⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jape jape I'm not sure this is the right strategy at all to play against us. You guys should have some sort of pace up front to try and catch us out with our high line.

it's a diamond 4-4-2
barca have looked their best in this formation but the way barca play that formation switches many times a match depending on where messi moves too.
but i wouldn't be surprised if that's completely wrong and barca go to the 4-3-3
quique's tactics worked really well last match and that's mainly because he played frenkie in a free role from a deeper position. he was playing higher up in between the lines previously and that's not his strength. usually suited for a smaller more agile attacking mid.
he received the ball deep last match and many times just drove straight forward which collapsed napoli earlier than they were used to. barca also moved messi further up than usual which coincidentally freed up space for frenkie.

what formation do you think bayern will go with?
i really don't see bayern winning the center of the pitch. yall's speed on the outside has to be efficient on the night. luckily for you guys barca really struggle with mobile attacks.
team is getting older and slower.

Just caught the highlights for ManU. That gk Johnsson had one of the best performances ive ever seen in a while from a gk. Them feets saves were nasty

it's a diamond 4-4-2
barca have looked their best in this formation but the way barca play that formation switches many times a match depending on where messi moves too.
but i wouldn't be surprised if that's completely wrong and barca go to the 4-3-3
quique's tactics worked really well last match and that's mainly because he played frenkie in a free role from a deeper position. he was playing higher up in between the lines previously and that's not his strength. usually suited for a smaller more agile attacking mid.
he received the ball deep last match and many times just drove straight forward which collapsed napoli earlier than they were used to. barca also moved messi further up than usual which coincidentally freed up space for frenkie.

what formation do you think bayern will go with?
i really don't see bayern winning the center of the pitch. yall's speed on the outside has to be efficient on the night. luckily for you guys barca really struggle with mobile attacks.
team is getting older and slower.

We're going to play our usual 4-2-1-3. I don't think we need to change too much. Our main strategy will probably be to keep heavy pressure on everyone else and make it hell for them to make plays on the ball and to have a hard time finding messi. Also will push messi/suarez wide insted of allowing them to stay central as much as possible. I think we will win the game by dominating both flanks. The speed of Davies/Coman and Kimmich/Gnabry running down both sides is going to be the difference. You guys dont have the pace to keep up with them imo. We need to dominate possession and keep pinning you guys back with our press. Minimize messi's opportunities to create special moments and we win the game.

Sidenote: Flick was the assistant for germany in the 14 WC and managed the defensive gameplan. He basically echoed those sentiments. You focus on shutting down everyone else and don't allow them to even get the ball to messi instead of letting him get it then focusing on trying to stop him.

It's going to be a hell of a match and I can't wait.

Dortmund should sell Sancho for 120 to united then buy havertz for 80+ add ons. He's the closest they'll get to filling that RW spot without throwing away money. Buying havertz basically guarantees they'll get at least 80 back in a few years if he chooses to go. Best development spot for Havertz as well imo

That’s not a bad shout, but spending that much on a player has never been Dortmund’s m.o. I think they will once again invest in a cheaper/least known talent and develop them. I see the sancho deal happening but only when jadon forces the move. Just like auba/dembele.. they get their money and they can save face by saying the player made them do it.

BVB has just tweeted this

Brooooooo, Dortmund went sooooo hard yesterday - sending a clips worth of shots to United/Woody :rofl:

If Expressions was a fan of a bigger team, he’d be the most famous fan-personality in the world alongside Robbie - Literal genius.

14A2992E-97F4-4FE8-AB39-7CEEB7ED4550.jpeg

1597149160071.jpeg

Golovin finessed a move to AS Monaco from that WC a lone :lol:
Wasn't Russia one of the oldest squads too? Their whole backline had to have been 40 yrs old.

-edit : they were 6th oldest and had a 38 year old CB along with other defenders in their late 20s or early to mid 30s :lol:

Last edited:
Golovin finessed a move to AS Monaco from that WC a lone :lol:
Wasn't Russia one of the oldest squads too? Their whole backline had to have been 40 yrs old.
Yup, they had an average age of 29 yet they covered the 5th most distance all tourney behind the 4 squads who made the semi's and had a 3rd place match :lol: :lol:

Was wild seeing them out sprinting fresh subs late in games like nothing :rofl:

Thiago Bid won't be finalized until Bayern finishes up Champions league. Liverpool doesn't want to take that away from him by going through with the transfer and telling him to sit out champions league avoid the injury risk. Chelsea wanted to conclude the deal with Werner for this very reason.

That’s not a bad shout, but spending that much on a player has never been Dortmund’s m.o. I think they will once again invest in a cheaper/least known talent and develop them. I see the sancho deal happening but only when jadon forces the move. Just like auba/dembele.. they get their money and they can save face by saying the player made them do it.

Agreed that it's not their MO. I was just thinking because they're talking about buying memphis to fill the spot who will cost 50 probably and he's not even an RW. They're better off using a little more of that money and getting a younger more promising player who they will make the money back on in the future. Not so sure they'll be able to sell memphis for that same amount or more in a few year's time. Just feels like havertz is a more natural fit. The way things looks now, they could probably get leverkusen to accept 80 flat since there's really no market

Dortmund should sell Sancho for 120 to united then buy havertz for 80+ add ons. He's the closest they'll get to filling that RW spot without throwing away money. Buying havertz basically guarantees they'll get at least 80 back in a few years if he chooses to go. Best development spot for Havertz as well imo
I would go after Leon Bailey as opposed to Memphis. Leverkusen keeps playing him on the left, when he's had his best season on the right(he's also indicated that he prefers playing on the right). Kid is young and can ball. While all of the attention is on Kai Havertz, he can probably be had for a fraction of Kai's price.

Last edited:
If United overpay for Dembele I am going to be so sour...If the Sancho deal definitely ends up not happening they need to use that 120mil for a DM and a CB or LB, not another winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom