∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
Don't get caught up with a lot of the easter eggs, if anyone watched S1 you should know they don't mean anything & are designed to simply spark online convos.

Remember this? It sparked sooooo much convo...
S1.JPG

Still no clue why the brother was killed at this point...

My guess is Will saw something in Devil's Den that he shouldn't have.

Thought crossed my mind too...

According to the one teenage kid Will was out looking for his sister when they saw him...My thought is she got picked up then Will was killed to keep it quiet...

Honestly, if it were for the great acting from Ali, Dorff, Carmen Ejogo, & the rest of the cast, this season would be very meh. pizzolatto is using the same exact things he did with season 1 almost verbatim.

I was wondering why ep 6 Hunterss In The Dark told such a taut/linear story especially as the times changed & I saw that he had someone named Graham Gordy help him write the script.

Was the best ep all season. There was no redundancy or dead weight in the story telling like there was in the previous 5 eps.

Porch scene or diner scene w/ Dan as best (acting) of the season?

Sounded more like some Gone Baby Gone type of deal, if you've ever seen that.

Saw this for the first time actually last month. Say it ain't say Morgan Freeman :ohwell: :lol: good movie tho.

I'm sorry, but this season is the ****

In my honest opinion I felt the pacing and dialogue of the first few episodes were awful. I knew it had potential so I kept hope

And I have been blown away with the writing and even more by the acting. My lord what a season

So many Red Herring's it can legit be a show centered on them :lol: at this point just enjoying the ride

Sooooo we thinking Roland and Tom had a relationship? I mean, when Roland picked him up from the bar, Tom crashed at his place right

Roland was pretty sensitive about the queer underground stuff

I could see the Roland thing and obviously would explain the no wife and kids thing

Also dude knowing the politics of stuff of the game and how to get ahead. and I think he told Hays to hold off on stuff
I mean, you're saying Roland is bi then. Because Roland very clearly liked women. I don't think he was faking that scene where he scoped out the women at church and ended up dating Laurie for years

There's something probably very important to the story as to why Roland never had a wife, kids. He reveals this when he reunites with Wayne in 2015. It seems like something major happened, possibly Wayne's fault (Roland was insinuating this), that caused Roland to become a loner and hermit with no family

I think the withholding thing was about them keeping their emotions buried inside them. I did wonder the same thing, that was my take
I took it as Wayne asking if his son was covering up anything on Wayne's behalf. It's clear Wayne and Roland got their hands dirty and obviously were not caught. Wayne can never remember anything so he wanted to see if his son knew anything that would help him remember more about the case

Sorry for the 4th post, but the scene with 2015 Roland and Wayne in the room was intense. I don't if it's another Red herring but Roland gave me bad vibes

Felt like the sedan was gonna be Roland's car

Something might be up there

My wife has been enjoying S3 so I introduced her to S1. She likes that season a lot more. We’re 3 eps in. Forgot how much I loved the opening song & intro. Wife gave props to Alexandra Daddario’s chi chis.. she said they were spectacular. :lol:

Just caught up to this season. I need to go back and watch S2 at some point. S1 was good.

The Final Country

Wayne and Roland track down a man who left the police force in the midst of the Purcell investigation; Amelia visits Lucy Purcell's best friend in hopes of gaining insights into the whereabouts of the mysterious one-eyed man.

After watching S1, I can’t reconcile the same writer did S2 & S3. How can anyone regress like that?

The story telling is so dramatically different than the later 2 seasons. If it were for the great acting in this season, it would be so meh. Ali, Ejogo, & Dorff do the best with very meh material.

My wife really liked S1 & agreed it’s one of the best seasons of tv she’s seen.

Damn...Coming together now...

Feel sorry for Tom...Poor guy lost his kids then got killed when he finally got the whole thing put together...

Back
Top Bottom