☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by PMatic

30t6p3b.gif

Yea he's the real deal... He has that herky jerky game that made Manu so difficult to guard when he first got to the league and he passes like Nash.� Definitely did the right thing with holding on to his rights
laugh.gif

Sidenote:� I'm extremely disappointed in your "This is the best Kyrie we're going to see. I'm sure how high his ceiling is" wave you were on last night.� You do realize that he only played 11 college games and is only 11 games into his FIRST NBA season right?� So technically he's only 22 games removed from HS ball bro.

Whoa Ricky is nasty! 
eek.gif

+

Ricky probably gonna bag him a bad hispanic chick soon. If not, already.

Originally Posted by MonStar1

dat pass to Ellington in the corner. 
pimp.gif
 smooth

I been holding off on this question but...

Who would you rather have Rubio or Wall? 

Wall = athletic, potential thru the roof.  plays defense. passes well. still doesn't understand changing pace.

Rubio= long, great passer. smart player.  slow of foot on defense but still lanky with good anticipation.

Honestly right NOW. im going Rubio.  Next year or in the future Wall could be a monster.
imo if Wall was on the T-Wolves he would be killing.. wouldn't even be a question

Really hope growing up on the Wizards doesn't cause Wall permanent damage...  He looks terrible out there right now.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Wait how can LeBron relate to Tebow when he doesn't get it done in the 4th quarter?
You thought this was funny didn't you?
No not at all. It's a legitimate question. Tebow is mainly known for turning it on in the 4th quarter and leading his team to victory. That video on the last page with ol girl quoting Rick Ross led off that lil piece by saying LeBron said he can relate to Tebow and she repeated lyrics said by LeBron that was about Tebow.

So it just struck me as weird when LeBron does not do that. Why even have that piece? To have her awkwardly say a few Ross bars? Would've made more sense if he said he can relate to Tony Romo.

Originally Posted by DT43

dat pass to Ellington in the corner. 
pimp.gif
 smooth

I been holding off on this question but...

Who would you rather have Rubio or Wall? 

Wall = athletic, potential thru the roof.  plays defense. passes well. still doesn't understand changing pace.

Rubio= long, great passer. smart player.  slow of foot on defense but still lanky with good anticipation.

Honestly right NOW. im going Rubio.  Next year or in the future Wall could be a monster.
imo if Wall was on the T-Wolves he would be killing.. wouldn't even be a question
I been a Wall fan since he was in 11th grade.  I live in VA and see ALL the Wiz games.  But I can't say that with confidence.  He's def lacking that pace, patience, and timing the great pgs have.  I think he will get it.  But how soon?  Rubio has it now. 

I'd take Irving and Rubio over Wall ANY day. I don't think Wall has an NBA game, but he is athletic enough to be in the NBA because of the low skill level of the NBA right now. He needs a lot of work, or he will get lost in the shuffle. Real talk.

Nah I think Wall has a high ceiling, not as high as Rubio but it'll just take that effort and hard work for him to get there. Two different type of players and one is clearly the pure(er) pg. I just think Wall has that potential risk of having the same problems Westbrook has now as far as controlling that speed/switching gears, decision making and shooting.

Wait how can LeBron relate to Tebow when he doesn't get it done in the 4th quarter?
No not at all. It's a legitimate question. Tebow is mainly known for turning it on in the 4th quarter and leading his team to victory. That video on the last page with ol girl quoting Rick Ross led off that lil piece by saying LeBron said he can relate to Tebow and she repeated lyrics said by LeBron that was about Tebow.

So it just struck me as weird when LeBron does not do that. Why even have that piece? To have her awkwardly say a few Ross bars? Would've made more sense if he said he can relate to Tony Romo.

You're trying way too hard. You can't see how LeBron can relate to Tebow being over scrutinized by everyone? Oh.

Nah I think Wall has a high ceiling, not as high as Rubio but it'll just take that effort and hard work for him to get there. Two different type of players and one is clearly the pure(er) pg. I just think Wall has that potential risk of having the same problems Westbrook has now as far as controlling that speed/switching gears, decision making and shooting.

So you feel that because he struggles with changing pace as a 2nd yr pg that his ceiling isn't as high as a player who's been playing pro ball since he was 16?!?!

Rubio's ceiling is Nash like which is DAMN GOOD... GREAT even... But Walls ceiling is honestly ******ed to even think about, he could be the hands down best PG in the league easily if he didn't play for stupid #%% organization from top to bottom.  I'm a strong believer that he plays unintelligently because he plays with unintelligent players around him so he's constantly trying to over compensate and force the issue. 

You give him a real coach like Pop, Sloan, or a Thibs... someone who's going to teach him how to be a player and hold everyone accountable... With his tools: 6' 5" solid frame, the athleticism, the defensive ability, the ability to pass like he has, as fast/quick as he is OH MY GOD....  Y'all think Pooh is scary. 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

You're trying way too hard. You can't see how LeBron can relate to Tebow being over scrutinized by everyone? Oh.
So that's it? I don't know how I'm trying to hard when the two are over scrutinized for completely different reasons. I honestly wouldn't even say Tebow is over scrutinized.

LeBron is the best player in the league or closest to it for argument's sake. So when he fails at something the best player in the league would be expected to do it makes sense he gets attention and criticized for it especially the things he's taken part in to cause the focus on himself. Tebow imo is just the flavor of the month season. He isn't even the best QB in his conference. His whole thing has been from the underdog angle, added with him being religious and the "miracle" comebacks he's pulled off.

I mean if he's just relating to someone for being over scrutinized I guess he can relate to Obama too.

Originally Posted by CAto312

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Buc Em...if you had less than 7 NBA teams, it'd be easier to tell you sit down and shut up.

Oh really? So please name these 7 teams that I'm a fan of. I told anybody that wanted to screen cap my post to screen cap it a couple months ago. I'm a fan of the Bucs, Sixers, Mariners and Anaheim Ducks. All I said about the Sixers was that I was tired of them not making moves year after year and that it's hard to be a fan of a team that's had Andre Iguodala as their #1 option for 4 straight years and seems content with being a 6-8 seed forever, and if I didn't see some type of moves or progress this year I was gonna jump ship to the T-Wolves or Clippers cause I'm a fan of more players on both those teams than I am of the Sixers. If a franchise doesn't seem like their atleast TRYING to win a championship year after year than why do they deserve your fanhood to begin with? The only team in Philly besides the Sixers playing right now is the Flyers, the Sixers are off to their best start in 10 years and fans still aren't showing up for the third straight year. So obviously I'm not the only Sixers fan that has lost some hope in the franchise over the past 5-6 years. You might say how hard it was to be a Knicks fan over the past 10 years, but do you know why it was so hard? Because they TRIED to get the top talent there by signing guys they thought would make them a contender but they overpaid the hell out of guys that didn't do that for them. Atleast they tried.....the Sixers front office hasn't done jack %#%$ since Iverson left besides trade Dalembert for Spencer Hawes, give Elton Brand a ridiculous contract even though he didn't fit with the team's playing style at all, and then proceed to give Iguodala an even more ridiculous contract. Right now the Sixers are a fun team to watch....their young guys have finally seemed to grow up and play together as a team. There's no unselfishness, no egos and they play good hard defense. But for the last two years it was ugly. Everybody on the team was scared to shoot the ball and they would force feed Elton Brand and Iggy to be the #1 options just because of who they are. Now Jrue has came into his own, Hawes is a completely different player, Evan Turner got his confidence back and Lou and Thad finally seem to understand that they're the best scorers on the team.
End rant.

So you feel that because he struggles with changing pace as a 2nd yr pg that his ceiling isn't as high as a player who's been playing pro ball since he was 16?!?!

Rubio's ceiling is Nash like which is DAMN GOOD... GREAT even... But Walls ceiling is honestly ******ed to even think about, he could be the hands down best PG in the league easily if he didn't play for stupid %+% organization from top to bottom.  I'm a strong believer that he plays intelligently because he plays with unintelligent players around him so he's constantly trying to over compensate and force the issue. 

You give him a real coach like Pop, Sloan, or a Thibs... someone who's going to teach him how to be a player and hold everyone accountable... With his tools: 6' 5" solid frame, the athleticism, the defensive ability, the ability to pass like he has, as fast/quick as he is OH MY GOD....  Y'all think Pooh is scary. 
30t6p3b.gif
To the question yes. I feel what Rubio brings to a team at full potential is invaluable. Like Nash but I'd even say a LeBron effect where he makes players around him better to the point they can be all stars cough*MoWilliams*cough. I'm talking put him on almost any team and what he brings as a pg makes the entire team better. Think JKidd on the Nets.

I agree that Wall can be great especially with a better organization and learning under coaches you mentioned but if he gets it right I feel like he can be Rose lite at best. If you wanna say Rose is in his prime now for example, I'd say I don't see Wall being better. Mentioned amongst the best pgs but I see Wall's game and I feel his skill set is more geared towards scoring and I just don't feel he can be the hands down best pg in the game doing that unless he also focuses that speed to being a great defensive player. Basically, I value players point guards cut from that Nash cloth than that Iverson cloth, especially when we're talking about the best point guard in the game.

Whoa Ricky is nasty!�
eek.gif

+

Ricky probably gonna bag him a bad hispanic chick soon. If not, already.

Thats like bringin sand to the beach for him. Hes gona do what all NBA players do, get a white girl.

Rubio's ceiling is Nash like which is DAMN GOOD... GREAT even... But Walls ceiling is honestly ******ed to even think about, he could be the hands down best PG in the league easily if he didn't play for stupid %+% organization from top to bottom.  I'm a strong believer that he plays intelligently because he plays with unintelligent players around him so he's constantly trying to over compensate and force the issue. 

30t6p3b.gif
To the question yes. I feel what Rubio brings to a team at full potential is invaluable. Like Nash but I'd even say a LeBron effect where he makes players around him better to the point they can be all stars cough*MoWilliams*cough. I'm talking put him on almost any team and what he brings as a pg makes the entire team better. Think JKidd on the Nets.

I agree that Wall can be great especially with a better organization and learning under coaches you mentioned but if he gets it right I feel like he can be Rose lite at best. If you wanna say Rose is in his prime now for example, I'd say I don't see Wall being better. Mentioned amongst the best pgs but I see Wall's game and I feel his skill set is more geared towards scoring and I just don't feel he can be the hands down best pg in the game doing that unless he also focuses that speed to being a great defensive player. Basically, I value players point guards cut from that Nash cloth than that Iverson cloth, especially when we're talking about the best point guard in the game.

John Wall isn't from the Iverson cloth.  He's not a scorer and has been a creator and pass first guy his whole career.  Hes very similar to Rondo.  If Wall didn't get coached by Calipari he wouldn't really get compared to D.Rose as much.  D.Rose is more of a scorer than Wall. 

John Wall isn't from the Iverson cloth.  He's not a scorer and has been a creator and pass first guy his whole career.  Hes very similar to Rondo.  If Wall didn't get coached by Calipari he wouldn't really get compared to D.Rose as much.  D.Rose is more of a scorer than Wall. 
It's hard to tell whenever I watch the Wizards but when I see him play with his speed and what he does it's usually him driving in the paint. I don't see a whole lot of creating. My fault if he's more of a facilitator than I've been able get a proper gauge of

I don't what yall see in John Wall. All I see is a dude that's real athletic, but not a BASKETBALL PLAYER. He was decent in college, didn't tear it up. Now he's in the NBA and he's basic and sometimes looks lost. If he's not a great scorer and he's not a great passer or floor general, what is he? Seems like a lot of people try to make him more than what he is. To me, he's a super athletic guard that plays in the NBA, that's it. And to say its cause he's playing in Washington is BS because if that's the case, and he's so good, he should be taking over games. Hell Kyrie is in Cleveland, and we are not very good. Rubio is in Minnesota, and the aren't very good, and those two cats are balling!!!

Maybe its because he dances, and dunks real hard in summer league games that make yall like him so much. I'm far from impressed, and haven't been since he was in college.

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

I don't what yall see in John Wall. All I see is a dude that's real athletic, but not a BASKETBALL PLAYER. He was decent in college, didn't tear it up. Now he's in the NBA and he's basic and sometimes looks lost. If he's not a great scorer and he's not a great passer or floor general, what is he? Seems like a lot of people try to make him more than what he is. To me, he's a super athletic guard that plays in the NBA, that's it. And to say its cause he's playing in Washington is BS because if that's the case, and he's so good, he should be taking over games. Hell Kyrie is in Cleveland, and we are not very good. Rubio is in Minnesota, and the aren't very good, and those two cats are balling!!!

Maybe its because he dances, and dunks real hard in summer league games that make yall like him so much. I'm far from impressed, and haven't been since he was in college.
Bob Ryan said the exact same thing on Kornheiser's radio show a couple days ago. John Wall is an elite athlete who just happens to play basketball.

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

Yeah I'm not totally impressed either, but you have to remember the wizards aren't just a bad team. They are like the lowest IQ, most selfish team in a decade, and it's hard to play right when the offensive system is literally "first player to touch the ball goes into iso and takes whatever terrible shot they can".Problem is, he's learning the NBA system that way and his development could be personally damaged.

Back
Top Bottom