♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by CJ863

Not even gonna ask info on the jacket Ye has on. I already know its racks on racks.

I have the jacket,I got it from Urban Outfitters it was like 40 bucks I think.
roll.gif

Its a BDG Navy Varsity, its 2 years old

Originally Posted by CJ863

Not even gonna ask info on the jacket Ye has on. I already know its racks on racks.
Someone said it's the new Denim Destroyer jacket that's coming out. Don't know if that's 100% true.

Lol at dude talking bout ant davis has limited offensive skill. Son played guard all his life, and is still growing. Dude ceiling is crazy high, and he is no where close to it. 

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

skaters were doing the waxed denim thing a couple years ago... kr3w (chad muska's skate brand) was making them...

said it a million times in here, but kanye borrows a lot of his styles from hipsters, skaters, and european fashion, he's just consistently the first to bring it into the hip hop fashion realm (which does take balls cuz of how closed minded that scene is)...

Yea, but hipsters, skaters also borrow some of their styles from the Hip Hop realm. You don't think "hipster" or "skater" style shows any Hip Hop influence?

So who's influencing who exactly?

You guys seem so stuck on "influence". If you and your style are "influenced", then more power to you.

While some people play "follow the leader" or "simon says", some people are just doing what comes to them naturally.

You can't always put a label on that or put it in a box.

Originally Posted by illphillip

skaters were doing the waxed denim thing a couple years ago... kr3w (chad muska's skate brand) was making them...

said it a million times in here, but kanye borrows a lot of his styles from hipsters, skaters, and european fashion, he's just consistently the first to bring it into the hip hop fashion realm (which does take balls cuz of how closed minded that scene is)...

Yea, but hipsters, skaters also borrow some of their styles from the Hip Hop realm. You don't think "hipster" or "skater" style shows any Hip Hop influence?

So who's influencing who exactly?

You guys seem so stuck on "influence". If you and your style are "influenced", then more power to you.

While some people play "follow the leader" or "simon says", some people are just doing what comes to them naturally based on their geographic location, upbringing etc.

You can't always put a label on that or put it in a box.

oh for sure. skate culture and hipsters both are influenced by hip hop fashion. i mean, zoo york's "mixtape" skate video from the mid 90's is a great example of raw hip hop influence in skate culture, that joint had ghost & meth freestyling, and roc raida cutting it up (his section in that video was one of my first major influences to learn how to scratch and beat juggle)...

i guess i just feel like skaters and hipsters are a lil' less afraid to try new stuff, they're less confined by peer pressure, but in fact trying different stuff is accepted and encouraged... when hipsters really started doing the skinny jeans with nikes thing back in like 2006 out in LA, hip hop cats hated on that look mad hard, but eventually it caught on like wild fire (just took a hot minute)... i'd dare to say the indie hipster/skater fashion culture has been more trendsetting and influential in urban fashion than hip hop for awhile now...

but you're right, all of it influences eachother... and there's def geographical style differences, like around here skaters ALWAYS pop their tongues on shoes, in fact we used to cut tongues out of old shoes and put them behind the tongue to give it that chunky look (and i guess some felt like it provided more padding for your foot, but it was more about a look they were going for)... but that's just a small example.

the way you talk tho you act like you got some super original, uninfluenced style, so i'd be curious to see you post some fits or whatever (no rainbow)...

Originally Posted by jst628

Dennis Dixon just posted these, not even sure which ones they are.
media
smh just another one of the many great colorways that were not released for NO GOOD REASON 
mad.gif

Originally Posted by rawdawg34

off topic...but the "unibrow" is gonna get exposed in the league. he's fraile and only 6'9'' w/ limited offensive skills. a healthier Greg Oden at best
Negative and the comparison to Greg Oden is laughable at best

Just my opinion bro.

but anyone who doesnt see the dudes obvious lack of a polished offensive game is fooling themselves. dude was impressive in college, so i hope i am wrong.

i will leave it at that since this is not the sports thread.

yeah, that might be the cleanest fit i've seen from drake, tho i kinda liked this one from awhile back:

tumblr_latu6rRP6z1qzdpgvo1_400.jpg

122.jpg

Originally Posted by Gordonson

Originally Posted by rhester

Drake+Taylor+Kitsch+Drake+Visit+Rihanna+London+zUf3REKqfW_l.jpg

Feels like years since this dude has worn something that fits him.
Grown man sagging his pants like a high schooler. They look like they're about to drop with the next step.

the way you talk tho you act like you got some super original, uninfluenced style, so i'd be curious to see you post some fits or whatever (no rainbow)...
Posting "fits" is not my thing. Y'all can have that. My style is not "super original". But it's my style. It serves me well. I get mad love for it regularly. I don't need to come here for that. I don't have time for photo shoots and uploading. I'm "busy getting rich". HA!

I would say it's uninfluenced. Certainly uninfluenced by popular culture and celebrity, but influenced by my unique life experiences. No fatigues or Wissam jackets or Coogi or Iceberg when that was hot in the "urban" world. Never wore BAPE, or Gucci, or Louis. No Supras. No boat shoes. No Red Wings. Timberlands are just fine when it snows, thank you.

It's been damn near the same for 20 or so years. I can go into more detail about it if you like. Some things are timeless. Timeless=trendproof. Dunks, AF1's, Rod Lavers, Shells, Jordans. A nice 2 button suit. A v neck sweater. Jeans. Khakis. These have all stood the test of time and still look great today. J Crew been around since the mid 80's making clean Khakis. Polo. Lacoste. Why do I need "influence"? I'm good as is. I ain't trying to be nobody else. If it ain't broke.....

And what would uploading pics of myself prove? You agreed with me. Clearly I have some idea of what I'm talking about. But if I post myself in a toga and Tevas, would that make my point less credible?

I won't even touch on the Kanye elements you spoke on because I know this thread is the house of Kanye worship. What's crazy is some of y'all grown. C'mon now.

Originally Posted by johnmckoolaid

Originally Posted by jst628

Dennis Dixon just posted these, not even sure which ones they are.
media
smh just another one of the many great colorways that were not released for NO GOOD REASON 
mad.gif
and now they're tryin to justify a $250 sneaker LOL....it was all good this year til the new Elite's.....
i could type all the unreleased CW's from the VII's and VIII's ....but my fingers hurt 

Originally Posted by daheadache

5cb16d5901ab48729f1eb7e0c54e6fa90a1e0642_r.png

UFC Champ Jon Jones had a pair of concords on episode 1 of UFC145 Primetime...
I caught that and his baby girl has Stealth III's.

Still rooting for Rashad. But Jones is noooooooo joooooooooke.

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by daheadache

5cb16d5901ab48729f1eb7e0c54e6fa90a1e0642_r.png

UFC Champ Jon Jones had a pair of concords on episode 1 of UFC145 Primetime...
I caught that and his baby girl has Stealth III's.

Still rooting for Rashad. But Jones is noooooooo joooooooooke.
Jon Jones is going to make Evans look silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom