♚ Sacramento Kings ♚ Off-Season Thread

I agree its too much, same with Hayes..... But in all fairness, those two would have gotten those contracts from someone else.

So the fact that the Kings were willing to overpay means in a very slight way, the Maloofs were trying to spend this off season.

They were definitely competitive with Hayes, beating out Kahn and the Rockets. And with Thornton, I am sure someone would have offered him the same contract

So all in all, not very exciting signings whatsoever, but in a minor way the Kings were minor players in the FA market. Not bad.

Oh and
As for Marcus Thornton's reported 5-yr, $40 million to Sacramento, one source says "not accurate" and another says there has been a "snag."

Thornton's contract is fair and dare I say "cheap." $8 million a year for his production is adequate. The question now is if he can maintain that same production with a healthy Tyreke next to him. For reference, Kevin Martin (dude he got traded for pretty much) got a 5 year $55 million deal after his rookie deal. 

Kings renounce rights to Dalembert meaning max deal he can get with the Kings is 4 years. Tweeted by Cranell and Jason Jones. 

Expound on what renouncing his rights mean???

Does it make him a UFA??? Cuz I thought he already was.....

By renouncing a player, a team gives up its right to use the Larry Bird, Early Bird, or Non-Bird exceptions (see question number 19) to re-sign that player. A renounced player no longer counts toward team salary, so teams use renouncement to gain additional cap room. After renouncing a player, the team is still permitted to re-sign that player, but must either have enough cap room to fit the salary, or sign the player using the Minimum Salary exception. The exception to this is an Early Bird free agent who is coming off the second season of his rookie scale contract. Such players, when renounced, are treated as Non-Bird free agents.

Ah alright, I was thinking it had something to do with Bird rights. Makes sense

or 31 mil
laugh.gif

@jimmerfredette Signed the deal today so I'm finally an NBA basketball player now! Excited to be apart of the kings organization!

Chris Tomasson
Dalembert on Sacramento: "I understand teams have to do things for financial reasons. They can still make me an offer.’’
What's the point?

I wonder who this big name the Kings are in talks with that Napear keeps talking about.... sounds close.

my guess is AK47...............

Thats what I'm thinking too.

No other player really makes much sense.

Heck AK47 doesn't really even make that much sense
laugh.gif
but I'll take it.

Hope this means we are getting rid of a Garcia or Salmons

Reading Carmichael Dave's tweets I'm pretty sure we are signing Kirilenko
smile.gif

News10Sean Sean Cunningham
For what it’s worth, traded email w/ Andrei Kirilenko’s agent on him signing with the Kings, he said: “Not True. Where do u get this stuff?â€

I dont wanna see Lakers fans at this game..............................

Back
Top Bottom