♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved with my Invisible Woman's. But all the knock off brands killed the s*** out of em. That fog when being worn didnt help either :x  

Nah brah naw. Them things were ahead of their time. I'm inclined to grab the men's pair now :nerd: I think the world is ready for their come back

been thinking the same. not about buying a new pair, i still have, and i only got a chance to wear it once, that week they dropped to a little spring party. after that the fakes were rampant. plus the fact they're on the bottom of a stack of like 14-15...yall know how those pairs NEVER get worn. 8 yrs is enough time tho, i think i'm ready to bring em back out. been thinking about those lately and digging out the white and red Jordan X's, they're like right next to them at the bottom too. Another 1 time wear pair.

how yall not mention the goat womans shoe

first time ive seen these

these are :pimp: :pimp:

I thought all of the "see through" sneakers Nike produced were hideous. Espo AFII's and Invisible Woman AF1s.

This

Not sure where this revisionist history is coming from. Those joints were straight basura

Agreed.

Although, both shoes were "hot" even though they were ugly. The sneaker community has been eating up gimmicks for a while.

Espo release was when camping really first became a thing.

I thought all of the "see through" sneakers Nike produced were hideous. Espo AFII's and Invisible Woman AF1s.

This

Not sure where this revisionist history is coming from. Those joints were straight basura

whoa yall are wilin! the AFII's were beyond ill. and the invisible womens were a dope concept. plus back then nike did cool themes, so it wasnt just about the shoe but the superhero back story too

Man those Red and Steel grey X's take me back :smh:

What's happened to the sneaker culture?

& Linen's

ahhhh yes linen's. may pair is on the bottom somewhere too, never even got the chance to wear them, or the hong kongs :frown:. recently scooped those linen dunk high reboots for like 60, and that box is super easy to get too, maybe I'll just wear those lol

damn I'm a hoarder. I cop hella pairs when I see them available and forget all about them

Storytime!

I was out there for that. At Nort. I wanted the NERD Dunks so bad because I worked with that group. But couldn't get hooked up.

So I was calling Nort like crazy. I had NEVER camped out for a sneaker and thought the very idea was preposterous. So I'm calling like "yo, I got NERD trucker hats, skate decks. I had a few NERD BMX bikes in storage. Offered them all of this and they said they couldn't hold pairs.

Finally, the day before the release, I'm talking to dude at Nort again, and he says, "Midnight". I'm like "what"? He says "midnight".

So this is at like 1pm. 4pm I call again. "Still on". Yea. A little after 6, I check in again. He says people are starting to line up.

So I say **** it and head down. Ask some friends from LES to meet me. I line up. I'm like, eh, 5 hours. Whatever. Drinking a few brews on line. Shooting the ****.

Cats start rolling up cutting the line. Bringing homeless dudes with them to hold spots. I'm getting vexed but my dudes....they don't really play that ****. Think Tru Life type wild Rican dudes.

Start pulling out the hardware. I'm trying to get them to chill. Like we don't need to make this move yet. Too soon.

**** gets out of hand on the whole block as time passes. Espo starts rolling by in an ice cream truck. Almost added to the madness.

Finally, **** is so crazy the cops show up. I'm thinking **** is about to be a wrap. So I ask my dudes to chill. Times like that, you need to kind of stay close to the cops to know what the deal is. So I'm eaves dropping. The line is across the street from Nort. So they decide they're going to set up a barricade in front of Nort and move the line behind that.

So everything is moving across the street. I go back and tell my dudes and we bounce off the line early. Put 2 teams in front of either side of Nort's doorway just casually chilling.

When they pick the side and set up the gate, we rush the front of it. Dude are jammed in tight against the strorefront next to Nort and the gate. And they start letting people in to buy. We right up front. I go in and make my purchase. I was gonna buy the Espo's off hype but they went from saying you could get one of each (NERD Dunks, ESPO AFII and Halle Berry Rifts) to saying you could just but ONE sneaker so there was more to go around.

My dudes picked up what they wanted. Everyone got their size and we rolled up. Walk down the block and saw one kid already getting preyed on for his sneakers.

Ah....the memories.

You must either be an exception or your feet have shrunk in the last few years. Nike shoes have become a half to full size smaller while JB shoes have been consistent.

eh, you might be right about a majority of nikes, but a ton of people have posted all through out the JB forum over the years about how the sizing has gotten bigger on most of their shoes. recent 3's and 4's are notorious for fitting a 1/2 size bigger.

again, my size 12 flints from 2010 fit bigger than my 2005 pair, if i put both on my feet right now.

Storytime!

My crew is like a bunch of wild Puerto Ricans - with bangers the stize of African spears!

Niketown was doing an early morning release. I remember being out that night with a bunch of my friends getting hammered. Most of them were not into kicks at all. But, earlier in the night, I suggested that if we wanted the night to pay for itself, we could close down the bar we were at, grab some quick grub and head over to NT to get on line (wasn't sure what the line would be - I probably underestimated it). My boys were like, "wait, so wait online for SNEAKERS? But, then we can get home and sell them on ebay and make a few hundred bucks? Aight, why not."

Of course, you know that plans made early in an evening often end up getting swallowed by subsequent debauchery. So, none of us ever actually make it to the release. No regrets though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom