Ω Godfather of Harlem on EPIX Sun 10pm Ω Starring Forest Whittaker

Premieres tonight after the season finale of Pennyworth and the rest of the season comes after Get Shorty

First 2 episodes already available on demand. Features Malcolm X pretty prominently in the story.

Really dope so far. Cast is pretty stacked with GianCarlo, D'Onorfio, Elvis, etc.

Soundtrack is :pimp:

Last edited:
Damn this is dope. Bumpy going against the Genovese family while forming an uneasy allegiance with Malcolm and the Nation. The nation aspect is a different angle I'm gonna enjoy seeing explored.

A young Frank Lucas gonna be putting in work?

Damn this is dope. Bumpy going against the Genovese family while forming an uneasy allegiance with Malcolm and the Nation. The nation aspect is a different angle I'm gonna enjoy seeing explored.

A young Frank Lucas gonna be putting in work?
Later in the 60s I expect Frank and Nicky to show up heavy.

Good reviews on Metacritic so far:
20190929_141551.jpg

Tried to watch episode 1 & 2 on demand (directv) and you have to subscribe to Epix but I already have the channel. :stoneface:

Will just wait for the episodes to air again.

If Malcolm X and Bumpy are alive then it's definitely early 60s. I thought it was the late 50s due to the cars but you're right, Frank and Nicky should be in this heavy.
I already watched the first ep. Show starts in 1963 after Bumpy gets out of Alcatraz.

5 years til his death so maybe 5 seasons. Frank and Nicky probably show up in s3.
Tried to watch episode 1 & 2 on demand (directv) and you have to subscribe to Epix but I already have the channel. :stoneface:

Will just wait for the episodes to air again.
That's ****ed up. I got fios, not subscribed to Epix, and they've gave us the channel free for the weekend just cuz its premiering. Plus the 2nd episode.

Last edited:
That's ****ed up. I got fios, not subscribed to Epix, and they've gave us the channel free for the weekend just cuz its premiering. Plus the 2nd episode.

Just realized that episode 1 is on the DVR so I haven't missed any episodes. I can wait until they air weekly.

Watched the first 2 eps, this joint is straight. Plus that fine *** Ethiopian joint from She's Gotta Have It is in this.

When's the next episode?

Don't have Epix but I was able to watch it on my apple tv. first two eps were there on demand

first ep was tough. I live in Harlem; actually around the corner from where Bumpy lived. So it's cool to watch this...

Can't wait to check out ep 2 tonight. My only gripe is with the music...it's too modern for the time period but I may be nitpicking.

Episode 3 dropped yesterday. This show is really touching on soo many levels, just like how the drug game effected all facets of life. We go from junkies to musicians to Mafiosos to politicians with every scene change. And we see how all of it comes into direct conflict with Bumpy's personal life. This is a good show.

Hearing good things about this so I’m going to check it out.

I just randomly found out if you have time Warner /spectrum internet service you can use your acct info to get EPIX for free through the epix app.

Wasn't digging the 3rd ep all the way. Whole thing became about this rape in the store and the conmunity about to riot/trash the store.

Also don't care much for the Romeo and Juliet subplot.

It's real foul how they got this Deebo booty warrior on standby to torture and punish dudes :rofl:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom