☆ - 51st GRAMMY Awards - Feb 8, 2009 - 8PM ET on CBS HD - ☆

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

where are ya'll getting those images? Any Hov or T.I. ones?
No, the artists involved in the advertising campaign are Lenny Kravitz, Wayne, Rihanna, kanYe, Stevie Wonder, & Thom Yorke of Radiohead.

I'm still looking for the pictures myself...

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Originally Posted by Tuff G0ng

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Lol @ thinking the Grammys will let Nas leave with an Rap Album Of The Year award..
Exacty
laugh.gif
After he showed up wearing that N_ shirt last year, I'd be shocked if he's even invited to the Grammys again

The Carter III might win album of the year. I'd say it has better replay value then Coldplay, but its not as complete as In Rainbows.

Radiohead created a masterpiece. Coincidentally the only live shows I caught this year were Radiohead and Lil Wayne. I say its a toss up between Wayne andRadiohead.

Lookin forward to that S.L.U performance.

I hope they don't drown out that S.L.U. Performance with all that Live Instrumentation.

Originally Posted by MRMCFLY718

The rap album of the year should good to jayz american gangster....or even untitled,but def not c3.

This guy put ".... or even untitled" like it was a far worse album or something.
laugh.gif

It will be a cold day in hell when jay makes an album as real as that. Hands down the best mainstream album of 08.

The S.L.U. performance better not be a flop, i'm expecting major.
smokin.gif

P.S. If Wayne wins album of the year, which is sadly most likely to happen
smh.gif

Screw the Grammy's for wasting an award.

^ you even listen to C III? It goes hard start to finish. You have lyricism, concepts, story telling, conscious tracks, deep songs - and its all done well.

I never understood NT's hate for Weezy. Dude makes good music.

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

^ you even listen to C III? It goes hard start to finish. You have lyricism, concepts, story telling, conscious tracks, deep songs - and its all done well.

i dont think me and you listened to the same album
laugh.gif
.. yeah deep songs like phone home were really conscious and deep.....
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

laugh.gif
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
QFT That %%%* was pure trash

Originally Posted by Remi23

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

laugh.gif
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
QFT That %%%* was pure trash
word. dude must have that limited edition Carter III with 12 bonus songs, and minus all of the ones I heard.

A lot of people on NT suffer from the "don't listen, just skim through it" disease...sad really that you can't appreciate that album for whatit is.

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

Didn't hear Tie My Hands, Shoot Me Down or Misunderstood?

Just stop.
really? you can't appreciate those songs?
that thesaurus, dictionary rap is frying your brain son. good music is good music. those are well put together songs.

Just stop.
that thesaurus, dictionary rap is frying your brain son. good music is good music. those are well put together songs.

Not even. All three, and the album as a whole were trash. Come on fam, it doesn't have to be Canibus on Poet Laureate II to be better than that
indifferent.gif

Just stop.

Not even. All three, and the album as a whole were trash. Come on fam, it doesn't have to be Canibus on Poet Laureate II to be better than that
indifferent.gif

I mean there weren't anything amazing about it. it was ok at best

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

I hope they don't drown out that S.L.U. Performance with all that Live Instrumentation.
i hate when that happens
I just hope it's blended will with the OG beat playing in the background.

I'm gonna say that everything out side of Got Money and Lollipop are better then anything that has been out all year. I can't even comprehend the hatefor Wayne its unreal. If you are a fan of hip hop you should dig The Carter III.

If you like punches? He's got punches and metaphors.

You like Slick Rick? Dude has stories and concepts.

You like Jay? Dudes got flow/swag.

You like Deep !!@$? He's got deep !!@$.

You like Social issues? Dude's got that.

You like features? Dude has Jay, Busta, Fab, Juelz and Robin Thicke.

Most importantly Wayne is himself. That's what is missing in Hip Hop these days. Everyone is a clone of the next man. Everyone was trying to be Jay or Maseat on point. Then everyone was trying to mimic that southern sound. Wayne makes Wayne music.

Try to articulate to me why The Carter III sucks outside of "Yo thats trash." It just sounds like you can't grasp the album.

I'm gonna say that everything out side of Got Money and Lollipop are better then anything that has been out all year. I can't even comprehend the hate for Wayne its unreal. If you are a fan of hip hop you should dig The Carter III.

If you like punches? He's got punches and metaphors.

You like Slick Rick? Dude has stories and concepts.

You like Jay? Dudes got flow/swag.

You like Deep !!@$? He's got deep !!@$.

You like Social issues? Dude's got that.

You like features? Dude has Jay, Busta, Fab, Juelz and Robin Thicke.

Most importantly Wayne is himself. That's what is missing in Hip Hop these days. Everyone is a clone of the next man. Everyone was trying to be Jay or Mase at on point. Then everyone was trying to mimic that southern sound. Wayne makes Wayne music.

Try to articulate to me why The Carter III sucks outside of "Yo thats trash." It just sounds like you can't grasp the album.
Cause their is handful albums better then it and even a couple mixtapes

Lyrically, it's garbage. He has horrible flow. His "deep" songs are wack, always about the same things. Weak punchlines and metaphors. He'sno slick rick when it comes to story telling, that's for sure. "swag" ? I'm not a female. I could care less about that.

The features were pretty much all weak as hell. "wayne is wayne" - great. There are thousands of rappers who have their own style and make"music".

You really said better than anything that has been out all year ? C3 best album of 08 ? Seriously ?

How much hip hop have you heard man ? Turn off MTV and z100 and expand your tastes.

I'd be more than happy to help you out.

Lyrically, it's garbage. He has horrible flow. His "deep" songs are wack, always about the same things. Weak punchlines and metaphors. He's no slick rick when it comes to story telling, that's for sure. "swag" ? I'm not a female. I could care less about that.

The features were pretty much all weak as hell. "wayne is wayne" - great. There are thousands of rappers who have their own style and make "music".

You really said better than anything that has been out all year ? C3 best album of 08 ? Seriously ?

How much hip hop have you heard man ? Turn off MTV and z100 and expand your tastes.

I'd be more than happy to help you out.
QFT I Don't agree with MidEastBeast most of the time this exactly why Carter III was so garbage Good +%+$ MidEastBeast

I've been listening to hip hop since I was 4-5 years old . I'm 22 now. The Carter III was a breath of fresh air compared to the trash that is out inthe mainstream these days.

I don't neglect the underground or something. But this is the Grammys. Blu and Exile aren't winning Grammy's. Nothing in the mainstream was seeingThe Carter III on a mainstream tip. Outside of hip hop I'd say Radiohead might've produced a better album, but as far as Hip Hop American Gangsta wasokay at best, Untitled came up short, The Recession was nice but not as good as C3. What else is there really?

Deep songs were garbage? Maybe you should reevaluate how you listen to music. The last verses on Tie My Hands and Playing With Fire > Anything I'veheard since Mood Muzik 2.

lol at tryin to play the "Turn off your MTV dude" card. like really? my taste is music + knowledge of theory is one of the widest on this forum.

good music is good music no matter where it comes from.

Back
Top Bottom