☘️ Boston Celtics Official 2023-2024 Regular Season Thread ☘️

Tatum isn't the problem. As cliche as it has sounded for the past couple years he's still only 23 and not completely polished offensively. He'll be fine.

He's also very clearly in a shooting slump. We have 4 years of evidence showing he's a damn good shooter.

Would like to see Ime run more PnR with him. Don't really feel like he's being put in the best situations, making him iso way more than he should be.

Tatum isn't the problem. As cliche as it has sounded for the past couple years he's still only 23 and not completely polished offensively. He'll be fine.
The celtics not going to the rim has been a problem. The lackluster performances/ no-hustling, has been a problem. Al Horford and maybe Brown the only ones giving an effort. 7 games in, time to get going now.

Tatum tends to start the season off very slowly. Happened 2 years ago. I think his first 2 months, he shot 37% and 41%. I’m not concerned about him at all.

Tatum tends to start the season off very slowly. Happened 2 years ago. I think his first 2 months, he shot 37% and 41%. I’m not concerned about him at all.
Theres a diff between starting slow and looking like you dont even wanna play

I don’t know why this is even a subject of late. I was listening to the NBA channel on my way home from work and a lot of the commentary is that JB and Tatum aren’t compatible. They were talking JB or Tatum for Simmons, turned the channel at that point.
They can definitely work. Doesn’t mean they have to be on the floor at the same time all game. They can start the game together and then switch off until the fourth quarter. Anyways I’m loving the pace tonight

Jaylen-Brown-sounds-off-after-disappointing-2OT-loss-vs-Wizards.jpg

First time in the team's history that they're 0-3 at home to start a season. Boston we have a problem.

They could make it as simple as running 1 play with multiple options. But theyd rather play pick up basketball

Yeah I'm a no on trading JB :lol:
Contested zero shots yesterday.

ZERO. His offense is fine, but his defense has been a pure dumpster fire thus far.

Attachments

• BCD6BD90-E807-44AD-9258-45959A4F823F.png
    BCD6BD90-E807-44AD-9258-45959A4F823F.png
    259.6 KB · Views: 257
Who would you trade him for (that's a feasible trade)? Just out of curiosity.

Tough to say. I’m not even sure who’s available other than Simmons, and that’s a big no for me. Lots of **** going on behind the scenes with Simmons from what I’m hearing . That dude might never recover.

First if all NOBODY WANTS BRAD STEVENS BACK. guy never called time out and let us drown on the court.

Smart is not totally wrong with what he said, hes been feeling this way for a while. But at the same time.. Im wondering if he wants out of Boston because those comments are definitley a ticket off the team.

Every team is going to have a plan to defend the superstar. But The Celtics have two healthy superstars so it should be easier for them. They do need to pass more maybe they should watch 07-08 Celtics. These kids literally have all the best past players and legends at their finger tips for advice but they think they know it all. Tell ya one thing im sick of Jayson Tatum throwing his hands at the refs and complaining while failing to get back on defense

If a Smart trade is on the table, I don't even think it can happen until end of January. So if he's forcing himself off the team then we're in for a rough stretch and he could even potentially tank his trade value. Hope that's not the case. If it is the case I hope it's for a third piece. Preferably a creator at PG who can also get his, or 3rd star that compliments the Jays.

If a Smart trade is on the table, I don't even think it can happen until end of January. So if he's forcing himself off the team then we're in for a rough stretch and he could even potentially tank his trade value. Hope that's not the case. If it is the case I hope it's for a third piece. Preferably a creator at PG who can also get his, or 3rd star that compliments the Jays.

Marcus doesn’t need to tank his trade value. Sadly, it is happening naturally. Lol. Only 8 games in but he’s been a disappointment.

I love Smart, but I think his time is up here. Tatum and Brown won’t develop as leaders so long as Marcus is in that locker room. His presence is too strong.

Seriously though…..pay attention to Jaylen. He has clashed with many players over the years. Mook, Hayward, Smart, Rozier, Kyrie……he has rubbed people the wrong way very often.

The funniest thing is he hasn’t “clashed” with JT, despite everyone in the media always trying to pit them against each other :lol:

Seriously though…..pay attention to Jaylen. He has clashed with many players over the years. Mook, Hayward, Smart, Rozier, Kyrie……he has rubbed people the wrong way very often.

They mentioned this on the radio. A lot of blame has been thrown around over the past 3-4 years but JT, JB and Smart are really the only common denominators :lol:

Back
Top Bottom