. He single handedly sunk Dallas in 09-10. An S&T for a guy like Nick Young cannot be far off imo.

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Being that this team hasn't played yet, on paper they have very similar depth with two stars as the Knicks.

There's a difference between a top 5 player in the league (CP3) paired with a guy who will probably be top 10 this year (Blake) and two guys in the 15-20 range (Amare and Melo).

Nope

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

In no particular order:

Lebron
Dwight
Wade
Durant
Rose
Paul
Deron
Dirk
Kobe
Griffin

Originally Posted by tyisny

Chris Paul took that Hornets team from last year to 50 Wins... I expect this clippers squad to do the same

Also on the East i fully expect the Knicks to be a top three team and witht the addition of chandler and maybe one more guard added They can beat anyone in the east

Slow down lulz

so...

when is modells doing their 40% off sale and when are authentic nba jerseys going back on the site?

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Its just that you cannot put a power forward, and a PG together with average to below average players at every other position and expect to be a top flight team.
Every position? 
Deandre Jordan is certainly above average. 

Caron Butler might be slightly below average.

Randy Foye is below averag

Chris Paul and Blake Griffin are top couple at their position.

I'm not saying this team is a contender right now, but I think people are over rating the west and the nba as a whole. They need bench guys and some more defense, but they still have guys they can move and some trade exceptions to work with. I think they can be close to top flight out West, IF they make a few more moves.

and they don't have to worry about Jordan and Chicago.

[table][tr][td]WP48[/td][td]PTS[/td][td]REB[/td][td]AST[/td][td]TO[/td][td]BLK[/td][td]STL[/td][td]PF[/td][/tr][tr][td]Paul[/td][td].375[/td][td]21.1[/td][td]5.4[/td][td]13.0[/td][td]2.9[/td][td]0.1[/td][td]3.1[/td][td]3.3[/td][/tr][tr][td]Average PG[/td][td].100[/td][td]19.8[/td][td]4.6[/td][td]8.6[/td][td]3.5[/td][td]0.2[/td][td]1.6[/td][td]3.3[/td][/tr][/table][h3]SHOOTING COMPARISON[/h3][table][tr][td][/td][td]FG%[/td][td]2FG%[/td][td]3FG%[/td][td]FT%[/td][td]eFG%[/td][td]TS%[/td][td]FTA[/td][/tr][tr][td]Paul[/td][td]46.3%[/td][td]48.2%[/td][td]38.8%[/td][td]87.8%[/td][td]50.2%[/td][td]57.8%[/td][td]6.4[/td][/tr][tr][td]Average PG[/td][td]43.2%[/td][td]47.7%[/td][td]35.6%[/td][td]82.5%[/td][td]47.8%[/td][td]53.2%[/td][td]4.8

[table][tr][td]Rank[/td][td]Name[/td][td]Team[/td][td]Position[/td][td]Adj.P48[/td][td]WP48[/td][td]Wins
Produced[/td][td]Rank
Classic[/td][td]WP48
Classic[/td][td]Wins 
Produced
Classic[/td][/tr][tr][td]1[/td][td]Chris Paul[/td][td]New Orleans[/td][td]1.00[/td][td]0.401[/td][td]0.309[/td][td]18.4[/td][td]3[/td][td]0.335[/td][td]20.0[/td][/tr][tr][td]2[/td][td]Dwight Howard[/td][td]Orlando[/td][td]5.00[/td][td]0.498[/td][td]0.301[/td][td]18.4[/td][td]2[/td][td]0.374[/td][td]22.9[/td][/tr][tr][td]3[/td][td]Kevin Love[/td][td]Minnesota[/td][td]4.22[/td][td]0.500[/td][td]0.335[/td][td]18.2[/td][td]1[/td][td]0.457[/td][td]24.9[/td][/tr][tr][td]4[/td][td]LeBron James[/td][td]Miami[/td][td]3.19[/td][td]0.370[/td][td]0.270[/td][td]17.2[/td][td]4[/td][td]0.307[/td][td]19.6[/td][/tr][tr][td]5[/td][td]Dwyane Wade[/td][td]Miami[/td][td]2.00[/td][td]0.311[/td][td]0.253[/td][td]14.9[/td][td]5[/td][td]0.278[/td][td]16.3[/td][/tr][/table]

http://wagesofwins.com/

[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Every position? 

I'm not saying this team is a contender right now, but I think people are over rating the west and the nba as a whole. They need bench guys and some more defense, but they still have guys they can move and some trade exceptions to work with. I think they can be close to top flight out West, IF they make a few more moves.

DeAndre Jordan is certainly above average, but Caron Butler is below average? What the *$*!?

Every position? 

I didn't even mention those 97 and 98 Jazz teams though, Those mid 80's to late 90's teams didn't get out of the west.
I like Vinny in a few wayss as a coach, but he isnt a game day guy. He is a great guy for getting guys to learn how to be pro's.
They are a coaching change away, as well as 2 pieces away from being a title contender.  Even with Jordan and Griffin's improvement.

Like Sneaker Pro said, that Knee at 31....  21000 minutes. At best he is a year away from being close to what he was.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Every position? 

DeAndre Jordan is certainly above average, but Caron Butler is below average? What the *$*!?

Until we see the knee I'd bet he will be.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Every position? 

Until we see the knee I'd bet he will be.
I don't think he gets signed if the knee was a problem. Basically he's getting paid to do what Luol did for the Bulls last season. Play good defense, move off the ball, and hit some 3s. 

You think Blake Griffin is better than Carmelo Anthony after one season?

I'd advise Melo and Knicks fans to not even bother.

He might not be "better", but I'd rather play with Blake any day of the week. And I bet you most of the league would agree with me.

Back
Top Bottom