☆ - 51st GRAMMY Awards - Feb 8, 2009 - 8PM ET on CBS HD - ☆

gramcoldwu8.jpg

- There will be a Swagga Like Us performance including M.I.A. for those that don't know.

- Wayne will win Album Of The Year.

- Here is a list of this years performers:
  • Adele [Chasing Pavements]
  • Terence Blanchard
  • Chris Brown
  • Buddy Guy
  • Kenny Chesney
  • Coldplay
  • Taylor Swift & Miley Cyrus [Fifteen]
  • Neil Diamond
  • Estelle & Kanye West [American Boy]
  • The Four Tops tribute featuring original member of The Four Tops Duke Fakir, Jamie Foxx, and Ne-Yo
  • Jennifer Hudson
  • Jay-Z
  • Jonas Brothers
  • Kid Rock
  • BB King
  • Lil Wayne & Jay Sean
  • John Mayer
  • Paul McCartney with Dave Grohl
  • M.I.A.
  • Katy Perry - On the January 30th episode of Chelsea Lately, Katy said she was going to descend from the ceiling during her performance.
  • Robert Plant & Alison Krauss
  • Radiohead
  • Rihanna
  • Smokey Robinson
  • Jordin Sparks
  • Britney Spears
  • Robin Thicke
  • T.I.
  • Justin Timberlake
  • Allen Toussaint
  • Carrie Underwood [Last Name]
  • Keith Urban
  • U2
  • Stevie Wonder
pimp.gif

31643fd4208689fc98b4708ln6.jpg

if Wayne really wins album of the year
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

That might explain why 106 & Park is starting @ 5 on Monday, figured it had to be something big that they knew about in advance.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

was C3 really better than Viva La Vida?

ehh.. good for Wayne. that Grammy silences a lot of haters.
How? Untitled, The Cool and AG were all better than C3. Album of the Year on the Grammy's isn't matter of good music but what was popularat the time. Sign of what the Grammy's has turned into.

M.I.A is trash but I want to see the S.L.U performance.

Originally Posted by RellNye

How? Untitled, The Cool and AG were all better than C3. Album of the Year on the Grammy's isn't matter of good music but what was popular at the time. Sign of what the Grammy's has turned into.

of course, those albums were much better than C3.

but i'm just saying... when you have a Grammy, a lot of people that could talk %#+% to you before, can't say anything anymore.

Jennifer Hudson
Jay-Z
BB King
Robert Plant & Alison Krauss
Radiohead
Smokey Robinson
Stevie Wonder
Really the only performances I'm looking forward to.

I'm expecting to be very disappointed when it comes to the awards, especially the rap ones, but we'll see...

Originally Posted by RellNye

How? Untitled, The Cool and AG were all better than C3. Album of the Year on the Grammy's isn't matter of good music but what was popular at the time. Sign of what the Grammy's has turned into.

of course, those albums were much better than C3.

but i'm just saying... when you have a Grammy, a lot of people that could talk %#+% to you before, can't say anything anymore.

orly

Wayne my dude but he doesnt deserve album of the year its
pimp.gif
if he wins tho I hope his speech makes since

that performance list is way better than i expected

kanye is gonna wear some off the wall **$%

probably borrow those tights from taz

nah, that will only make my hate stronger. Not necessarily for Wayne, but for his fanatics.

1. Viva La Vida is way better
2. In Rainbows is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Viva la vida and Carter III both. If Wayne wins over that album, smh, i just don't know.
3. How many other good rap albums have been up for album of the year and got snubbed. Eminem shoulda won when Steely Dan took it, Kanye shoulda won last yearwhen Herbie Hancock took it. No disrespect to either of those artists. If the Carter III is the first hip hop album to win the grammy fro album of the year,then what does that say about what kind of low standards we have for hip hop music. Moreover, what does that say about what kind of standards we have formusic in general.

I'm not hating on Wayne. An artist is an artist, and as such is entitled to go through ups and downs, and various phases of reinventing themself. I amnot even mad that so many people like his music, cuz lord knows probably 80% of his sales are from 14 year olds. But it disheartens me to know that thecommittee would even nominate him for AOTY with the trash that is Carter III. I expect them to hold to a higher standard.

Back
Top Bottom