∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
IMO with HBO Max it would be a good idea.

I might go back and watch the first three seasons.

Gotta rewatch the first season. There is no real difference between HBO and HBO Max but you might be right

Gotta rewatch the first season. There is no real difference between HBO and HBO Max but you might be right

They could continue the series and not have big names and put it on HBO Max. That way it would be cheaper to produce.

The writing to me is more important than the actors IMO, and that's what they need to concentrate on.

Had some down time this month and went through each season in consecutive weeks.

S1 some of the greatest television I’ve ever seen. Rust Cohle was well written, exceptionally performed by MM. Tremendous villain reveal in episode 7. That stash house scene looked like one continuous shot. Just incredible television. Loved that the ending wasn’t really happy since there were still others in that video that will never be caught.

S2 was bloated. Lazy way to write off Colin’s character (he wouldn’t still be riding around in that charger or going to visit any family after being on the run for weeks/months & now with $1 mil in his trunk). They never dove deep into Taylor Kitsch’s military background, and him essentially choosing to walk into a potentially fatal ambush over coming out as gay is absurd. A lot of Vince Vaughn’s lines were also written terribly.

S3 was a great return to form. Ali & Dorff had great chemistry. Dorff’s character had some great lines :lol: I’ve loved Carmen Ejogo since she played Coretta Scott King but her character was infuriating at times :lol: she spent a large chunk of the season completely oblivious to how the case affected Wayne. Also at the end I can’t believe Wayne didn’t record something for himself the day prior write more hints on that paper to jog his memory before he went to go see Julie. Didn’t line up with his character at all. Otherwise, exceptional portrayal of how difficult these cases are to deal with.

Deborah Ayorinde tho. My god. I need her.

S4 probably not happening until 2020 at the earliest but I’ll be tuned in if it gets the green light.
I agree season 1 just GOLD. I tried extra hard with season 2, being from Cali. But damn it was hard at times, like what is you doing in some episodes. I haven't gotten around to 3 but heard it was very good. I think Dorf gets a lot of flak because of his movie choices but he is a solid actor.

Show needs to take some heavy heavy notes from Fargo, which has excelled outside of its great season 1

cause outside of season 1, while there has been great acting, the material itself has left a lot to be desired

So they are finally going to shop the writing out to others? Good for them the original season 1 writer Pizzolatto wrote a masterpiece but should have been given a executive producer role and been told to give his input to the circular file after what he made in season 2.

NT's search useless...the only way I could find this thread was through someone posting the link season 1's thread :smh:

I have some hope, because they've had a long time to develop the fourth season, and because Jodie is involved.

Back
Top Bottom