∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
yea.. hard for me to believe that a parent would be able to pick out random drawings and coloring as their child's without identifying marks or things

like say a child with a sibling and dog drawing 2 parents, a sibling and a dog.. and even then that would be iffey, because that could be very very very common

and i wouldnt even dream of questioning the love of a parent who could or couldnt do that

If you went into a room expecting to see evidence of your daughter and found drawings that resemble those of your daughter, including a blonde child with a ponytail that looked like your daughter, your response is probably going to be to think it’s your daughters. Even if there had been NO drawings, a pink decorated little girl’s room in a basement dungeon is going to lead you or any other parent to make the leap to “my daughter was here” since you already believed that.

Y’all are going too hard to poke holes in the one thing that’s pretty simple and cut and dry. Some people are just salty there’s no yellow king at the end of the rainbow :lol:

Also thinking about it, this season would’ve been better served if it was being told in a more linear way...Could’ve started the first couple episodes in 1980, couple more in 1990, final bunch in 2015...To me it would’ve definitely served to tell the story in a more cohesive way...

The disjointed time skip format helped with the mystery aspect though. People were engaged specifically because they thought there was more going on. You don’t get a lot of the false leads without the back and forth time jumps.

and why would the hoyt family just leave that pink room exactly how they left it?
you would think since they are killing folks an hiding stuff they would at least change or hide the evidence in the room

If you went into a room expecting to see evidence of your daughter and found drawings that resemble those of your daughter, including a blonde child with a ponytail that looked like your daughter, your response is probably going to be to think it’s your daughters. Even if there had been NO drawings, a pink decorated little girl’s room in a basement dungeon is going to lead you or any other parent to make the leap to “my daughter was here” since you already believed that.

Y’all are going too hard to poke holes in the one thing that’s pretty simple and cut and dry. Some people are just salty there’s no yellow king at the end of the rainbow :lol:

going too hard?

a pink room and blonde haired child in a child's drawing is supposed to make me jump to the conclusion that THAT is my daughter's work?

especially when there is 2 other people in the drawing AND names on top of the drawings, none of which is my daughter's name

again, i could see if the drawing had the name of the little girl.. or maybe the image of her little brother in the pose he was left in or something that could make it easier to identify other than a drawing by a little girl of a blonde haired little girl with 2 other people i dont know

Bruh it's really not that serious. You been coming at theorists for the last several weeks already :lol: part of the fun of this type of show is using the clues that the writers give you to try and solve the mystery

Acting like your team just won a damn championship or something

this and a pink room is why dude is supposed to know his daughter was there.. this:

screen-shot-2019-02-25-at-11.39.51-am.png

Bruh it's really not that serious. You been coming at theorists for the last several weeks already :lol: part of the fun of this type of show is using the clues that the writers give you to try and solve the mystery

Acting like your team just won a damn championship or something

All I'm pointing out is, the complaint "WHY WOULD THE GRIEVING PARANOID DAD THINK HIS DAUGHTER WAS IN THE DUNGEON JUST OFF A PINK ROOM AND DRAWING THAT LOOKS SIMILAR TO HER?!" seems silly...

Dudes are really in here arguing that, THAT'S the ridiculous part of the season. No championships. We're on a discussion board so I'm discussing. It's pretty sensible that he would think that drawing, which is similar to the drawings his daughter made at home, was done by his daughter. Especially considering the WHOLE reason for the kidnapping is that the grieving mother (Isabel) thought Julie resembled her daughter, solely off the strength of her being blonde. Speaking of, he went TO the pink room expecting to find Julie and found a drawing of a little girl that looked like his daughter when he last saw her.

latest

this and a pink room is why dude is supposed to know his daughter was there.. this:

No, the reason he knew his daughter was there is because other people specifically told him she was. He would not have even gone to the pink room if he did not expect to find evidence of Julie. It's not like he was on a directionless stroll and stumbled on street graffiti.

i really think you need to read what i actually wrote.. look at that picture again.. then reread what i wrote.. look at what you wrote.. and then we can talk

yea.. hard for me to believe that a parent would be able to pick out random drawings and coloring as their child's without identifying marks or things

like say a child with a sibling and dog drawing 2 parents, a sibling and a dog.. and even then that would be iffey, because that could be very very very common

and i wouldnt even dream of questioning the love of a parent who could or couldnt do that

i really think you need to read what i actually wrote.. look at that picture again.. then reread what i wrote.. look at what you wrote.. and then we can talk

He went to find his daughter in a dungeon. He found a literal pink room. He found pictures, drawn by a child, of a pink castle. His daughter used to draw a pink room and castle. There is a picture of a blonde child. His daughter was a blonde child. It is absolutely reasonable that he would presume that the pictures were drawn by, or are of, Julie. Clearly Hays and Roland immediately came to that conclusion. You're trying too hard to find a gripe there.

You're trying too hard to find a gripe there.

you believe what i wrote is trying hard?

i truly feel sorry for you then because you should really expect more of people

i simply wouldnt judge or expect any parent to be able to identify there child because of seeing this and a pink room:

Y’all are crazy with this picture debate :lol:...

Putting myself in Toms position...I’ve been trying to find my daughter for the past decade, unsure if she’s alive or dead...I’ve now heard what I’m told by the police, is a recording of her making a call to the case tip line (Evidence she wasn’t killed in 1980 - but rather abducted)...I’ve seen what I’m told is a picture of her as an adult (Reinforcement of the evidence she’s alive)...My dead wife’s cousin / lover told me she knew the Hoyt’s were involved and was extorting money from them...I make my way to the Hoyt’s basement where I find a vault...Inside the vault I find a pink room, that looks to have been lived in by a child...On the wall I see a child’s drawings...

What exactly am I supposed to think in that moment? Am I thinking ~ hey look, some kid has been drawing on the wall down here in this vault room decorated for a little girl? Hell no! I’m thinking my missing daughter was abducted and forced to live in there where she drew those damn pictures...

You guys honestly think his daughter wouldn’t be the very first thing on his mind when he saw that...Seriously?

you believe what i wrote is trying hard?

i truly feel sorry for you then because you should really expect more of people

i simply wouldnt judge or expect any parent to be able to identify there child because of seeing this and a pink room:

Again... and we're talking in circles because you're willfully ignoring what I keep saying so it's a pointless exercise:

1. We knew for a fact Julie liked to draw pictures. It was made apparent that the pictures in the Purcell house were MOST likely clues to who the kidnappers were.
2. He only went to the Hoyt house because he was told Julie had been there.
3. In the Hoyt house he found drawings similar to those in the clues Julie had left. One of the drawings was of a blonde girl. Julie is blonde. One of Julie's drawings he had found at the Purcell house was of literally the same pink room he was standing in and viewing this new drawing.
True_Detective_season_3_drawing_2.jpg

4. HE WAS A DESPERATE GRIEVING AND PARANOID FATHER WHO WENT THERE EXPECTING TO FIND EVIDENCE OF HIS DAUGHTER.

Yes, you're fishing for something to gripe about if him jumping to the conclusion that his daughter had drawn that is what you think was ridiculous about the plot. Pizza Lotto literally held every viewers hand and walked them through this. In my opinion, the super accurate drawings of the pink room in the beginning was him beating show watchers over the head with the point too much.

“Princess Mary”

If I’m Tom, I have hope.. but I wouldn’t conclude it’s my daughter

1. We knew for a fact Julie liked to draw pictures.

How many little girls do you think are in this world that like to draw pictures?

How many of those little girls do you think are named Mary?

The color pink seems to be used pretty regularly for little girls.. also there are a lot of blonde haired little girls

The reason the Hoyt family is even interested in the girl is because of her resemblance to the little girl that was lost

“Princess Mary”

If I’m Tom, I have hope.. but I wouldn’t conclude it’s my daughter

Im going to guess you don’t have kids...

I’m pretty eye to eye with you on this season but on this I think I have to disagree man...

If my kids came up missing and one of them was later found dead...ALL of my thinking for the rest of my life is circled around that in some form or fashion...No way in the world I’m getting the info Tom got, finding that room, seeing that drawing, and not think my daughter drew it...In that moment there wouldn’t be a single thing in the world that would make me think otherwise...

Im going to guess you don’t have kids...

I’m pretty eye to eye with you on this season but on this I think I have to disagree man...

If my kids came up missing and one of them was later found dead...ALL of my thinking for the rest of my life is circled around that in some form or fashion...No way in the world I’m getting the info Tom got, finding that room, seeing that drawing, and not think my daughter drew it...In that moment there wouldn’t be a single thing in the world that would make me think otherwise...

I’m practical

Again, without any identifying marks to give it away the only conclusion I would draw is that whoever owns the place has a thing for blonde little girls

Hence why I said I would have a degree of hope

For example, if I had a pet nickname for my daughter AND that was above the little girl’s head on the wall.. I could buy that

But I wouldn’t expect any parent to be able to pick out a child’s drawing and definitely state that is their child’s.. a simple google search should exemplify how absurd of a task that is

I’m practical

Again, without any identifying marks to give it away the only conclusion I would draw is that whoever owns the place has a thing for blonde little girls

Hence why I said I would have a degree of hope

For example, if I had a pet nickname for my daughter AND that was above the little girl’s head on the wall.. I could buy that

But I wouldn’t expect any parent to be able to pick out a child’s drawing and definitely state that is their child’s.. a simple google search should exemplify how absurd of a task that is

IATT IATT like:

IATT aint trying to hear it
sabu.png

Again, if there was some sort of identifying mark.. Sure I could buy that

but a drawing of a blonde girl with the name “princess Mary”

Hell, if we got some scene with the dad affectionately calling her that cause maybe her middle name is Mary or something.. again I could buy that

I just wouldnt expect any parent to be able to pick out their little child’s drawings or artwork.. and if they said they could, just to mess with them I’d love to test it out and see if they really could in comparison with every other little kid in their class

I am by no means an expect in the field.. but I did enough in my criminal law and evidence classes in law school to doubt the reliability of that.. I mean people unfortunately misidentify other people and that’s direct evidence, fortunately for some DNA evidence has been able to overturn some wrongly convictions in those sorts of cases

But we are well aware that another blonde little girl was on the property not that long before his daughter was.. and even now we assume that his daughter definitively drew that picture

Back
Top Bottom