☘️ Boston Celtics Official 2023-2024 Regular Season Thread ☘️

Good article. His defense has been very good this year and another reason why I think he should absolutely be in the ASG.

Loved reading this too-

While Tatum and Brown have never exchanged a harsh word, last season the future cornerstones were not nearly as collaborative as they are this season.

"They are two special players," Walker says, "and this is their team. I love watching them when they are in a groove together."

"I really like how my relationship with Jaylen has grown this year," Tatum says. "We've known each other a long time -- all the way back to high school. It's been really exciting to take that next step with him."

Idk i love tatum. But hes gotten too much praise too quick and hes slow as hell. Feel like he’s more of a Paul Pierce

Slow as hell? Wut :lol:

Who are we comparing Tatum to in saying that he's slow? He doesn't move any different than somebody like Paul George, per se.

How we feeling about the Celtics potentially being Capela suitors? :nerd:
I think he’s basically what we dream of Timelord becoming. Theis has been awesome for us, but I think Capela would be an upgrade, is locked up on a long term contract for his prime at a decent and tradable amount, and fits with the core 5 perfectly.

He’s basically had to be the defensive anchor of a team with no good perimeter defenders in front of him other than Tucker. I think he’d really thrive in Brad’s system with our defenders on the perimeter.

To me, it’s a low risk high reward play. Seems like folks on Cs reddit are against it though.

I think he’s basically what we dream of Timelord becoming. Theis has been awesome for us, but I think Capela would be an upgrade, is locked up on a long term contract for his prime at a decent and tradable amount, and fits with the core 5 perfectly.

He’s basically had to be the defensive anchor of a team with no good perimeter defenders in front of him other than Tucker. I think he’d really thrive in Brad’s system with our defenders on the perimeter.

To me, it’s a low risk high reward play. Seems like folks on Cs reddit are against it though.

What do you think we'd have to give up realistically?

Celtics reddit is tough when it comes to trades, grossly overrate every single player on the roster :lol:

What do you think we'd have to give up realistically?

Celtics reddit is tough when it comes to trades, grossly overrate every single player on the roster :lol:
I think it’s probably Theis, Romeo, and a pick of some sort. The 3way with Covington makes a lot of sense.

If we are getting rid of Romeo, I’d like to hold onto the MEM pick to get another young guard/wing for the future to come off bench.

Aw man I hate that we haven't really gotten a chance to see Romeo play any meaningful minutes. Despite not playing, he still looks pretty good when he does check in. I get it though, it's hard to make time for him given the surplus of wings.

Aw man I hate that we haven't really gotten a chance to see Romeo play any meaningful minutes. Despite not playing, he still looks pretty good when he does check in. I get it though, it's hard to make time for him given the surplus of wings.
I wanna see him play more too. He looks so indifferent on the bench..he looks bored and unhappy.

I think Romeo has a lot of potential and promise. Could see him in the Wannamaker role next year, but not sure what the path is to being more than that if we are going forward with the core 5.

Hopefully he gets to play a decent amount tonight with Kemba and Marcus both out.

Great W last night without Kemba and Marcus. I hope Theis is okay after getting banged up.

Anyway, yall got ideas on trades? I feel so conflicted about this team cuz they're playing so well together but there's a glaring need for a solid big. Kanter/Theis have done a tremendous job so far, and I can't wait for Timelord to come back, but I feel it's gonna be challenging for them come playoff time. I hope I'm wrong tho :lol:

Back
Top Bottom