∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
Again, if there was some sort of identifying mark.. Sure I could buy that

but a drawing of a blonde girl with the name “princess Mary”

Hell, if we got some scene with the dad affectionately calling her that cause maybe her middle name is Mary or something.. again I could buy that

I just wouldnt expect any parent to be able to pick out their little child’s drawings or artwork.. and if they said they could, just to mess with them I’d love to test it out and see if they really could in comparison with every other little kid in their class

I am by no means an expect in the field.. but I did enough in my criminal law and evidence classes in law school to doubt the reliability of that.. I mean people unfortunately misidentify other people and that’s direct evidence, fortunately for some DNA evidence has been able to overturn some wrongly convictions in those sorts of cases

But we are well aware that another blonde little girl was on the property not that long before his daughter was.. and even now we assume that his daughter definitively drew that picture

Suspension of disbelief...Sometimes when watching movies and shows like this you have to put yourself in the caharacters shoes...

Can’t say ol’Tom would be thinking with a practical perspective in that situation...In fact he’d probably be as far away from practical as a person could possibly be at that point...

Also they had a cut scene that showed Julie drawing the pictures...

Suspension of disbelief...Sometimes when watching movies and shows like this you have to put yourself in the caharacters shoes...

Can’t say ol’Tom would be thinking with a practical perspective in that situation...In fact he’d probably be as far away from practical as a person could possibly be at that point...

Also they had a cut scene that showed Julie drawing the pictures...

As that father, I’d hope that hopefully my little blonde girl had been there and I had a clue.. since you assume that a little girl had been in the room

But given the heartbreak that father had suffered to that point, I would expect him to be especially cynical

And being practical, identifying the artwork of a child without it being specifically pointed out or something to clue you in is hard

As that father, I’d hope that hopefully my little blonde girl had been there and I had a clue.. since you assume that a little girl had been in the room

But given the heartbreak that father had suffered to that point, I would expect him to be especially cynical

And being practical, identifying the artwork of a child without it being specifically pointed out or something to clue you in is hard

Agree to disagree man :nthat:...

isabella wasnt a weak plot device to yall? or will?

Sure was...To me at least...They could’ve given her entire plot line to old man Hoyt and it would’ve served the same purpose...

Will I kind of agree with though...They needed to put the idea that Julie might’ve been killed as well out there...

You just said you took criminal law classes and talk about witnesses misidentifying people all the time. You're acknowledging human nature makes people susceptible to confirmation bias. The average person would reasonably make the evidentiary leap to "my daughter was here." Especially since multiple things at this point have told you she was.

Sure was...To me at least...They could’ve given her entire plot line to old man Hoyt and it would’ve served the same purpose...

it was cheap storytelling. A lot of it was. That might have been because of the time crunch, but I think it was mostly just the writer having fun with conspiracy theorists by alluding to all the season 1 cultist stuff and having people jump to conclusions, then being like, no it was actually just an accident.

Agree to disagree man :nthat:...

What exactly of what I said are you disagreeing with?

Do you think it’s easy to pick out a child’s artwork without something to distinguish it?

For example, if the child put a huge star in the right hand corner of all her drawings and did that there.. then again I could understand.. a distinguishing mark

Do you think it’s easy to pick out a child’s artwork without something to distinguish it?

For example, if the child put a huge star in the right hand corner of all her drawings and did that there.. then again I could understand.. a distinguishing mark

Deaded man moving on...All chill over here...

it was cheap storytelling. A lot of it was. That might have been because of the time crunch, but I think it was mostly just the writer having fun with conspiracy theorists by alluding to all the season 1 cultist stuff and having people jump to conclusions, then being like, no it was actually just an accident.

Season would’ve benefited greatly with a couple more episodes that’s for sure...

It doesn't matter if it's LITERALLY his daughter's artwork. The point is that he would reasonably conclude it would be. He didn't live to confirm it either way (although maybe getting yoked up and shot for being in that room was confirmation enough to him.) I don't get why you're dwelling so hard on him THINKING it was his daughter's art. It doesn't matter. It was, but it doesn't matter. Mans went looking for his daughter. He found evidence that was probably left by his daughter.

If your cat ran away from home and it was a black cat, and you saw a black cat dart across your street into the bushes, you wouldn't literally know for a fact if it's your cat. But a reasonable reaction in that moment, based on the fact that you suspected your cat was in the area, would be to think "hey that's my cat."

You just said you took criminal law classes and talk about witnesses misidentifying people all the time. You're acknowledging human nature makes people susceptible to confirmation bias. The average person would reasonably make the evidentiary leap to "my daughter was here." Especially since multiple things at this point have told you she was.

Im not a psychologist, I won’t pretend to know why people do things.. however, there isn’t just 1 simple reason

However, I do realize mistakes get made

For example, the car I drive everyday.. I’m not the only person with that make model or color

However not many people have the scratch my dog put on my driver’s side door on their vehicle.. something simple.. but it distinguishes my car from the many other

WTH is even the debate at this point? :lol:

One user said something another user didn’t agree with and then that first user didn’t agree with that then some other user didn’t agree with that last user then.....................Oh yeah...Another user didn’t agree with the first user...

NT man...It’s what we do :lol:....

Think I’m gonna go ahead and rewatch season 2 for the first time.

I personally didn’t hate it like most people did. Plus, Rachel McAdams :pimp: :pimp:

That one scene where they had Vince beat up that one guy in his office

They really tried to make him a real life Wilson Fisk :lol:

I think I blocked out every scene his character was in...It’s the way my brain deals with traumatic injury I guess...

Back
Top Bottom