☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

I said maybe below average because of the knee + little playing time last year. He should be a nice complement for Blake and Cp3 though.

Plus if he can knock down open 3's, that is what they really need.

I'd rather have Blake Griffin than Carmelo Anthony. That was his rookie season last year. Watch what he does this year. 26/14 should be a reasonable expectation for him. He's the LeBron of PF's just like Rose is the LeBron of PG's and Dwight is the LeBron of C's. That type of athleticism kills.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

You think Blake Griffin is better than Carmelo Anthony after one season?

I'd advise Melo and Knicks fans to not even bother.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by marath0n

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Originally Posted by JD617

There's a difference between a top 5 player in the league (CP3) paired with a guy who will probably be top 10 this year (Blake) and two guys in the 15-20 range (Amare and Melo).
You don't think Carmelo Anthony is a top 10 player in the league? Really?

In no particular order:

Lebron
Dwight
Wade
Durant
Rose
Paul
Deron
Dirk
Kobe
Griffin

So you put Deron Williams before Carmello Anthony? Sure.

I think at bare minimum he was more efficient. Going forward, its no question. The gap between 10- 20 isn't as big as the gap between 6- 10 as far as the best players.
Blake at 10, and Melo at 11-13 isn't an insult at all. And top 10 list aren't the best measure.
I would say, that the top 8 guys in the league can lead their teams to titles as the lead guy. That to me is defined as a guy who can do it without another top 30 guy on the team. But to get away with this you need at minimum 6 guys in the top 75.
9-20 need another top 30 guy, 21-30 need a top 30 guy and another top 50 guy.
With everyone being jammed together, its harder to define, but those have been generally the laws since 1980. Teams have figured out that its easier to get 2 top 30 guys together than it is to find 6 top 75 guys, or 3-4 top 50 guys.

Deron Williams is without question a better player than Carmelo Anthony. Even if you think both are defensive liabilities, Williams is less of one. That alone makes it Williams.

What the hell did I walk into. Prisoners of the moment.

I'll wait a couple years before I crown Blake Griffin the best player ever.

The Clippers thread has 6 pages
laugh.gif
Watch it grow with bandwagoners when the season starts.
pimp.gif
All eyes on them this season.

Hmm Melo not top 10? And Blake after 1 season is already top 10?

Melo is one of the best all around offensive players in the league, granted he doesn't defend, but that has more to do with his personality and effort than his ability.

Blake had a monster rookie year, but we have to remember where he was playing last year.... No one was playing them tough. If he can consistently put those numbers up on a contending team I will reconsider him as a possible top 10 player. There is a big difference in putting up numbers on a bad team compared to putting the same numbers up on a contending team.

On paper I would say the Clips should be right around 4-5. But nothing is concrete until we see how they play. How will Jordan play in a role where he has to play at a high level every night, staying out of foul trouble. Can Caron come back and be the Caron he has been in the past? Lot of questions still about this team. They have some guys with value on the roster that aren't going to get minutes and it is extremely important for them to get some more pieces to help solidify this team. The only concrete thing we can say about this team, assuming they stay healthy, is that it will be very fun to watch.

Melo reminds me of Dirk a bit. Everyone knew he was good just never really gave him the props he deserves and put other players above him. Once he wins a championship, all you're gonna hear is "best SF in the league, he was always great" type talk similarly to how everyone all of a sudden jumped on the dirk bandwagon (and he deserves it).

Oh and Melo > Amare > Blake

Originally Posted by HankMoody

I'd rather have Blake Griffin than Carmelo Anthony. That was his rookie season last year. Watch what he does this year. 26/14 should be a reasonable expectation for him. He's the LeBron of PF's just like Rose is the LeBron of PG's and Dwight is the LeBron of C's. That type of athleticism kills.

and melo had a better rookie season than lebron. so what? 
leme know when blake can create his own shot. he's a human highlight. that's all for now. yall wanna crown him like stern did with that kia garbage. i'm gonna enjoy watching him grow i think he's a very good player. but i mean first i have to stomach karl malone references and noe he's better than melo. it's nonsense at this point

way too premature 

Originally Posted by DubA169

leme know when blake can create his own shot. he's a human highlight. that's all for now. yall wanna crown him like stern did with that kia garbage. i'm gonna enjoy watching him grow i think he's a very good player. but i mean first i have to stomach karl malone references and noe he's better than melo. it's nonsense at this point
way too premature 

That's how I've felt.

This Blake-Melo thing is gonna be good for a laugh a few months from now.

so CP giving him picture perfect passes will make him a better player than melo? k. 
I mean you always didnt like melo so i know it's not a knicks hate thing with you specifically. i'm not even ready to confirm he's much better than amare even. i need to see more. everyone cracked jokes on paul pierce and dirk for years. one huge run in the playoffs and melo can be a myth too.

but i think it's ridiculous to say he's better than melo at the moment.. melo didn't even miss the playoffs as a rookie in a stacked conference.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Melo reminds me of Dirk a bit. Everyone knew he was good just never really gave him the props he deserves and put other players above him. Once he wins a championship, all you're gonna hear is "best SF in the league, he was always great" type talk similarly to how everyone all of a sudden jumped on the dirk bandwagon (and he deserves it).

Oh and Melo > Amare > Blake
indifferent.gif

Melo will never be brought up as the best SF in the league. Doesn't matter how many ships he wins. Lebron is still breathing and so is Durant.

Amare is a better shooter than Blake. That's it. Other than that there's no argument for Amare. Blake's a far better rebounder and passer. Both blow as defenders.

CP3 > Melo > Blake > Amare

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

way too premature 

That's how I've felt.

You guys sound dumb when you criticize the Malone comparisons. Karl in the 80's couldn't create his own shot at all. Not to mention that Stockton created the vast majoirty of his shots in his career. Now  Karl averaged a ton of points, but so did Amar'e before he was distinctly good at creating how own shots ( and the Knee) What people fail to understand that the Malone's,  Amar'e' and the Griffin's of the world always will be able to score big at the beginning of their career. Not being required to give them significant post touches makes an offense flow better. When guys like Nash, Stockton are feeding you with a good amount of shooters, and you have no post presence the lane is open all the time.

That's why Howard is looking for an elite passing pg. He is the same type of player, whom is just a dominant athlete.
The thing that separates Howard is that even before last season, he had enough of a post game where a Paul could have let him average 25-30.
Where as Malone didn't get the post game til was 34. Amar'e still doesn't really have it consistently, and Griffin has no semblance of it.

About KD....  We all know Melo iso's too much, but although he is more efficient is he really that guy like Melo where you want him taking the last shot?
With Melo you can put him in space and count on a decent look. For all his ball handling, and supposed isolation prowess. I wouldn't dare match him up one on one with the very good wing defenders with the game on the line. I said this all summer. Russell Westbrook, and the Thunder struggle with the fact that its generally thought that Durant is the guy you go to in the clutch. But Russell has a better chance of getting a good attempt if the sets Brooks craft's up don't work. You could say the same thing about Bron, but he is great in iso situations most of the game.
None of them shoot a great percentage on the lest second shots, but If Melo were ever to curtail his ball stopping instincts he could be distinctly better than KD.

This Blake-Melo thing is gonna be good for a laugh a few months from now.

so CP giving him picture perfect passes will make him a better player than melo? k. 
I mean you always didnt like melo so i know it's not a knicks hate thing with you specifically. i'm not even ready to confirm he's much better than amare even. i need to see more. everyone cracked jokes on paul pierce and dirk for years. one huge run in the playoffs and melo can be a myth too.

but i think it's ridiculous to say he's better than melo at the moment.. melo didn't even miss the playoffs as a rookie in a stacked conference.

I remember two years ago I made a post saying Durant was better than Carmelo and people were outraged and I strongly feel this will end the same.

How I see it..
Blake can be the best player in the NBA, truly believe that.  He's 22 and possess athleticism that is unreal.  He is a great teammate, good guy and hard-working.  In a league that where big men rule, he has the potential to be the best of the bunch.  He still needs to get there but no combanation flows better than a skilled PF and beast of a PG.  If this was an NBA 2k12 fantasy draft where I was constructing my team, he might be my first pick. I really believe in this kid that much.  He put up one of the most exciting years we've seen from a young guy since Bron and I can't wait to see him develop.  To be frank, I wouldn't put him to take that next step this year and become a top 5 guy in the league, especially playing with someone as dynamic as Paul.  I couldn't think of two better teammates and two better guys to pair together.  It should be unreal.

But with that said, you have to work to earn yours in this league.  And he hasn't done that yet.  So as for now he can't be in that group although he really should be.  Just the politics of the sport.

Now with regards to Melo.  Melo is top 15 in the league and we haven't seen him reach that stage yet that he can reach.  His game isn't based of his athleticism and I truly beleive he will be a guy who gets better as he ages.  When he is ON, I don't think there is a more scary guy in the league to have to defend.  I know KD gets slobbered till the death and is the better player for now, but Melo can do things cause of his body type than KD can't for now.  Melo in a playoff series is a deadly matchup.  His biggest problem has been his maturity.  He has been stupid, petulant and a bad teammate at times.  He is hood and does @#%%$%$ @+#+ at times which a player of his caliber should not do.  But guys get more mature as they older and I think from what I've seen in the interviews with him that is finally starting.  Being in NYC, you are constantly under the public eye and you have to learn how to conduct yourself and what to say and he is starting to learn that.

Melo has talked about getting better on D and contributing more in other ways which is what holds him back.  He has the potential to be a good defender.  Paul Pierce wasn't a good defender until he was joined by the other two.  Grant Hill became an ace defender when he was in his late 30's.  I see potential in Melo to do the same. He plays great D on LeBron whenever he plays him.  Its a motivation thing.  His historical comparison is often mention as Bernard King who had his best season as a Knick when he was 29. Melo is 27.  I think we are still yet to see the best years from the guy while I'm not sure you can say that about the other guys of his generation. I think Melo in the next couple years will have that year to place him in that elite group.  The potential is there.

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

Why does everyone think the Wolves pick will be guaranteed top 5???

roll.gif
 I don't know why this is funny to me.

And oh joy...the Durant/Melo comparisons are back. 
eyes.gif

*waits for someone to say Durant's has STELLAR defense and a better offensive game than Melo* 

Back
Top Bottom