∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
Pizzalotto dude is a clown. His S2 was trash and S3 was really mostly getting a great actor at his peak to carry.

Season 2 was beyond trash, and the reason I skipped season 3. Whose genius idea was to have star of comedies and rom com's Vince Vaughn in s2? Colin Farrell and Rachel McAdams were ok, still the script sucked

I have my complaints about the show

The ice cave thing seems like a big nitpick

Given the information they show gave, it seems like a perfectly reasonable revelation

In fact, it was one of the few things the show set up decently

Yeah I need an explanation on this point. I was trying to convince myself I was bugging and was missing something blatantly obvious.

Didn’t they have goddamn maps at one point? :lol:

You didn't miss a damn thing, man, the show was ridiculous.

If you apply a modicum of critical thinking towards the plot it's laughably bad.

Time truly is a flat circle, we're going to continue getting trash season after trash season of this series.

I’m actually pretty excited to rewatch season 2 with a fresh perspective and a completely different set of expectations. It’s been a decade, I’d be lying if I said I remember the actual storyline all too well. :lol:

I mean, no one forcing you to watch it and come vent on here about it either....

Everything led us to believe Night Country would be great. Super hyped by critics early, epic setting, Jodie Foster, etc

If something similar happens for S5 we’ll all take the bait again 100%.

As the season progressed I knew we were being had. Had to finish though, since I already dedicated 4 hours.

Everything led us to believe Night Country would be great. Super hyped by critics early, epic setting, Jodie Foster, etc

If something similar happens for S5 we’ll all take the bait again 100%.
and some of us indeed thought it was great.

YOU didn't like it.

I mean it's all subjective

You have your reasons for not liking it and that's valid.

I have my reasons for liking it and that's valid too.

This season entertained to me, but the last episode was lackluster.
I think I will start the highly respected Season 1 sometime soon.

HBO saw all those ratings for Season 4, but after that ending I doubt they see the same or more numbers for Season 5.

PO

I would have stopped watching after the second episode but the internet folks kept saying the next episodes were supposed to be fire

I was bamboozled
As the season progressed I knew we were being had. Had to finish though, since I already dedicated 4 hours.

We all got Hank Prior'd:

1708736188161.png

Looking back on my initial thoughts I think my judgment felt a bit rushed. I’ve had time to digest it and i’ve come to this conclusion.

This is amongst one of the worst seasons i’ve ever seen.
Leaned way too hard in to the supernatural.
Undercooked storylines.
Rushed ending.
Way too long to piece together meaningful mysteries.
Bad acting.
**** pacing.

0.5/10

The .5 was for ol’ girls riding game.

Edit: If you claimed you liked this, don’t ever recommend anything to me. I know it’s trash.

This was still way better than S2.

I personally enjoyed the season and felt it was well put together, except for the very ending.

The scene involving the statement and Navarro’s disappearance and subsequent reunion with Danvers left me questioning its coherence.

This was still way better than S2.

I personally enjoyed the season and felt it was well put together, except for the very ending.

The scene involving the statement and Navarro’s disappearance and subsequent reunion with Danvers left me questioning its coherence.
Who says that was Navarro "in the flesh" in the "reunion"scene with Danvers?

Who says that was Navarro "in the flesh" in the "reunion"scene with Danvers?
That's what I was thinking with that scene :lol:, they left it open to interpretation deliberately.

Her coming back to visit Danvers after crossing over herself lines up with the theme of the season

Back
Top Bottom