☞☞☞☞☞ NT, did you give up on your SPORT DREAMS? ☜☜☜☜☜☜

I'm hooping for my local CC this season so I guess I havent given up on mine yet
grin.gif

But I'm unsure how long I'm going to "chase" this basketball "dream"

So NT I ask you, did you give up on YOUR sport dreams? if so, when and why?
OR
Are you still chasing it? if so why?

I never had dreams. I played until I didn't want to play anymore, which happened to be the year before any so called dreams would have been brutallysmashed down by my mediocrity.

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

I never had dreams. I played until I didn't want to play anymore, which happened to be the year before any so called dreams would have been brutally smashed down by my mediocrity.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i dont even want to think about it ... smfh ...
injury?

I DONT PASS wrote:

injury?

naw man just never focused like i should have ... played 3 varsity sports when i should have solely stuck to baseball ... being "thatdude" clouded my mind back then along with the females ... 5 years removed i still think about what could have been ... im not saying i would have forsure made it, but i know i could have had a chance at it ...

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

I DONT PASS wrote:

injury?

naw man just never focused like i should have ... played 3 varsity sports when i should have solely stuck to baseball ... being "that dude" clouded my mind back then along with the females ... 5 years removed i still think about what could have been ... im not saying i would have for sure made it, but i know i could have had a chance at it ...

ohwell.gif

Same here man. Which I would've applied myself to the sport I loved, baseball. However, football is king at my HS and I applied myself to that. Dedicated myself to off-season workouts and everything. Even though, there was no chance of a Football career beyond High School. I tried out for the Varsitybaseball team after my senior football season, and made it, 3 years without touching a baseball, and not hitting the cage before tryouts. Hand/Eyecoordination was still
smokin.gif
, I was in great shape too. I was too caughtup in Senioritis, so I declined. Kind of regret it.

Now I play in Adult Sunday Leagues, straight mashing the ball
smokin.gif
. Ohwell.

You never stop dreaming, you just succumb to the real world and its obligatory responsibilities.

Most people just flat out don't have the talent. Those that do, give in to the fact that the work being put in isn't returning any monetarycompensation. So to support themselves and/or a family, you must give it up to make ends meet.

I never had dreams. I played until I didn't want to play anymore
thats half true for me. Football killed my knees and I just couldnt do it anymore.

I do feel like I gave up on baseball my senior year but I did that for financial reasons so I cant be too bad. I still play abd I love it

I get payed to ball so I'm good... Actually I get paid to buy media, but we play in a corporate league so I like to tell myself I get paid to ball.

never had any.

other than unlimited cash and the enjoyment of the game itself (which can easily get lost in the shuffle) the life of a pro athlete doesnt appeal to me at all.

i dont like traveling, essentially no real down time, being away from fam and friends.

even when i played in college i was probably a crappy teammate (off court) because i was so miserable all the time.

some might think that's odd but i guess im a weird dude like that.

Of course, 95% people will eventually have to give up on their sports dreams. I still love Bball and play whenever I can, but I realized I was never going tomake the NBA when I was in High School. I am not bitter about it, but reality sets in and priorities change. Life goes on.

I DONT PASS wrote:

injury?

naw man just never focused like i should have ... played 3 varsity sports when i should have solely stuck to baseball ... being "that dude" clouded my mind back then along with the females ... 5 years removed i still think about what could have been ... im not saying i would have for sure made it, but i know i could have had a chance at it ...

Basically same story here. I wanted to play basketball. Had to play basketball. Basketball came first.

Forget the fact that I had JuCo coaches telling me as a freshmen in HS that I showed all the tools and mechanics to develop into a SERIOUS baseball player if Iwanted to put the work in moving forward and potentially play D-1 baseball.

My cousin, who was a senior at the time, had the scouts at our games and that's how I started getting some attention, but our team's pitching was justTERRRRIBLE. I'm talking losing games when we're scoring 8-10 runs because the other team is scoring 15-20.

I think that's what aggravated me to the point of quitting baseball. I hated losing and my 12-14 year old years of travel/summer/all-star ball were weigheddown with memories of playing with bad pitches who would cost us game after game because someone's kid had to be the pitcher. My freshmen year of highschool was just the last straw.

I really never let it bother me until this year when LSU won the world series... I played summer ball with one of the guys on that team when I was a kid... andhe wasn't better than me then.
wink.gif

Oh well... that's the good thing about dreams... there's always another.

i played a little pro hoops.. went to mexico and switzerland and still get calls to play.. was a d2 all american.. but i had micro fracture surgery so now.. @23.. the dream is over lol.. i had a good career though so im not mad or bitter.. work for a solid business now and i got my degree.. i got further than most.

Originally Posted by djphame1

i played a little pro hoops.. went to mexico and switzerland and still get calls to play.. was a d2 all american.. but i had micro fracture surgery so now.. @ 23.. the dream is over lol.. i had a good career though so im not mad or bitter.. work for a solid business now and i got my degree.. i got further than most.
how much did they pay you? if you care to share

. played football and was all state and all that other @*$#...had scholarship offers, and signed with Cincinatti.. then cousin got hit by a car senior seasonspring break(she was a frosh) and i went haywire, and did crazy stuff.. got arrested, just said F playing ball, stayed home n did even worse with everyhting..then went to a juco in kansas that i still had an offer standing, and played for a year, decided i didnt want to play ny more, and now got my feet on theground and doing well.. 21 btw, so im no worried abt it, just gotta get my stuff for my future right

I DONT PASS wrote:

injury?

damn you just described my situation to a *@++#%$ t
tired.gif

played football since i was 7...everything was about football i conditioned all year just for football...ended up breaking rod woodsons int record at myschool(which i told him i'd do
wink.gif
) best friend died my sophomore yr in college quit playing ball, starting smokin heavy, had ah baby..2 sum it up after mydude died i was on some other @*#!
smh.gif
luckily i got my head back on straight before i did something extremely dumb....i'm about to graduate college soonbut i wish i would've never given up ball in the first place.....anybody just watch sports sometimes like damn i should be out there? I'm better thanthat n_
smh.gif
ohwell.gif
I just miss the game
tired.gif

shoulda focused harder, cut the fast food out, conditioned better.....but that was then, and this is now....now i just go hard when i get chance.

Originally Posted by bwood056

. played football and was all state and all that other @%#!...had scholarship offers, and signed with Cincinatti.. then cousin got hit by a car senior season spring break(she was a frosh) and i went haywire, and did crazy stuff.. got arrested, just said F playing ball, stayed home n did even worse with everyhting.. then went to a juco in kansas that i still had an offer standing, and played for a year, decided i didnt want to play ny more, and now got my feet on the ground and doing well.. 21 btw, so im no worried abt it, just gotta get my stuff for my future right

nerd.gif
Name and class?

Nope. Still going.

Was a walk on for UMD baseball my freshman yr. Got cut before spring.

PLayed club baseball for UMD the past two seasons. Bat has been exploding. ended last season with .317 and lost in the semi-finals of the World Series.

This fall im trying out again for Varsity UMD and hopefully i'll be back on the squad... new head coach too.

pimp.gif
KEEP WORKING EVERYBODY !!

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

You never stop dreaming, you just succumb to the real world and its obligatory responsibilities.

Most people just flat out don't have the talent. Those that do, give in to the fact that the work being put in isn't returning any monetary compensation. So to support themselves and/or a family, you must give it up to make ends meet.

Well said....

My dream is still alive. Got one year left in high school to play basketball and try and take it somewhere. If I dont make it, oh well, it wont kill my lovefor the game and Ill still play whenever I can

Back
Top Bottom