☘️ Boston Celtics Official 2023-2024 Regular Season Thread ☘️

So we thinking Tatum going back to the 3??

Dennis, smart, brown, tatum, horford was what i was thinking for starters

wouldnt mind if it was dennis, brown, tatum, lord, horford either

I wouldn’t mind that…Smart, JB, JT, Horford, Rob

Dennis, JRich, Langford, Grant, Kanter

prob the deepest team we’ve had in awhile

I agree man. It will definitely take some pressure off Rob cuz now they can have Horford do a little bit more of spacing/passing, dirty work in the paint, and occasional 3s

Competitive bench if you ask me especially with Pritchard and Nesmith plugged in for shooting purposes

So we thinking Tatum going back to the 3??

Dennis, smart, brown, tatum, horford was what i was thinking for starters

wouldnt mind if it was dennis, brown, tatum, lord, horford either

The way it sounds is Smart is gonna be the primary ball handler, so I doubt him and Dennis start together.

I think we'd be more likely to see Smart/JRich/Brown/Tatum/Horford or Rob (depending on matchup)

The way it sounds is Smart is gonna be the primary ball handler, so I doubt him and Dennis start together.

I think we'd be more likely to see Smart/JRich/Brown/Tatum/Horford or Rob (depending on matchup)
Yea i heard people say theyd rather have smart as facilitator so he wont shoot as much :rofl:

Idk why people talk crap about smart. Hes a good 3 point shooter now compared to 4 years ago and hes hit big shots/layups when we need.

What annoys me about Smart is the fact that his shot selections are questionable at times.

I hope him being a full time 1 would decrease those attempts and instead he should focus more on facilitating the tempo, playmaking, etc.

Really need Ime to have a willingness to play Nesmith/Langford over Richardson if he’s showing that he doesn’t have it. IMO Richardson is just a salary filler stop gap guy at this point. We need to see the young guys who may actually have a future with the franchise develop.

Last edited:
Really need Ime to have a willingness to play Nesmith/Langford over Richardson if he’s showing that he doesn’t have it. IMO Richardson is just a salary filler stop gap guy at this point. We need to see the young guys who may actually have a future with the franchise develop.

Dude looks washed already. Can’t believe we signed him to an extension so early. Nesmith should mos definitely be ahead of him in the rotation

Dude looks washed already. Can’t believe we signed him to an extension so early. Nesmith should mos definitely be ahead of him in the rotation
Not really mad at the extension. He’s at the perfect salary to combine with Horford for a max guy. If he can figure some things out and get somewhat back to what he once was, he’s that salary filler that can also be a really nice bench piece for a year.

Not really mad at the extension. He’s at the perfect salary to combine with Horford for a max guy. If he can figure some things out and get somewhat back to what he once was, he’s that salary filler that can also be a really nice bench piece for a year.

One of these guys in a Celtics discord I frequent - one of his buddies who works in media says that Al’s gonna retire a Celtic. Even gone as far to discuss what his next contract will look like. If we are trading for a max guy like Lavine or Beal, it’s likely that it will be Smart, Williams and Richardson to leave.

As for Richardson - I hope he can find his jumper. He played really well for the Sixers, but seems to have just lost his way now.

We need to trade Jaylen before we become the Trailblazers. He and Tatum are redundant. Here’s a chart of their game scores. Jaylen is the Y-axis (vertical) and Tatum is the X-axis. Too many instances where one guy plays well and the other is a non-factor.
3E390ACB-064B-4410-8A37-5FFCF2F74BEE.jpeg

I'd hate to trade Jaylen :frown:

Rather find a 3rd piece to pair with the Jays and give that a shot if possible.

Moving Jaylen for someone isn't really going to make us drastically better.

3rd piece is what is needed.

Need to hope that the front office has something up their sleeve for next summer.

You can find a 3rd piece, but that still isn’t changing the fact that Tatum and Brown don’t compliment each other. One’s success comes at the expense of the other way too often. Basically a bigger version of Dame and CJ.

Back
Top Bottom