☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by Executive76

Durant To Play More Power Forward
Dec 15, 2011 9:13 AM EST

Kevin Durant spent time playing power forward last season, Thunder coach Scott Brooks said we could see Durant get more minutes at that spot this season.

“His post-up game, we are going to continue to build on that,â€

Originally Posted by melofan15

so did chris sign an extension or is he still a fa at season's end?
I don't have the terms right, but CP3 agreed not to opt out early. So his contract runs until the end of the 2013 season, the Clippers have him for two seasons and then he becomes a free agent. For the other person asking, Eric Bledsoe isn't going to New Orleans.

Free agent forwards Carl Landry and Jason Smith are both currently mulling offers to re-sign with the New Orleans Hornets, their agent Mark Bartelstein said Wednesday night, and likely will decide whether to accept the deals sometime Thursday now that the Chris Paul trade to the Clippers has been consummated.
Look out.
If the Hornets are patient over the course of these next two years, it is within reason to see them walk into the summer of 2013 with Gordon, Aminu, three lottery picks on rookie contracts, four or five additional young assets, and over twenty five million dollars in cap space to go after a free agency class that could include Stephen Curry, Tyreke Evans, James Harden, Serge Ibaka, Kevin Love, Brook Lopez, Russell Westbrook, and some guy named Chris Paul.

Combine that with the fact that 2013 will be the first season that the NBA will be going to their more punitive luxury tax formula, and cap space will be twice as valuable as it is currently.
Chris tweet:
THANK YOU NEW ORLEANS for 6 of the BEST years of my life...to the organization, my teammates, coaches, and the fans you will always be my family and have a special place in my heart!!!

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by Executive76

Durant To Play More Power Forward
Dec 15, 2011 9:13 AM EST

Kevin Durant spent time playing power forward last season, Thunder coach Scott Brooks said we could see Durant get more minutes at that spot this season.

“His post-up game, we are going to continue to build on that,â€

I guess because they tried that against Memphis and it didn't seem successful. Like mike said, it depends on who they are matched up against. Most of the time they put Cook in with Westbrook, Harden, Durant and Ibaka/Perkins. The only thing Memphis did was put Zbo on Cook because he's no threat to slash to the bucket.

I'm sure most teams would use this strategy rather than have your PF guard him.

I cant believe no other teams made a move for Carl Landy. He seems like a Celtics type guy. Lakers could have used him. Nets, Knicks? Just surprised, thought he could be a great 7th or 8th player for a contender.

Don't know why the Lakers haven't looked at him seeing as we gave away the 6th man of the year for Casper the Friendly Ghost+don't have Bynum for the 1st 5 games+Character is out for 4-6 weeks, so we literally have at most 2 bigs to start the season.

KLJ you think Gordon will stay in NO long term?

Hell if I know. Being the best player on a team, and the prospect of that promising future with two or three lottery picks and a ton of cap space has to be intriguing, right? It's not winning now, but it could be a lot of winning, long-term.
I cant believe no other teams made a move for Carl Landy.
He does have other offers, apparently.

Love, Beasley, Williams, Rubio, JJ, whatever other filler.  What if that team improves, and that pick becomes pick #10?  Paul for Gordon and the 10th pick, plus freed up cash for Kaman, that's a win?  They're going to win 15 games this season, and the NBA thinks it did something here? 
laugh.gif

I heard a dude on the radio say the pick could be the #1 pick since it's Minny, but no one has looked around and thought, what if Minny doesn't suck as much as usual?  Then what? 

Maybe since the 2012 draft will be so deep, they feel that it is a win. Two potential top 10 picks probably are more valuable this year than most.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Love, Beasley, Williams, Rubio, JJ, whatever other filler.  What if that team improves, and that pick becomes pick #10?  Paul for Gordon and the 10th pick, plus freed up cash for Kaman, that's a win?  They're going to win 15 games this season, and the NBA thinks it did something here? 
laugh.gif

I heard a dude on the radio say the pick could be the #1 pick since it's Minny, but no one has looked around and thought, what if Minny doesn't suck as much as usual?  Then what? 
You and I both know Minnesotas card is already in the freezer.

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif

Even if the trade is Eric Gordon for CP3 and the 10th pick that's still better than what most superstars go for.

Wow, forget my previous post., Shawne Williams took the same deal the Knicks offered, 5 mil for 2 years. He got upset over the Knicks focusing on Jamal Crawford mostly.

I'm sure he did. Going after Crawford was very dumb and you could see this coming from a mile away

Originally Posted by Durden7

You and I both know Minnesotas card is already in the freezer.
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Damn, in all my anti Stern, I always forget to mention Clev getting the 1 with Bron coming, or Clev getting the 1 after Bron left. 
laugh.gif

To clarify, CP3 has only this year guaranteed in his contract.

The following year is a player option, which I guess has been reported he will opt into.

Now, is that just a verbal agreement on CP3's part or is he locked in for the following year.

Back
Top Bottom