♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.
laugh.gif
 at posting the wrong person wearing fakes

No hate on anyone but damn rappers dress like homosexuals in the 90's. I guess it's not just rappers NBA players are on it as well. I think that the gay influence on fashion has been huge in the past few years with the loud colors, tight pants and high fashion. It's crazy that just 10 years ago most of these outfits and people rocking would be flamed and ridiculed.

it's crazy 10 years ago a pic like this could be posted, & no one would of had a negative comment to make. Now people argue over weather someone eleses jeans are fitted enough, or weather their really a sneaker head or just rich or get their shoes for free. 

Most Rappers were hussling to get a pair of AF1's before Retro J's were even overly popular 
laugh.gif

2mpfq1g.jpg

Bright colors were popular in the 90s though..I remember the loud reds, yellows, neon greens all over. As far as fitted goes plenty of people wore slimmer fitting clothes. A lot of the original sneakers had a bulky look to them and the slim jeans would maybe 5% of them. Look at Jerry Seinfeld, Tim Allen, even Will Smith although his clothes were baggier later on. The baggy style was common from rappers but I still saw a lot of dudes with clothes that fit. Skin tight is a different story

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

Bright colors were popular in the 90s though..I remember the loud reds, yellows, neon greens all over. As far as fitted goes plenty of people wore slimmer fitting clothes. A lot of the original sneakers had a bulky look to them and the slim jeans would maybe 5% of them. Look at Jerry Seinfeld, Tim Allen, even Will Smith although his clothes were baggier later on. The baggy style was common from rappers but I still saw a lot of dudes with clothes that fit. Skin tight is a different story

90s had even brighter colors. I mean seriously, neon everything just bright everything. Freaking shiny suits, matter fact I even recall Nas rocking a all red leather jump suit. How can yall like that and hate current rap trends? And in reality, most rappers(MAJORITY) don't wear skinny jeans, they were slim jeans.

I was not saying all gay people are flamboyant with how they dress. I just see how a lot of kids and entertainers dress now and think about what people would of thought about them just a short time ago. It's not really about what they are wearing I guess about more of how they wear it.

said it b4 and i'll say it again, but, how come when rappers in the late 80's wore slim fitting jeans, nobody was calling it ayo?

but now, after the baggy jeans era, it's an ayo look?

i don't even mess with skin tight jeans, i'm just more fitted, cuz i need comfort, but just sayin'...

wasn't nothing ayo 'bout these dudes:

Boogie+Down+Productions+boogie_down_production_og_pict.jpg
Boogie+Down+Productions+bdp.jpg

TEG76544CD.jpg
safe_image.php

beastieheader.jpg
corioPublic-Enemy-02-e1307513672997.jpg

tumblr_lr4yrjcnKY1r0cbsjo1_500.gif

sorry, but that look > all that overly baggy crap from the 90's...

just looks cleaner... i'm glad it all came back around...
pimp.gif

It's not all about how tight the pants are. Men wearing all his high fashion was also considered ayo back then. I'm not saying it is wrong I'm just saying that if Common or Kanye were dressing like they do now back in 1998 people would question their sexuality. Like I said in my first post I just don't know how y'all don't think the gay fashion has had a big influence on how people dress in 2012.

I mean at the end of the day its all opinions though so for you to say that look better than baggy looks is just your opinion. I say dress how you feel. Its your life right?

Originally Posted by BOMB SQUAD RECORDS

It's not all about how tight the pants are. Men wearing all his high fashion was also considered ayo back then. I'm not saying it is wrong I'm just saying that if Common or Kanye were dressing like they do now back in 1998 people would question their sexuality. Like I said in my first post I just don't know how y'all don't think the gay fashion has had a big influence on how people dress in 2012.
Were you alive in the 80's bro? I got pics of my fam and even people in the back ground wore slim or skinny jeans or pants. Heck, people used to rock high shorts and a tee shirt tucked in with sneakers all the time. They def werent ayo

Originally Posted by BOMB SQUAD RECORDS

well it's more just european fashion than "gay fashion" (that's such a narrow minded view, but it's just because that's the american perception of it, it's "gay", cuz they been stuck on super baggy clothes for so long, and homophobia).

i used to throw a lot of drum & bass and dubstep parties back in the day (b4 it became as popular as it is today), and the big name UK DJ's we brought over, they wore slimmer fit jeans back then when american people were still super baggy (and they thought it looked ridiculous, and considered most US urban fashion ugly, and a joke, cuz it was so overly baggy)...

a lot of high fashion comes from over there, and it's not gay, it's just their style (and imo a lot of it is way cleaner)... some of them dudes you think dress gay prolly love vagina more than you do (and prolly pull more than you, also, no flame intended)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom