☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by marath0n

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Originally Posted by JD617

There's a difference between a top 5 player in the league (CP3) paired with a guy who will probably be top 10 this year (Blake) and two guys in the 15-20 range (Amare and Melo).
You don't think Carmelo Anthony is a top 10 player in the league? Really?

In no particular order:

Lebron
Dwight
Wade
Durant
Rose
Paul
Deron
Dirk
Kobe
Griffin
LMAO. Griffin over Melo?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
You can't be serious. Do you think griffin would've been able to take the nuggets to the playoffs every year? Do you think that griffin can honestly lead a team anywhere right now? Talk about prisoner of the moment....

Originally Posted by wcghost

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

laugh.gif
 @ Blake not giving a damn about who was traded in the deal.
roll.gif
seriously.... while Deandre (who previously wanted to sign w/ GSW) is trying to be all serious
laugh.gif
Lob City
23jn1ir.gif

DJ never really wanted to go there.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I think he'll cut the weight though, look slimmer already to me.  Paul Pierce is a guy who has always looked chubby and has managed to age gracefully so I don't see why Melo couldn't do the same.

paul know how to preserve his body like the god andre miller 

You all know for a fact if Blake was on the knicks he would be an injury prone, overrated, bum who plays no defense. Who has a loser mentality as evidenced by how many wins his team had

the NBA wants to make this guy a superstar and he will be getting some ridiculous special treatment by the refs.

Did the NBA really take out that whole Reggie miller type swing your arms shot? I read about it but it got drowned out by all the huge news. If so, Durant's game is gonna suffer. He gets 6 points off that garbage every game.

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

I think he'll cut the weight though, look slimmer already to me.  Paul Pierce is a guy who has always looked chubby and has managed to age gracefully so I don't see why Melo couldn't do the same.

paul know how to preserve his body like the god andre miller 

Iono why, but this caught me waaaaaaaay offguard
roll.gif

How I see it..
Blake can be the best player in the NBA, truly believe that.  He's 22 and possess athleticism that is unreal.  He is a great teammate, good guy and hard-working.  In a league that where big men rule, he has the potential to be the best of the bunch.  He still needs to get there but no combanation flows better than a skilled PF and beast of a PG.  If this was an NBA 2k12 fantasy draft where I was constructing my team, he might be my first pick. I really believe in this kid that much.  He put up one of the most exciting years we've seen from a young guy since Bron and I can't wait to see him develop.  To be frank, I wouldn't put him to take that next step this year and become a top 5 guy in the league, especially playing with someone as dynamic as Paul.  I couldn't think of two better teammates and two better guys to pair together.  It should be unreal.

But with that said, you have to work to earn yours in this league.  And he hasn't done that yet.  So as for now he can't be in that group although he really should be.  Just the politics of the sport.

Now with regards to Melo.  Melo is top 15 in the league and we haven't seen him reach that stage yet that he can reach.  His game isn't based of his athleticism and I truly beleive he will be a guy who gets better as he ages.  When he is ON, I don't think there is a more scary guy in the league to have to defend.  I know KD gets slobbered till the death and is the better player for now, but Melo can do things cause of his body type than KD can't for now.  Melo in a playoff series is a deadly matchup.  His biggest problem has been his maturity.  He has been stupid, petulant and a bad teammate at times.  He is hood and does @#%%$%$ @+#+ at times which a player of his caliber should not do.  But guys get more mature as they older and I think from what I've seen in the interviews with him that is finally starting.  Being in NYC, you are constantly under the public eye and you have to learn how to conduct yourself and what to say and he is starting to learn that.

Melo has talked about getting better on D and contributing more in other ways which is what holds him back.  He has the potential to be a good defender.  Paul Pierce wasn't a good defender until he was joined by the other two.  Grant Hill became an ace defender when he was in his late 30's.  I see potential in Melo to do the same. He plays great D on LeBron whenever he plays him.  Its a motivation thing.  His historical comparison is often mention as Bernard King who had his best season as a Knick when he was 29. Melo is 27.  I think we are still yet to see the best years from the guy while I'm not sure you can say that about the other guys of his generation. I think Melo in the next couple years will have that year to place him in that elite group.  The potential is there.
The only flaw I see in using Pierce and Hill as examples is that Anthony does not possess half the brain cells of these two guys.  He's very selfish, he does not have the same level of competitiveness either.  There is a huge difference between a guy who is just there to get his and one who refuses to let his team lose.  Yes he's hit game winners, but how many of those games aren't close if he's been playing defense the whole game.

I watched every Knicks game with melo on the Knicks last season and I thought his defense was average to good most of the time. I didn't watch him much in Denver so I have no idea if he was THAT bad.

Amare is much worse.

People claimed pierce was a "me first" player and played no defense. I honestly think melo and pierce are remarkably similar.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

I think at bare minimum he was more efficient. Going forward, its no question. The gap between 10- 20 isn't as big as the gap between 6- 10 as far as the best players.
Blake at 10, and Melo at 11-13 isn't an insult at all. And top 10 list aren't the best measure.
I would say, that the top 8 guys in the league can lead their teams to titles as the lead guy. That to me is defined as a guy who can do it without another top 30 guy on the team. But to get away with this you need at minimum 6 guys in the top 75.
9-20 need another top 30 guy, 21-30 need a top 30 guy and another top 50 guy.
With everyone being jammed together, its harder to define, but those have been generally the laws since 1980. Teams have figured out that its easier to get 2 top 30 guys together than it is to find 6 top 75 guys, or 3-4 top 50 guys.

Deron Williams is without question a better player than Carmelo Anthony. Even if you think both are defensive liabilities, Williams is less of one. That alone makes it Williams.

Can't wait til KD wins another scoring title...gets to the finals or conference finals again...and the Knicks get bounced from the 1st round...for everyone to come back and keep talking about how he isn't that good and Melo is better than him.

Again.

Who's going to start the prediction's thread. With all the foolery that's gone on, I got OKC vs MIA in the Finals now.

Melo is like a billionaire man's version of a JUCO player. Hood, plays only when he wants to (offense and defense), terrible attitude that keeps him from being better than he could be, and has no respect for anybody on his team. The last type of dude I'd want on my team.

NBA League Pass is $169 this year... Stern showing no regard for human life. Exactly how many fans is he trying to alienate this year? Dude just keeps taking L's

Originally Posted by LovesIt

The Knicks hate here is at an all time high.

Not really. Just some of the fans on here are so high on their own supply.
For the record, Melo is a better player than Blake. Anybody who thinks otherwise is a complete moron. His size combined with his first step and pull up is deadly. 

With that being said, I'd rather have BG on my team. Melo is a ball stop. Ruins the flow of the offense.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Did the NBA really take out that whole Reggie miller type swing your arms shot? I read about it but it got drowned out by all the huge news. If so, Durant's game is gonna suffer. He gets 6 points off that garbage every game.

No it's a non shooting foul now supposedly.

Wait, Clips have up Bledsoe also??

From ESPN:

"The Hornets receive Eric Gordon, Chris Kaman, Al-Farouq Aminu, Eric Bledsoe and Minnesota's unprotected 2012 first-round draft pick."

The Lakers were privately fuming Wednesday, according to a person with knowledge of their front office, when Paul, the New Orleans point guard, ended up in Los Angeles six days after the NBA vetoed the Lakers' trade for him.

Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak declined to comment through a spokesman but earlier this week said the NBA's blockade was "completely unexpected."

"We did the best we can to express our displeasure," Kupchak said Monday.

Originally Posted by melofan15

so did chris sign an extension or is he still a fa at season's end?
He'll prolly wait till his contract runs out to see how the season plays out. He'll most likely resign because I see this Clippers team doing damage. Although giving a very promising back court for CP was not a good look

Durant To Play More Power Forward
Dec 15, 2011 9:13 AM EST

Kevin Durant spent time playing power forward last season, Thunder coach Scott Brooks said we could see Durant get more minutes at that spot this season.

“His post-up game, we are going to continue to build on that,â€

Back
Top Bottom